• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham!

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Getting really tired of their push to have everyone transferred from Interval International to RCI.

First we received a letter giving us a short amount of time to respond if we wanted to stay with Interval. Now we are receiving calls asking us to confirm what we have already sent to them in writing! Luckily we keep our phone on do not disturb but this call was annoying enough that I called back and left a message affirming our decision and asking not to be troubled with this again.

Are others now receiving these calls or are we just special?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The purpose of these calls is to FORCE you (by being a Royal PIA and constant REQUIRED requests to confirm your intentions) to be moved to RCI ... a better profit center (no doubt) and one less Wyndham computer to exchange company interface they must maintain.

Plus, they own RCI.

Some Wyndham owners (and former owners) would love to be able to COST Wyndham thousands of $$ per year to support an interface for a few ....

And personally, I wish I had an II exchange relationship thru Wyndham ...

PS Wyndham may own II, too .... not sure.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No calls from Wyndham yet.

The purpose of these calls is to FORCE you (by being a Royal PIA and constant REQUIRED requests to confirm your intentions) to be moved to RCI ... a better profit center (no doubt) and one less Wyndham computer to exchange company interface they must maintain.

Plus, they own RCI.

Hadn't thought about the extra cost to Wyndham of running the interface. I suspect the main thing is the exchange fees they are losing when owners exchange through II. I believe the main reason for Wyndham's recent lowering the number of points needed for exchanges is to encourage Wyndham owners to exchange (through RCI) vs booking with Wyndham. The latter doesn't generate any extra income for Wyndham.

Never heard any rumors or other information about Wyndham owning II. I wonder if Wyndham might have thought of buying II as an approach they could take instead of harassing Wyndham/II traders.
[/QUOTE]

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus, they own RCI.

Some Wyndham owners (and former owners) would love to be able to COST Wyndham thousands of $$ per year to support an interface for a few ....

And personally, I wish I had an II exchange relationship thru Wyndham ...

Wyndham has never owned II.

Interval International

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interval International

Interval International logo.jpg

Type
Public

Traded as
NASDAQ: IILG

Industry
Hospitality

Founded

Headquarters
Miami, Florida U.S.

Key people
Craig Nash (Chairman, CEO)

Employees
5,000 (2012)

Parent
Interval Leisure Group

Website
www.intervalworld.com

Interval Leisure Group, Inc., or ILG, is a global publicly traded company and former subsidiary of the corporation IAC/InterActiveCorp. ILG is the parent company of Interval International, a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry. ILG consists of two operating segments: membership and exchange. ILG's principal business segment offers travel and leisure related products and services to owners of vacation interests and others primarily through various membership programs, as well as related services to resort developer clients. As of December 31, 2012, nearly 2,800 resorts located in over 75 countries participated in Interval's primary exchange network. As of that date, the Membership and Exchange segment had approximately two million members enrolled in its various membership programs including approximately 1.8 million in the Interval Network. The biggest competitors for Interval are RCI, Dial An Exchange (DAE) and Platinum Interchange. Interval is the second largest timeshare exchange company after RCI and Dial An Exchange (DAE).

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham has never owned II. ...

However, comma, both were part of Cendant Corporation at one time.

http://insidethegate.com/about-timeshare/history/

Very briefly and spun off during a merger and divestiture

When CUC and HFS merged in 1996, forming Cendant Corporation, anti-trust concerns were raised because both of the major exchange companies resided under the same corporate umbrella. To mitigate those concerns, Interval International was sold in December of 1997 to an investment group formed and controlled by Chicago-based investment partnership Willis Stein & Partners, L.P., a group of II’s senior executives and a consortium of hospitality firms consisting of Carlson Companies, Inc. Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. and Marriott Ownership Resorts, Inc.