• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancellation

ojyl

Reaction score
Hi! I expressed mail my rescind letter to the address stated in the contract a few days ago. I also tracked it and it says that someone has already received it. I'm just wondering if i should be worried that no one has contacted me yet regarding the cancellation of my newly purchased time share. Or should i be the one initiating the call? Thanks for the help!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
CHILL OUT!

Usually, you will hear from NO ONE ... it is just like you were a looker in a store and then you walked out without buying anything. No one comes out the door to chase you down the sidewalk.

And if you do see a strange number from the resort area - simply do NOT ANSWER IT ... no good will come out of it as it is the salesperson trying to save their commission by convincing you to KEEP THIS OVER PRICE timeshare purchase.

The rescind staff in Orlando has their only job as being a bookkeeper to LEGALLY restore the records of ownership (you not owning) and refund the money to you and STOP commission payments to the salesperson(s). Just look for your refund on your credit card (it might not have even been charged).

Keep reading here .. lots of very good info on TUG!

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I expressed mail my rescind letter to the address stated in the contract a few days ago. I also tracked it and it says that someone has already received it. I'm just wondering if i should be worried that no one has contacted me yet regarding the cancellation of my newly purchased time share. Or should i be the one initiating the call? Thanks for the help!

Hi, Ojyl, welcome to TUG :)

Do keep in mind that you are the only one with any feeling of urgency about reversing this transaction. The sales person has lost a commission and the secretary processing the papers is just having another normal day.

They don't have anyone in charge of calling people to confirm recessions. I guess they don't want to pay someone to confirm that they lost some money.

If you talk with sales, they will try to save their income, not your wallet. If you talk to the paper shufflers, you will be just interrupting their process. You have confirmation that they know what you want from your recession letter, so please try to let it go now for a month at least.

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have successfully rescinded from Wyndham four times - I'm a sucker for free breakfasts, $100 gift cards, and silver-tongued Wyndham salespeople. As long as your rescission letter was post-marked within the time-frame stated on your contract, you are home free. Express mail not needed - it's the post mark that's important. I've used "certified mail-return receipt requested" for added reassurance.