• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Brewster Green May 2-9 2014

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We're into our second full day at Brewster Green on Cape Cod. This is our first trip to Cape Cod. Our unit is D18, one level, two bedroom, two bath. It's quite nice by what I understand Cape standards to be. Could use some updating in the bathrooms and kitchen but is roomy with very wide hallways, plenty of closets; has a washer and dryer, large kitchen and is air-conditioned (though we've mostly used heat). The grounds could use some work as we are looking out back at a line of trees (beyond is a golf course) with a lot of broken limbs and underbrush that needs cleaning out. The charcoal barbecue grill on our deck is falling apart but it is nice to have our own. A complaint about this unit in particular is that it sits down hill slightly and when it rains, the landscaping and dirt runs across the sidewalk in front and we must walk through and track mud in. And so far, we've been unable to get our dishwasher to work. Tomorrow we will call maintenance.

All in all, we're quite happy here. It's comfy, great flat-screen TV, Mother's steaming fresh shrimp for dinner and making a salad after a day spend in P'town. Good times!

Are any other Tuggers here?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maine

Nope, I lived in Wellfleet years ago----but today I'm about 300 miles away (Maine). :p

Have FUN

Grew up with a second home in Maine. Still my heart's favorite.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
June

Next month, week of 6 june.

Should be a better month/week. Though we are not beach people and the cool weather, low traffic and crowds suit us fine, some of the restaurants we wanted to go to open next week along with Mother's Day. Not all galleries and shops are open yet either. Still, there are still plenty of places open.

Many of the trees are still bare, while bulbs, forsythia, cherry and tulip magnolia trees are blooming along with a spectacular purple bush we do not recognize. Up close it looks like some kind of small leafed rhododendron but other rhododendrons are not blooming so not sure what it is. We've seen it all the way up the coast from NY.

Enjoy your stay! It's a good base for exploring and a comfortable place to stay.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
places to go

Don't forget the National seashore, chatham,brewster country store..rt 6a is a nice drive also...I haven't been in s few years as I exchange..glad to hear most but the grills should br
e working and the dish washer. ? Please tell management. :)

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Looking forward to my visit in August!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BG and our Cape Experience

Don't forget the National seashore, chatham,brewster country store..rt 6a is a nice drive also...I haven't been in s few years as I exchange..glad to hear most but the grills should br
e working and the dish washer. ? Please tell management. :)

Hubby managed to put the grill back together enough to use it and a really nice maintenance came over and said that the dishwasher just has to be grabbed hard on each side with thumbs and shoved in for it to latch. Hubby pointed out that a weaker person could not do that and that two screw heads were exposed and keeping it from closing correctly. He disagree but came back and installed flat head screws and it worked. We enjoyed talking to him after that.

We've been to Coast Guard Beach and Nauset Beach on the National Sea Shore and driven up to P'town jumping off on 6-A at Truro for the more scenic final ride in. We drove 28 in to Chatham for stunning views ending at the light house and beach and had a lovely afternoon wandering from shop to shop on Main St. And a FABULOUS, though pricey, lunch at the Indulgent Oyster.

We've ridden 6-A across Brewster through Dennis, eaten at The Brewster Fish House, our favorite so far (the chowder beats all). Visited Paine's Creek Beach twice (so lovely and photogenic). You have to see it at low and high tide! We saw the herring ladder at the grist mill in Brewster but it was high tide and I didn't like watching the seagulls having a ready meal and just gobbling them up. We rode over into Dennis to Mayflower beach. Wow! All the while stopping at shops and galleries that look interesting along the way. There was a juried craft show under tents in Brewster that was fun.

Orleans has been our grocery shopping town with the huge Shaw's and Stop and Shop and also our bank is there. There is a wonderful fresh fish market in between The Lobster Claw restaurant (two locals told us to stay away) and Sir Cricket's Fish and Chips (same two locals said go and we had great fresh generous servings of fried scallops). I love visiting a fish market that doesn't smell! Lots of locals there buying. They must have had a hundred live lobsters in there. They will steam them for you to take home.

The week is going quickly. Somehow I thought we'd cover this easily and completely like we did Mt Desert Island in Maine in a week but no way. Today we will drive to W. Yarmouth and perhaps Hyannis. Want to get to Falmouth one day. Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket will have to wait for another trip. Would have to take the car for Mother and it's expensive and even this time of year I couldn't get a reservation until afternoon to go over.

Anyone who thinks that they can do it all in a week doesn't understand how big the area is and how much there is to see much less to do. We are mainly just riding and seeing as we have my mother with us. Were we to have the summer traffic and actually spend time on a beach or a tour, biking or hiking it would be even less likely that we'd cover it all.

GOT TO COME BACK!!!!!:cheer: