• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do you figure CWA M/F

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a method to figuring out how much M/F are for CWA?

Is there a general calculation or does it depend on who you buy from?

Just was wondering b/c Ebay has two listings for the same amount of points, but they both have different M/F listed. So I was a little confused.

Thanks,
Sarah

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
Is there a method to figuring out how much M/F are for CWA?

Is there a general calculation or does it depend on who you buy from?

Just was wondering b/c Ebay has two listings for the same amount of points, but they both have different M/F listed. So I was a little confused.

Thanks,
Sarah

The CWA HOA fee is $4.90 per 1000 points plus the program fee which in my case is $0.57 per 1000. The difference that you are seeing is likely due to the program fee which if its a small difference it may be due to including PlusPartners. If one sale combines 2 contracts it would be because there is is a minimum program fee which causes smaller contracts to have a higher MF per K.

Last edited:

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
So If I'm reading this correctly, if they are combined point packages then they probably have double the program fee (or more).

Another question, what exactly is "minimum program fee". I haven't come accross this in my researching.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
The program fee is .55 per 1000 points. If you have plus partners, then it is .57 per 1000 points. Also, there is a minimum program fee of about $129 (not sure if this is the most current minimum). So if you have a smaller contract, you will pay the $129 minimum. If you have a larger contract (or several smaller) that gets you above $129, then you will pay the .55 per 1000 points.

So the difference could be plus partners, or it could be someone that is selling just one of their contracts and is only reporting the fees related to the contract they're selling.

Also, many contracts for sale have outdated maintenance fees, especially if they've been for sale for quite some time (possibly via a broker site) before getting posted to ebay.

The best thing to do when buying is to know what the current fees are and the impact it will have on your membership based on any other contracts you may have.

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I have a contract for 64K, and then buy one for 175K. Do they add them together to figure out the program fee or is it per contract?

In other words would it be:
64 x .55 =35.20 (but pay min of $129)
plus 175 x .55 = $96 (but pay min of $129)
Total program fee of $258 per year

OR

64K + 175K = 239K points
so
239 x .55 = $131.45
Total Program fee of $131.45

I hope this isn't too confusing. I'm just learning, and looking at buying into Whyndham Access.

Thanks,
Sarah

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
64K + 175K = 239K points
so
239 x .55 = $131.45
Total Program fee of $131.45

The points would be summed, then the program fee would be calculated, but you have to hold both deeds in the same membership.

When you buy the second and any subsequent deeds, be sure to supply your Wyndham membership number to the closing agent, so that the deed will be added to your account.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
but you have to hold both deeds in the same membership.QUOTE]

So as long as I only have one Wyndham Account/Membership number, we are good with the one program fee?

Thanks,
Sarah

Yes. The program fee is calculate per membership, not per deed.

Five deeds in one membership = one program fee.

Five deeds in five memberships = five separate program fees, each with a minimum.

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! :D

I do apoligize for all the little questions. I just wanted to make sure I understood properly.