• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Westin Nanea on sale now

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you receive the files? I sent you two of them yesterday. Thanks, bob

They could maybe go here AND the new sticky Nanea thread?

The sticky is for pictures only, please.

tacopizzabob

Reaction score
The sticky is for pictures only, please.

OK, the only reason i suggested though was the brochure has "pictures" of the layouts as well as marketing pictures... so didn't know if that counted as pictures. They're aren't construction photos though, which is what's in that other thread obviously.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
OK, the only reason i suggested though was the brochure has "pictures" of the layouts as well as marketing pictures... so didn't know if that counted as pictures. They're aren't construction photos though, which is what's in that other thread obviously.

Brochure pictures would be great - thank you! I thought you were posting something like price lists, or other text that would generate discussion.

*However, please don't post the same pictures in both places, TUG has a rule against duplicate posts.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

I did but work and kids have meant I have not tackled this yesterday.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brochure pictures would be great - thank you! I thought you were posting something like price lists, or other text that would generate discussion.

*However, please don't post the same pictures in both places, TUG has a rule against duplicate posts.
Ah got it. Read the whole thread first!

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Posted to the sticky.

Denise you can clean up our conversation in there now and delete those two posts.

I put placeholders in initially to plan the brochure load and make sure others did not post into the sequence. There was method to the apparent madness.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Posted to the sticky.

Denise you can clean up our conversation in there now and delete those two posts.

I put placeholders in initially to plan the brochure load and make sure others did not post into the sequence. There was method to the apparent madness.

Good planning! Thank you so much for posting those! :clap:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fascinating photos you posted, SMHarman. Thank you and tacopizzabob for all the good info!

My first thoughts are that the kitchen and master bedroom layouts look almost exactly like Phase 1 of HGVC's Kingsland on the Big Island. The big soaking tub in the middle of the open MBath takes up way too much space, and the living area is nice, but small. Our family thought the Kingsland 2BR units were tight for two couples and two children. And the Nanea LR/DR/kitchen seems especially small for a 3BR! Too bad they don't have large lanais to expand outdoor living space like the Ka'anapali Hyatt timeshares have. The view from all the units is better at the Hyatt, too, I'm afraid. The Nanea footprint means a lot of rooms are going to have limited/obstructed views.

Last edited:

tacopizzabob

Reaction score
I did but work and kids have meant I have not tackled this yesterday.

Thanks, and GREAT job adding them all as separate posts. FYI - there was no image on the back of the booklet. It was blank with the exception of a few lines of copyright text. No biggie, but just wanted you to know that you weren't some amazing piece of artwork that would have made it some incredible special deal :)

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Looking at the kitchen in the renderings, it is apparent that they have been designed by a non-cook. Now I see why they call them kitchenettes. There is no counter space to speak of. Maybe this is to appease the Maui Mayor's dislike of time shares. If the kitchens are too small, folks will have to eat out often.

I think the kitchen would be better if they changed the full wall storage cabinet next to the refrigerator into a lower cabinet with counter top, and wall cabinet above. At least then there would be some place to do your prep work.

The renderings seem to imply that the kitchen table will be counter height, so it looks sort of like a kitchen island on the drawings and floor plans. But of course if you use it as such, you will need to clean it up before you can sit down to eat. And how many kids do well at counter height tables and tall chairs?

The same sized living room for all three unit sizes? I think it will be awfully small for a three bedroom unit. It only has easy chairs/couch seating for 4. Where do the other 2-6 occupants sit?

And to call the building 4 hammer-head Ocean Front, when its view is restricted by buildings 1 and 8, is even more of a stretch than the OF designation for building 5 & 8 at WKORN. At least at WKORN, you have a good idea of your OF will have. I would not be a happy camper if I paid for OF and was stuck in building 4.

Finally, the concierge said that they were told that Nanea would NOT be sharing pools with WKOR/N. Who knows what will actually be the case. Only time will tell.

All in all, it is not looking like a property or layout that I want to purchase. I'll stick with my two weeks as WKORN.

Greg

Last edited:

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Notes from owner updates

Some notes from our owners update:

1. The hammer heads are configured as follows from left to right on each hammerhead.
Building 8 (6 floors): 3br / 2br / 3br
Building 4 (5 floors): 2br / 3br / 2br
Building 1 (6 floors): 3br /2br /3br
The corner bedrooms of the hammerheads do not wrap around

2. New money requirements:
Ocean front $75k Resort view $35K

3. Maintenance fees not like coral vista (fixed and variable components per contract) but rather a straight per option fee regardless of how many options purchased. MF per option higher for Ocean Front vs Resort view.

4. First occupancy Aug 2017

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How many did you buy? ;)

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought em all, they are all gone. Sorry about that.:D

Last edited:

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, just read the whole thing and don't see the information we got yesterday. Perhaps this goes in a different topic. We were told that the existing owners of ocean front WKORV-N would receive a bump in the number of star options for their units, to be consistent with the new location. I have a bit more info but not sure this is the right place to post.

This will happen without an increase in MF's.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, just read the whole thing and don't see the information we got yesterday. Perhaps this goes in a different topic. We were told that the existing owners of ocean front WKORV-N would receive a bump in the number of star options for their units, to be consistent with the new location. I have a bit more info but not sure this is the right place to post.

This will happen without an increase in MF's.

Yes - that's correct - it has been increased.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
The increase doesn't happen unit 2017. For 2016 it is still the old values.

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding that ocean view can still be upgraded to ocean front IF AVAILABLE and there will be no additional options charge, right? And that applies only if it is at check in. Is there a thread on this? To me it seemed that it would be much harder to upgrade to an ocean front.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding that ocean view can still be upgraded to ocean front IF AVAILABLE and there will be no additional options charge, right? And that applies only if it is at check in. Is there a thread on this? To me it seemed that it would be much harder to upgrade to an ocean front.

That would be my guess. However, I would not mind spending the extra SOs to know I am getting OF in advance. But that's just me. :cool:

Hot cheese

Reaction score
Just bought Nanea and having remorse

Hi, first, this is my first vacation ownership purchase. I'm an avid SPG user,
Familiar with points, use Amex SPG, and get gold status free with Amex platinum.

So we came down to Westin Maui Hotel, got the pitch and bought yesterday. 2br OF $77,000 which equates 177,000 Star Options for 1 week. This is a deeded property and they gave us 3 star elite status because we hit 177,000 options. The maintenance fee is $3,200 per year. If we cashed in the Star Options for SPG points it's about 95,000. As for perks, they initially gave us 120,000 SPG points but I negotiated up to 160,000. Then they also give gold for life, I negotiated for a resort credit, and they include the ability to buy 90k points for $1900 4 times before December 1 2017.

Now, I'm having major remorse. I'm pretty good at racking up points because I travel for work and stay at SPG and can use my SPG Amex card. I'm having a hard time with paying $77k plus $3200 a year for a vacation I know I can score using my points or find a cheaper deal through my own capabilities.

Help me out folks. I'm on the verge of rescinding and not seeing the upside. I think I was enamored with all the SPG points but I don't want to have the maintenance fee hanging over my head. I read a ton of posts on here saying to buy on eBay second hand and think I am just silly for doing this.

Last edited:

Hot cheese

Reaction score
There is no ocean front. It is 1BR and 2BR Resort View or 2BR and 3BR Ocean Front only.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Familiar with points, use Amex SPG, and get gold status free with Amex platinum.

So we came down to Westin Maui Hotel, got the pitch and bought yesterday. 2br OF $77,000 which equates 177,000 Star Options for 1 week. This is a deeded property and they gave us 3 star elite status because we hit 177,000 options. The maintenance fee is $3,200 per year. If we cashed in the Star Options for SPG points it's about 95,000. As for perks, they initially gave us 120,000 SPG points but I negotiated up to 160,000. Then they also give gold for life, I negotiated for a resort credit, and they include the ability to buy 90k points for $1900 4 times before December 1 2017.

Now, I'm having major remorse. I'm pretty good at racking up points because I travel for work and stay at SPG and can use my SPG Amex card. I'm having a hard time with paying $77k plus $3200 a year for a vacation I know I can score using my points or find a cheaper deal through my own capabilities.

Help me out folks. I'm on the verge of rescinding and not seeing the upside. I think I was enamored with all the SPG points but I don't want to have the maintenance fee hanging over my head. I read a ton of posts on here saying to buy on eBay second hand and think I am just silly for doing this.

Rescind now. Immediately. I'm pretty sure you can find 2 bedroom Westin Maui ocean view for $10-15k from resale.

Again Rescind now, you have only few days left.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Rescind now. No upside to keeping, given your post.

Sent from my iPad

Hot cheese

Reaction score
Thanks

I will rescind. This was for Nanea, btw. We came to Westin Maui for vacation. Sorry for failing to be clear before. Does that change anyone's perspective? We are still at the hote until Sunday and have some time to rescind while here

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What other posters are advising is that you can buy an Ocean View, or Ocean Front deed at the Original Resort (which has GREAT Ocean Front Views) for far less money, and a much lower maintenance fee - about $1,000 per year less.

But I wouldn't buy, unless you want to visit the resort every year.

Last edited: