• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Plantation reservations for 2015, not enough week 27's?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have been keeping a low profile about this, and I decided not to say anything, but I have to share my frustration and see what you all think about this situation.

We own several week 27's at SBP, all Plantation phase, 2 bed and 2 bed locks. I pay fees ahead of time, then call a week or two before the year mark to reserve week 27's, which is the deeded unit type we own. We can reserve up to 2 years in advance without worrying about the competition grabbing weeks ahead of us.

The problem was, I could reserve one or two, then the Starwood guide wouldn't let me reserve anything else. There was NO availability. So how is that possible? I asked her that question directly. There are so many weeks deeded as week 27, and owners are entitled to their deeded weeks ahead of anyone else. How could Starwood "run out" of weeks? Not everyone is going to call and reserve their actual deeded weeks. A large percentage might, but not every single one of us, and even if they all did, there should be weeks left.

Well, if Starwood grabs up weeks to "rent" and takes the inventory from deeded week 27 owners, of course Starwood would deplete owner inventory. That is the most probable explanation.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I posted earlier this year that I was simply amazed at the number of SBP units available in RCI for summer 2015. They had one or two large bulk bankings, and I grabbed a two bedroom unit before I was even able to reserve my own as a float owner.

Did they eventually "find" enough inventory to cover all of your week 27 reservations?

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
No, they didn't find enough of the weeks. They said there was no inventory for me. I was supposed to just take the statement that the weeks were gone. I even asked how a huge resort like SBP could run out of weeks.

I should have called a month ahead, just to make sure I got my weeks. I paid that far ahead.

I had forgotten about RCI deposits. That might be the reason. How many weeks did they deposit that owners could have gotten? That makes me nuts.

So for 2016, I am going to pay my fees ahead and reserve my weeks at least by the end of this year. I will also watch daily for inventory to come available for the dates I want next year.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, they didn't find enough of the weeks. They said there was no inventory for me. I was supposed to just take the statement that the weeks were gone. I even asked how a huge resort like SBP could run out of weeks.

I should have called a month ahead, just to make sure I got my weeks. I paid that far ahead.

I had forgotten about RCI deposits. That might be the reason. How many weeks did they deposit that owners could have gotten? That makes me nuts.

So for 2016, I am going to pay my fees ahead and reserve my weeks at least by the end of this year. I will also watch daily for inventory to come available for the dates I want next year.

Take a look at the sightings board (or don't, because it will probably drive you nuts), but there were 1 and 2 bedroom units available for the entire summer. They don't show how many units for each check-in date.

I would have a very hard time accepting that I could not reserve my deeded week at a time when it's only available to me according to the governing documents.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I was more than a little upset. I tried to be polite to the woman over the phone, but she kept saying, "I am sorry, no more inventory is available for any of those check-in days." Even 7/5 wasn't available.

I called a few days ago to reserve a few weeks for 7/11, and the gal said, "Nothing is available." I asked her how that was possible because it was on the first day I could get inventory, and I could see inventory online, and she said, "Oh, wait a minute, I was looking at 2014 inventory."

I feel like the guides are trying to keep me from using all of my weeks. :crash:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I was more than a little upset. I tried to be polite to the woman over the phone, but she kept saying, "I am sorry, no more inventory is available for any of those check-in days." Even 7/5 wasn't available.

I called a few days ago to reserve a few weeks for 7/11, and the gal said, "Nothing is available." I asked her how that was possible because it was on the first day I could get inventory, and I could see inventory online, and she said, "Oh, wait a minute, I was looking at 2014 inventory."

I feel like the guides are trying to keep me from using all of my weeks. :crash:

Was there any availability for 7/6 check-in? I could perhaps see all of the Friday or Saturday check-ins being taken, but if there were none left at all for the weekend then Starwood almost certainly violated the governing documents, which docs are pretty clear:
Fixed Week Preference Period means the period during which similarly numbered Floating Unit Weeks Owners shall have the exclusive right to reserve the use of their numbered Floating Unit Week, in a Floating Unit of the same type as they own, without competing for such reservation with other Floating Unit Week Owners who do not own the similarly numbered Floating Unit Week. During the Fixed Week Preference Period, Owners may only reserve Vacation Ownership Interests in the same Unit type which they own. The Fixed Week Preference Period begins twenty-four months prior to the first day of use of the Owner's numbered Floating Unit Week and lasts twelve (12) months.​

I made a reservation online last Thursday night for a 7/11 check-in. My brother called on the afternoon of the 11th (because he didn't listen to me and reserve online the night before) to reserve his 1 bedroom premium, and there were none available. He had to downgrade to the smaller one bedroom.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 5th is Sunday, and the sixth is Monday. So nothing on the 6th, of course.

I cannot check online inventory for my week 27's ahead of one year out on my own with the My Star Central log-in, but if I could, I would have argued that inventory was there. As it was, I had to take the word of the Starwood person over the phone.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 5th is Sunday, and the sixth is Monday. So nothing on the 6th, of course.

I cannot check online inventory for my week 27's ahead of one year out on my own with the My Star Central log-in, but if I could, I would have argued that inventory was there. As it was, I had to take the word of the Starwood person over the phone.

Sorry, I was looking at this year's calendar. My point was that according to the governing docs there should have been enough inventory for you to reserve each week 27 unit you own on at least one of the three check in days. If not, then there was clearly a violation of those documents by Starwood, impacting your ownership rights. If you were in the mood (and wanted to spend money) to fight it, it should probably be an easy victory.

If it were me though, I'd certainly be writing some letters to corporate to ask some questions and voice my displeasure.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last year I called to reserve my week 27's about a month ahead, and the woman told me I had a certain check-in day I had to reserve. In other words, I couldn't book a Saturday, if I owned a Friday check-in day. I see nowhere on the deed that says a particular check-in day, but I didn't argue with her. Maybe I should challenge these guides a little more.

My future daughter-in-law is a paralegal with a very large law firm, actually, and she could write me a letter.

I talk to people at Starwood who are very nice, and I talk to others who are difficult because they tell me things like that. Then I will call days later and talk to someone else who says, "I just helped another person this morning with their week 27 reservation, and there were a few left. I don't know who told you they were all gone, because that was not true." This was at the one-year mark, when everyone can book week 27's. I reserved another through her, and her name was Paula. So why can't I get Paula every time? But when she booked that one, she said, "That is all we have." One more was all she had to book for me.

If I own four, I should be able to book four.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last year I called to reserve my week 27's about a month ahead, and the woman told me I had a certain check-in day I had to reserve. In other words, I couldn't book a Saturday, if I owned a Friday check-in day. I see nowhere on the deed that says a particular check-in day, but I didn't argue with her. Maybe I should challenge these guides a little more.

My future daughter-in-law is a paralegal with a very large law firm, actually, and she could write me a letter.

I talk to people at Starwood who are very nice, and I talk to others who are difficult because they tell me things like that. Then I will call days later and talk to someone else who says, "I just helped another person this morning with their week 27 reservation, and there were a few left. I don't know who told you they were all gone, because that was not true." This was at the one-year mark, when everyone can book week 27's. I reserved another through her, and her name was Paula. So why can't I get Paula every time? But when she booked that one, she said, "That is all we have." One more was all she had to book for me.

If I own four, I should be able to book four.

You are correct, they are not deeded to a particular check in day. Perhaps in a round-a-bout way she was saying that there were only certain check-in days left. That would make sense - roughly 50% of the inventory is Saturday check-in, about 30% Sunday, and 20% Friday.

A lot of the guides have no clue about the special SBP reservation rules; the first time I called in to make a reservation about 18 months out, I was told I couldn't. I had to ask her to check with her supervisor.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Since Starwood is depositing summer 2015 units waaaay before owners of those weeks have given up their right to those weeks, I would say they are breaking their contract with you at the very least and illegally using units they do not have a right to use in that way.

I have weeks 1,2 and 3 at La Cabana Aruba held in the Bluegreen Vacation Club Trust. I have until 11 months, 1 day before check-in to reserve my deeded unit/week and I do not need to prepay my maint fee to do so.

Since Bluegreen tends to start filling the wait list requests a few days before the 11 month mark, I call at 11 months, 2-3 weeks out.

Those week 27s should be available to the deeded owners until the 12 month mark.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pat, I agree they are breaking the contract with owners. Thanks for weighing in. I knew you got rid of your SBP because they weren't banking good weeks with II, only RCI. I wonder why the loyalty to RCI? The Vistana weeks are deposited in huge numbers to RCI. I think because RCI allows the 1-in-4. That is the only thing that comes to mind.

If week 27's are truly not available to book over 1 year out for those of us who own them and paid our fees fully, they are definitely breaking the contract.

My question to Starwood would naturally be: "Are these guides looking where they are supposed to be looking?" So if inventory is not where they are looking, perhaps they aren't looking in the right place. Maybe they are looking at inventory up to a year out only and cannot see anything beyond. Maybe they are not really qualified to answer the phone and need to go back to training.

We had a woman working at Metrolist in Denver, when I was there working technical support. She sat across from my desk, and I could hear her telling Realtors the wrong things. I kept telling the manager she was giving out bogus information. They never did a thing. She was a nice person, very sweet, I liked her, and I didn't want her to get in trouble, but when a Realtor calls back and asks the same question because the answer she gave was incorrect, then we all took calls we didn't need to take.

Maybe there are Starwood guides who listen to these conversations and shake their heads the way I did for so long.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
So are you saying that you own two fixed week 27 units, you called over a year in advance, and are being told that you cannot reserve that week?

I'd ask for a supervisor, and then I'd ask for the Resolution Department.

Now, if you own a floating week and your deed says week 27, that is a different matter.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now, if you own a floating week and your deed says week 27, that is a different matter.
It's a floating week with a deeded week number of 27. The rule is you can book a unit for your deeded week up to two years in advance. So at the one-year mark, if everyone did that, there would be nothing for anyone else. Most people don't pay their fees ahead of time. I did because I wanted to get my week at least a week before everyone else could get my deeded week.

How many deeded week 27's could they sell? I think just one per unit.

Denise M. just posted a thread about the crappy customer service by Starwood. YEP, I agree wholeheartedly.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
It's a floating week with a deeded week number of 27. The rule is you can book a unit for your deeded week up to two years in advance. So at the one-year mark, if everyone did that, there would be nothing for anyone else. Most people don't pay their fees ahead of time. I did because I wanted to get my week at least a week before everyone else could get my deeded week.

All I can advise is to escalate it until you get some satisfaction. If you have a copy of the OA, then be ready to fax it to them.