• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Worldmark exchange question

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess this is now called Wyndham Club pass and I am curious if it makes it any easier to get into resorts that were Worldmark resorts but were listed in the Wyndham directory as associate resorts (and you could see availability online). We would like to go to West Yellowstone in the fall of 2016. In the past when I checked online it was nearly impossible to get a reservation at this resort (and now we have to call). I would not mind paying the exchange fee if it makes it easier to get into such places as Estes Park and Yellowstone. Does anyone have any experience or information that would let us know if this program actually makes it easier to book into WM resorts.

I did notice we have to use Developer purchased points. There are only a few times where we would like to use the WM resorts, which is why I ended up selling my WM membership I bought on the resale market. I guess the silver lining for the two times we bought retail (before I ever heard of TUG) is we could use those points for the Club pass program providing there is any real benefit to it. If it is no easier than before to book then it is just another way for Wyndham to collect more fees.

I am a pretty analytical person, an account by degree, and I almost feel like I need that kind of training to plan Wyndham vacations. I am working on a 10 year spreadsheet and I have to think about how to use my pool points without taking away the advantage of club access points and now I need to consider how I will treat my retail and resale points. I am beginning to see why the WM system seems to go for more on the resale market, it is just an easier less costly system to use. For me Wyndham works better because of where they have resorts and my hope is the Club pass actually does make it a little easier to book WM for the very few times I will use it.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Club Pass you can book up to 9 months in advance of your arrival date. WorldMark West Yellowstone books almost full at the 13 month point for prime time arrivals. Your chances of booking WorldMark West Yellowstone with Club Pass are slim unless you want to go in the winter.

Estes Park is slightly easier but it would still be unlikely to be able book it at the 9 month point for summertime.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
The difference: Before, you had access to a couple units at each resort so you had to be quick to book them. Now, you have access to any demand that is left at 9 months out and you pay more. Worldmark owners can book less than a week at 10 months and will start to change their booking patterns to take Club pass into account to make sure they get the reservations they want. The high demand resorts like Yellowstone won't be available at 9 months except in the off season. Currently, 9 months out is early Sept and Yellowstone is mostly booked out from May through the beginning of Oct. Estes Park is booked out for June through the end of August when kids start going back to school.

From the WM side, the real cost is the higher credit cost for the Club Pass exchange. So in addition to the $99 exchange fee, the credits costs can double or triple the cost over an exchange.

Financially, the best option is to either do an exchange via RCI/II etc or do a direct exchange with a WM owner.

Sue

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
And this is another reason why this forum is so great. I think there is a place on this forum for exchanges, I could be wrong. This forum is a great place to develop relationships with WM owners.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except the likelihood an RCI exchange will be available in prime season in high demand resorts is nil

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any theory as to why Club Wyndham or any of the big chains, other than WM, have not built near Yellowstone or any of the major parks (have they?)? Is it because it's a money-losing proposition? Then why is WM there? :ponder: