• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach SC

Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have an upcoming exchange to Sheraton Plantation in Myrtle Beach. Very concerned about reports of bedbugs and roaches; also which part has been updated? Thanks::annoyed:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have never had a guest complain about roaches or bed bugs. We own at SBP. You were lucky to get an exchange. The entire resort is like brand new.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. I have never had a guest complain about roaches or bed bugs. We own at SBP. You were lucky to get an exchange. The entire resort is like brand new.

I agree with the above statement. This is a very nice resort with some outstanding amenities that are free.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Looking through Trip Advisor, I see one bad report and one here with an unhappy renter. Hopefully it was an isolated week and area of the resort and the resort took care of it. Also an owner and I have never experience those problems.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I was there in July for the third year in a row, and had no problems.

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Broadway Plantation is a beautiful resort you will love it. I stayed there any times you will enjoy it. I'm not sure if it is still there but there used to be a dueling Piano Bar in Broadway at the Beach, the outdoor Shopping and entertainment complex. It is right near the SBP. We had so much fun there.

Enjoy--Nothing to worry about.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I saw a roach once at SBP, in our first floor master bathroom. The roaches there are the American ones common to humid climates -- they travel alone and don't infest. Never seen or heard of a German roach infestation at SBP.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two bad reviews and one roach at a resort for a year. Please look at the big picture how many villas/buildings are at this resort and how many weeks are in a timeshare year (51 weeks), now multiplier that by the number of weeks in a year and the number of villas at this resort or any resort.

Two bad reviews and roach in a villa. That is not bad.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because of the date of your travels, it seems that you are going to Myrtle Beach for something other than the beach, as it will be relatively cold (60s maybe 70s) during your stay.

If that is the case, then your choice of SBP is a good one, as they are centrally located to the non-beach amenities of MB.

I just went there, and while not impressed, I was not dissapointed either.

The main negative I see with SBP is that that they are not beach front, but if you are ok with that, then you should enjoy your time there.

penny1234567890

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

I have a week scheduled for Thanksgiving Week, does anyone know the conditions right now with all of the flooding? If it is bad I will turn in my week to RCI or rent it but I am not sure, looking for advise!

Scott & Laura

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

We were just at Myrtle Beach in early September --pre flood

There were no cockroaches or bed bugs that I saw or even heard of

Positives --the resort was quaint and intimate and for my wife and I it was perfect as a home base for day trips.

Negatives--The resort rolled up the carpet and started closing down the week we were there. The resort and town are identical to Orlando Florida-sans Disney. Myrtle Beach is like DownTown Disney

Several Million dollar plus putt putt golf courses exist--I told my wife we should play them all as semi Pros.

We asked concierge about activities -Congaree National Park and other parks---they kept telling us about discount eating and entertainment places---We asked 5-6 times about sights and such and always it was a stiff arm about about coupons for eating and entertainment---I walked off and my wife talked 10 minutes more

Congaree is best reached by interstate --we went backroads on way because we wanted to see sights--it was slow but great--we returned interstate--which was quick and still fun. We went to Gardens--we took cruise through river--we found we needed two days to see I would go back in a minute to see the gardens and other sights

I have been to Orlando so much I am tired of tourist traps---Myrtle Beach is built on tourist dollars and everywhere you go a business is built on extracting the money

Charleston is a fabulous place but it is a week destination--best seen at Christmas holiday Time

Have fun--I enjoyed Myrtle Beach and will go back but resort rolls up carpet by end of first week in September

Scott