• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle - Nov 2012

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are booked in Worldmark (WM) Vancouver, WM Victoria and WM Seattle (Camlin) in Nov 2012 - one week each except 2 weeks in Seattle. We will not have a car with us but may rent a car in Seattle to visit Tulalip during the Thanksgiving sales.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to get from Vancouver DT to Victoria DT? I've seen information on Pacific Coach Lines' buses running that route.

2. Getting from Victoria DT to Seattle DT?

3. We'll most probably fly back from SEA but just in case we fly back from YVR, we'll take the Quick shuttle from seattle to YVR.

I'll copy this thread in Western US section as well.

Any other suggestion/recommendations/opinions welcome!

Thanks.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
We are booked in Worldmark (WM) Vancouver, WM Victoria and WM Seattle (Camlin) in Nov 2012 - one week each except 2 weeks in Seattle. We will not have a car with us but may rent a car in Seattle to visit Tulalip during the Thanksgiving sales.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to get from Vancouver DT to Victoria DT? I've seen information on Pacific Coach Lines' buses running that route.
Pacific Coach is your best option. Taking a car on the ferry is very expensive and you won't need a car in either Vanc or Victoria so this is a good option. The staff at both resorts are well versed in transportation options and can help you with bus or rental cars for day trips. I think the Pacific Coach stops right in front of the WM Victoria, but call the resort and they will be able to give you the best options. There are also plane connections that land in the Inner Harbor at Victoria; you will watch them come and go all day from the Victoria resort.

2. Getting from Victoria DT to Seattle DT? The Victoria Clipper which leaves from the Inner Harbor in Victoria and lands at the north end of downtown Seattle. The latter is a short cab ride to the Camlin (WM Seattle); you could walk it but it's a long walk with gear so take a cab. Option B is to fly via Kenmore Air. These also leave from the Inner Harbor and land on Lake Union in downtown Seattle. Another cab ride to the Camlin. Note that Alaska air flies into Victoria airport which is about 20 miles out of town and lands at Seatac. This is doable but the logistics are much harder and not worth it; for your destinations, stick with Kenmore.

3. We'll most probably fly back from SEA but just in case we fly back from YVR, we'll take the Quick shuttle from seattle to YVR.

I'll copy this thread in Western US section as well.

Any other suggestion/recommendations/opinions welcome!

Thanks.

My answers in blue above.
Sue

aptiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a tight time frame== from Seattle (Camlin) we took the Clipper over to Victoria for a day trip.
Then the TRAIN from Seattle to Vancouver (Rosedale on Robson) for a few days, before flying home..to Toronto

Last edited:

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
harbour air for vancouver dt to victoria dt

They post last minute discount flights for weekend departures every Thursday at 5pm for that weekend. Flights as low as $45 one way, may be cheaper and definitely faster than pacific coach.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going from Vancouver airport to Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. Then we are going back to downtown Vancouver. I was not aware of this bus option. Should we rent a car from downtown Victoria and return it there? We were planning on renting it at Vancouver airport but then we are paying to ferry it back and forth. We won't need the car once we return to Vancouver.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
We are going from Vancouver airport to Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. Then we are going back to downtown Vancouver. I was not aware of this bus option. Should we rent a car from downtown Victoria and return it there? We were planning on renting it at Vancouver airport but then we are paying to ferry it back and forth. We won't need the car once we return to Vancouver.

There's another thread that talked about getting to Nanaimo without a car, I'll see if I can find it.

Victoria is not on the way to Nanoose Bay. The latter is NW of the airport while Victoria is SW. 2 different ferry routes. It makes a lot of sense for Victoria where you don't necessarily need a car. For Nanoose Bay, not so much. I'd rent a car at the airport.

Sue

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help
On a tight time frame== from Seattle (Camlin) we took the Clipper over to Victoria for a day trip.
Then the TRAIN from Seattle to Vancouver (Rosedale on Robson) for a few days, before flying home..to Toronto

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
They post last minute discount flights for weekend departures every Thursday at 5pm for that weekend. Flights as low as $45 one way, may be cheaper and definitely faster than pacific coach.

Thanks - this is certainly an option we'll look into. I love TUGGERS!

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a float plane from Nanaimo to Vancouver and back. The flight and view was incredible. I believe it was harbour air. You could then rent right out of Nanaimo to Nanoose Bay. For the extra cost compared to the ferry, it was worth it!

Nanoose Bay is on my radar for a solo trip....sans kids and wife! Golf, reading and sleeping! They have dates in RCI all the way out to Jan. 2014!!!