• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (#6369)

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I have just started an ongoing search with RCI for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (#6369) for a two bedroom... starting June 13th, 2015....it is for seven days... what do you think my chances are of getting this??? thanks Dave :shrug:

lcml11

Reaction score
I have just started an ongoing search with RCI for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (#6369) for a two bedroom... starting June 13th, 2015....it is for seven days... what do you think my chances are of getting this??? thanks Dave :shrug:

Sorry to say not good. My guess is if spare weeks at Bonnet Creek come up, they are off to Wyndham Club Pass. The fees for the Pass program are much cheaper. So if the trader wants to go somewhere Wyndham is, they will go there.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA

I think your chances are fantastic...I just looked for that exact date THIS year and there is still availability....I'm showing three 2 bdm deluxe units available right now. Again this is for that date this year..who knows what next year will be. But I think your chances are pretty good.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need sufficient TPU/Points, but otherwise should be easy pickings for that weekend generally. The resort is large, and the Club Pass thing is entirely speculation---and, IMO, ill-founded speculation.

Wyndham does not consistently deposit Saturday check-ins there so you might have to settle for Sunday. If you are using Weeks, go back and look at sightings from this past summer to get a sense for the TPU you'll need. They were pretty high if I recall correctly.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say not good. My guess is if spare weeks at Bonnet Creek come up, they are off to Wyndham Club Pass. The fees for the Pass program are much cheaper. So if the trader wants to go somewhere Wyndham is, they will go there.

GUESSING? On what basis. There has been NO, NONE, NADA reports of any bookings ANYWHERES on CLUB WYNDHAM PASS ....

There is NO history or experience for a GUESS on your part or the crystal ball you might be holding. [deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

lcml11

Reaction score
GUESSING? On what basis. There has been NO, NONE, NADA reports of any bookings ANYWHERES on CLUB WYNDHAM PASS ....

There is NO history or experience for a GUESS on your part or the crystal ball you might be holding. And if you are partaking of the whacky weed, you really need to keep that quiet --- forfeiture laws would apply and you might lose your Platinum account.

It will be interesting to see what effect the competition between Wyndham Club Pass and RCI will have. Also, it might be interesting to follow the pattern on this week that was brought up earlier. I.E., will Wyndham continuing putting weeks in this time frame into RCI or will they go to Wyndham Club Pass. Remember, they presumably own a week or so so they would be a member in their own right.

For anyone interested in doing this, I would think it would be pretty simple. Just set up a on-going search with a Sunday check-in and see what pops up when. That does not mean anyone has to take it.

Last edited:

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
You will need sufficient TPU/Points, but otherwise should be easy pickings for that weekend generally. The resort is large, and the Club Pass thing is entirely speculation---and, IMO, ill-founded speculation.

Wyndham does not consistently deposit Saturday check-ins there so you might have to settle for Sunday. If you are using Weeks, go back and look at sightings from this past summer to get a sense for the TPU you'll need. They were pretty high if I recall correctly.

Thanks to everyone for their input..... I will be using points and I will have over 190,000 so I should be good on that front....when should I expect to hear if I got the trade??? Thanks! Dave

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
For 2015 I say your chances are excellent!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
when should I expect to hear if I got the trade???
Wyndham typically deposits month-by-month, approximately 8 months prior to check-in date. They've deposited through September '14 so far, with October due any time now. Likewise, you should see June '15 sometime before the end of October '14.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
POSTS DELETED - Please use the private message function to bicker.... :wave:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must have missed the fur flying, but for the OP (as well as others new to the Wyndham forum):

The theory that Wyndham Club Pass will dry up WVO RCI inventory is based on a hypothetical future in which WVO owners suddenly stop using/depositing to RCI in droves, instead flocking to an internal exchange system that allows them to exchange only with WorldMark resorts.

The majority consensus is that this hypothetical future is so vastly unlikely as to be not worth even a passing mention, yet one TUGger continues to repeat it as near-certainty. Naturally, this tends to rile people up. If you go back to read past threads full of similarly heated discussion involving said TUGger, you can draw your own conclusions about whose hypothetical future is more likely to be right.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting related post at post 1.
Depends on your definition of "interesting." But, given that that post contrasts RCI Weeks and RCI Points---and has nothing to do with Wyndham Club Pass or Wyndham/WorldMark ownerships generally---it seems to be completely irrelevant to the question in this thread.

lcml11

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "interesting." But, given that that post contrasts RCI Weeks and RCI Points---and has nothing to do with Wyndham Club Pass or Wyndham/WorldMark ownerships generally---it seems to be completely irrelevant to the question in this thread.

"But weeks owners are being routinely squeezed out of exchanges" this is the phrase that caught my attention. With Wyndham Club Pass now entering the exchange market relating to Wyndham Club Plus/Access and Worldmark by Wyndham, I think this would come under the heading of "squeezed out of exchanges".

Also, the chatter about a possable 2nd RCI Weeks lawsuit caught my attention. If this comes to pass over this issue, then it could very well involve Club Wyndham Pass and it's participating Clubs/Resorts.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
But, given that that post contrasts RCI Weeks and RCI Points---and has nothing to do with Wyndham Club Pass or Wyndham/WorldMark ownerships generally---it seems to be completely irrelevant to the question in this thread.

But why let that stop anyone from referencing it? :)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Wyndham Club Pass now entering the exchange market relating to Wyndham Club Plus/Access and Worldmark by Wyndham, I think this would come under the heading of "squeezed out of exchanges".
No, it is not at all the same, but it is not surprising that this is not clear to you.

RCI Points *removes* inventory from RCI Weeks entirely. Once someone joins Points, their week can never again be part of Weeks unless they withdraw from Points. But, Club Pass is just another *option* for an owner in any given use year---it's not a one-way street from that point on.

lcml11

Reaction score
No, it is not at all the same, but it is not surprising that this is not clear to you.

RCI Points *removes* inventory from RCI Weeks entirely. Once someone joins Points, their week can never again be part of Weeks unless they withdraw from Points. But, Club Pass is just another *option* for an owner in any given use year---it's not a one-way street from that point on.

Have not updated myself lately, it has been awhile since I had a discussion with Wyndham Corporate. However, at the time, they said they were starting a multi-year review of timeshares that were in both the weeks systems and the points systems. They said they were eliminating the duplication when ever they found it. If you are right, that process must be complete. Thanks for the update.

Also, please see post number 6 in the below thread.

It is not clear if the poster was referring to just the use of the weeks program times and what could be done with it or of broader rights that may arise from different deeds in different programs.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206899

The interesting part is as follows:

"What? You don't know what your talking about. I own a titled/deed week just like you. I can use my week. I can exchange my week. I have access to the weeks inventory. But I also have access to RCI Points, which allows me to use shorts stays (days).

Maybe you should ask some questions and read a little bit about RCI Points before you vent.

RCI doesn't want 16K to "move our timeshares into their program", it's your timeshare, they want the money. If you want to be part of RCI Points, buy a resale. I only paid $126 for my 2-Bdrm Grandview worth 80K RCI Points, along with a deeded/recorded week. Then keep your week, sell it, or give it away."

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
What? You don't know what your talking about. I own a titled/deed week just like you. I can use my week. I can exchange my week. I have access to the weeks inventory. But I also have access to RCI Points, which allows me to use shorts stays (days).
Of course a Points owner has access to Weeks inventory. But the deeded week owned by the underlying Points owner is not part of Weeks inventory---it is part of Points inventory. When a Points owner exchanges into Weeks inventory, some corresponding Points inventory is (supposedly) moved over. But, RCI gets to choose what to move, and it's not necessarily the deeded week of the Points owner, and nothing moves unless the Points owner chooses something out of Weeks.

Club Wyndham Pass works essentially the same way. WVO inventory is not moved to WM until and unless some WM owner books WVO time, or some WVO owner books WM time. You believe that such crossover will come to dominate RCI usage, strangling RCI deposits. The rest of us believe otherwise. That's my "point," if you'll pardon the pun. Furthermore, unlike Points and Weeks, WVO and WM have a bilateral agreement. Points is one-way in the sense that Points owners have access to Weeks inventory, but not vice versa.

I suspect you'll respond with some other post mis-quoting (or mis-interpreting) some other random, unrelated post to try to make your point and make it appear as though others agree with you. Have at it. I will let someone else take up the fight, as I've gone as far as I'm willing to try to explain things to you.