• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

best time to transfer points to rci?

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Hi,

i've noticed that the expiry date of rci points seem to vary. i.e. you don't always get 3 years from the time of transfer. e.g. i've transfered points in 2 different months and they get the same expiry date.

anybody know when the best time to transfer is to get the most longest expiration date on the points?

thanks

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
To save your Wyndham points at the end of the use year ....

Or to book something that you REALLY WANT during the current use year ... I can just book something thru the RCI Portal and it will suck the points out of my Wyndham account (may be a VIP level something priviledge).

I just have to remember which account has RCI Points in addition to RCI Weeks inventory.

PS.. No points left in current Use Year? Just borrow some points for a Wyndham reservation inside of 10 months from the next use year OR rent the points. Then cancel the reservation and book your RCI vacation. Do it all the SAME DAY and use just one RT (if you are worrying about such things).

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Hi,

i've noticed that the expiry date of rci points seem to vary. i.e. you don't always get 3 years from the time of transfer. e.g. i've transfered points in 2 different months and they get the same expiry date.

anybody know when the best time to transfer is to get the most longest expiration date on the points?

thanks
Nevermind...

Xcalibur

Reaction score
to clarify... i've got points that expire this year so I want to transfer them over to RCI... hence the transfering points to RCI question. currently, on my system, it shows the my current points expire dec 2016. this is for all the points and i've done transfers at different times of the year...

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the longest window of time in which to use Wyndham points deposited to RCI you need to know the anniversary date of your RCI account.

Thansfer shortly AFTER an anniversary date.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
For the longest window of time in which to use Wyndham points deposited to RCI you need to know the anniversary date of your RCI account.

Thansfer shortly AFTER an anniversary date.

So just call right to find that out? Weeks or points account?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
to clarify... i've got points that expire this year so I want to transfer them over to RCI... hence the transfering points to RCI question. currently, on my system, it shows the my current points expire dec 2016. this is for all the points and i've done transfers at different times of the year...
I'm a little confused here.

Are you saying that all your Wyndham points IN RCI expire 12/2016?

Or are you saying all your points in your Wyndham account (which you are trying to save) expire 12/2016?

Xcalibur

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here.

Are you saying that all your Wyndham points IN RCI expire 12/2016?

Or are you saying all your points in your Wyndham account (which you are trying to save) expire 12/2016?

i had previously transfered points from wyndham to rci. those expire in 2016. i have wyndham points that expire this year... I will be transfering those too and want to ensure i get the most bang for my buck, expiration date wise.

I'd say we overbought in points as we like to vacation in non-wyndham ways as well...

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
By policy, you are only supposed to get two years from the date of deposit. By mechanism, you get at least two years, and as much as just under three.

This is the key to understanding what is going on:
you need to know the anniversary date of your RCI account.

My anniversary is 1/1. So, when I deposit points, they expire on the third "December 31st" from the date of deposit. So, if I deposit my 2015 points today, they would expire 12/31/16---the three 31sts are 12/31/14, 12/31/15, and 12/31/16. However, if I deposit them in January 2015, they would expire 12/31/17---after 12/31/15, 12/31/16, and 12/31/17.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have Wyndham points in RCI that expire January 2017. They were deposited a few months ago. What you see on the main page isn't necessarily the actual expiration date (mine always shows 2 years from the current date.) If you click on the points details link you may see a different date.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
I have Wyndham points in RCI that expire January 2017. They were deposited a few months ago. What you see on the main page isn't necessarily the actual expiration date (mine always shows 2 years from the current date.) If you click on the points details link you may see a different date.

hmmm... i tried clicking on the dates but nothing happened for me. nothing seems clickable on my member details/ points screen on the rci website from wyndham

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The first RCI page I see when I leave the Wyndham site shows "My Account" on the left side. At the bottom of that section I have "View Points Details / Edit Account". When I click "View Points Details" it takes me to another page showing Member Details with RCI Reservation Window... below that it shows points that expire in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
To save your Wyndham points at the end of the use year ....

Or to book something that you REALLY WANT during the current use year ... I can just book something thru the RCI Portal and it will suck the points out of my Wyndham account (may be a VIP level something priviledge).

I do think this is a VIP benefit. When I browse RCI all I See if "Insufficient Points Balance" and no way to book a reservation. I have plenty of points in my Wyndham account but none that have been transferred to RCI. Can anyone else confirm?

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
By policy, you are only supposed to get two years from the date of deposit. By mechanism, you get at least two years, and as much as just under three.

This is the key to understanding what is going on:

My anniversary is 1/1. So, when I deposit points, they expire on the third "December 31st" from the date of deposit. So, if I deposit my 2015 points today, they would expire 12/31/16---the three 31sts are 12/31/14, 12/31/15, and 12/31/16. However, if I deposit them in January 2015, they would expire 12/31/17---after 12/31/15, 12/31/16, and 12/31/17.

How do you know your anniversary date?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do think this is a VIP benefit. When I browse RCI all I See if "Insufficient Points Balance" and no way to book a reservation. I have plenty of points in my Wyndham account but none that have been transferred to RCI. Can anyone else confirm?
Supposedly you can now call to ask a rep to hold reservation for you to give time to deposit points. Only for full week reservations, not shorter stays.