• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

website not available

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just on the Wyndham website checking on a reservation and suddenly it went down saying it was not available and to check back later. I remember seeing a message that it would be down - does anyone know the schedule as to how long it will be unavailable? Thanks!
msp

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was just on the Wyndham website checking on a reservation and suddenly it went down saying it was not available and to check back later. I remember seeing a message that it would be down - does anyone know the schedule as to how long it will be unavailable? Thanks!
msp

They are supposed to be back up at 9am ET tomorrow.

Who does maintenance at noon on a Wednesday? Never in my 30+ years in IT have we scheduled outages during the day. :ponder:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the animal called, "The Residence Club"?

I recognize the other faces on the "this page temporarily unavailable" cover page.

Marcia3641

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Who does maintenance at noon on a Wednesday? Never in my 30+ years in IT have we scheduled outages during the day. :ponder:

I've never heard of that either.:doh::doh::confused::confused: Thank goodness I logged in at 5AM this mornign so that I can place an RCI unit on hold.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I jumped on early this morning too and snagged a couple of rooms at Wyndham Anaheim for the Rose Bowl.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

I found it particularly odd, given that they'll have the annual "End of year processing" shutdown in a couple of weeks....

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

In my 30+ years we have scheduled them during the day if we expect them to take more than 12 hours, you kinda have no choice. my guess is Wednesday is their slowest day. At least there was notice posted on the site, well in advance. I also received an e-mail warning about it. There was also a banner at the top of the page. If your site is up 7 days a week 7am to 11pm (an 8 hour window), any long maintenance is going to interfere with normal hours.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Residence Club

I recognize the other faces on the "this page temporarily unavailable" cover page.

Four (Three) Worldmark properties were also sold as 4 Week Fractional's under the name The Residence Club, the last one was South Shore at Zephyr Cove, the program was discontinued, they started selling the unsold units as WMVO. Currently South Shore has RC, WM and WVO Units, we actually stayed in a Residence Club Unit the last time we were there on WM Points, basic difference granite and Ceramic Tile in the showers as opposed to Fiberglass molded shower enclosures.

The usage rotates by one week each year so you get week 1, 14,27,40 then the next year 2,15,28,41. . . . until your first quarter week is 13 and it starts over. There is a provision that you can turn your interval in for the equivalent points that a comparable size/season week would cost, if you want to book at another Worldmark Resort

The entire Wyndham Website is unavailable right now, but there is a link to The Residence Club on the Worldmark Home Page normally.

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/maintenancepage/index.html

The Fractional Locations are

Seaside
Southshore
Depot Bay
and I swore the was a fourth, but since all of the Wyndham sites are down I can't look it up

The RC Site is still up, there are only three

https://www.residenceclubownership.com/resClub/secure/login.do

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=42073

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember, this is going to be going on TODAY & TOMORROW!

I truly dislike this stuff late in the year and this much down time ... I smell improvements and it could become a very bad stink.

Yes, I may be a bit negative .... but it comes with years of experience with Wyndham and its fine management style.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
It usually hurts every time they "enhance" something

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Currious, think it has anything to do with the 15 day window right around the Christmas and New Years holiday?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've never seen "Residence Club" listed before with the Wyndham brands either. Perhaps this is something new for Wyndham?

Cynthia T. :)

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham site schedule

Thanks! Just the info I need!

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is like the ultimate hustle for the holidays. Shut down the website on the 15 day cutoff on Christmas. So for any one that needs to cancel for the 25th or 26th Checkin dates they have to call in. We can't see what rooms just opened. So lets take those rooms, sell them on Extra Vacations. Force people to deposit to RCI for those EOY points.

Just my conspiracy theory.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never seen "Residence Club" listed before with the Wyndham brands either. Perhaps this is something new for Wyndham?

Cynthia T. :)

See post 8, it's a different ownership model of three Worldmark properties, that Wyndham discontinued selling before all of the units designated at Southshore were sold out

Residence Club Website (If I recall right, all reservation transactions, ie depositing weeks for points, need to be done on the phone)

https://www.residenceclubownership.c...ecure/login.do

Ad for a resale Fractional

tp://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewto...p?f=71&t=42073

NO its not a another new way for Wyndham to try to reduce the value of resale.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Just the info I need!

This was the latest message on the WM site:

"Upcoming Scheduled System Maintenance

On Dec. 10 & 11 WorldMark by Wyndham®systems will undergo scheduled maintenance. This will begin at 10 a.m. PT on Wednesday, Dec. 10. During this time reservation and financial systems will be unavailable and your Vacation Planning Center will be closed. Normal business operations will resume on Thursday, Dec. 11. We apologize for the interruption. Thank you for your understanding."
(Emphases added.)

I think they are not sure when they will be done.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The Wyndham site is back up and appears to be functioning normally this morning.

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
lost an upgrade

The reason I was asking about the downtime of the wyndham website is that I was on there checking for an upgrade of a reservation I have for New Year's Eve. There was finally one showing up and as I was about to "click" to get it, the website went down! I decided to check first thing this morning (7:15 am) in case the website was back up, and it was! But, guess what -- no upgrade available! It's certainly possible that it was picked up between 7:00 and 7:15, but I really think Wyndham snatched anything available to put on EH. Very frustrating!

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
me again

The reason I was asking about the downtime of the wyndham website is that I was on there checking for an upgrade of a reservation I have for New Year's Eve. There was finally one showing up and as I was about to "click" to get it, the website went down! I decided to check first thing this morning (7:15 am) in case the website was back up, and it was! But, guess what -- no upgrade available! It's certainly possible that it was picked up between 7:00 and 7:15, but I really think Wyndham snatched anything available to put on EH. Very frustrating!

I think I just confirmed my suspicion. I checked EH and there is no availability except for 2BR -- which could have been my upgrade!! Arghhhh!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I just confirmed my suspicion. I checked EH and there is no availability except for 2BR -- which could have been my upgrade!! Arghhhh!

doubt it. It would have been picked up at 7:00.01 am.