• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham ownership help [merged]

RACN22

Reaction score
My wife and I went to a presentation and bought a Wyndham vacation timeshare while in Branson. Got the smallest deal at 85,000 points plus got a bonus 216,000 points to get us to Silver VIP I believe. We thought of rescinding but had a sudden death in family. Missouri you have 5 days to rescind but didn't and now have to make the best of it. The phone numbers listed on the sheet of paper they gave us are about useless no one answers so I came here for help. So here goes.
We pay ours on the Wyndham card but will pay off in 6 months when interest starts but the MF fees are not on there? How are those paid?
Once we pay off will the only thing we owe be yearly MF fees?
We will receive 85,000 points yearly for life correct?
Said we had 2 years to use the 216,000 bonus points they gave us?
What is best way to book?
Any advice and help would be great.
Thanks Shawn :wall:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, gonna move your post down to the wyndham forum so other owners can chime in and get you the answers you need!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to a presentation and bought a Wyndham vacation timeshare while in Branson. Got the smallest deal at 85,000 points plus got a bonus 216,000 points to get us to Silver VIP I believe. We thought of rescinding but had a sudden death in family. Missouri you have 5 days to rescind but didn't and now have to make the best of it. The phone numbers listed on the sheet of paper they gave us are about useless no one answers so I came here for help. So here goes.
We pay ours on the Wyndham card but will pay off in 6 months when interest starts but the MF fees are not on there? How are those paid?
Once we pay off will the only thing we owe be yearly MF fees?
We will receive 85,000 points yearly for life correct?
Said we had 2 years to use the 216,000 bonus points they gave us?
What is HF fees and DVC mean?
What is best way to book?
Any advice and help would be great.
Thanks Shawn

Shawn,,
I would still try to rescind and include a copy of the funeral notice - esp if this was a Mother or Father or child or grandparent of either signer on the contract. And also if VERY sudden - heart attack, car accident, etc. And do this immediately .... and be very polite... but persistent and then persist some more.

Silver VIP is supposed to be 400,000 point level .. of course, Wyndham makes the rules and can bend the rules.

Good luck ... it might work out. :)

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to myclubwyndham.com and register your Wyndham account number associated with your contract.

You will be able to access and book reservations using your Wyndham points online. You will also be able to view your points, contract, annual HOA assessment, resort special, and financial information plus much more. There is even Wyndham tutorial to learn more about your points and membership usage. You can set up auto pay payments so you won't have a monthly billing charge fee that Wyndham adds on to your monthly payment with your monthly maintenance fee dues. You can due this under the category of financial statements

Make sure Wyndham sets up your RCI account which is already paid for with your Wyndham Program fee. You may at some point need to deposit or want to deposit points into RCI. Also, RCI has extra vacations for cash $ and they regularly have sales for discounted vacation promotions. RCI has Last Call so you can get weekly vacations for under $300 if you are flexible and can travel withing the next 90 days.

If you need more points in the future look at resale. You will save a ton of money that way and you will use your points the same way. Developer purchased points cost much more than what you can get on ebay or through TUG or even a timeshare resale broker.

Keep reading and Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

Resorts2Go

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry you are stuck on the Merry Go Round ... 85,000 points is not a lot to work with but it is the cheapest buy in. The MFs are typically paid monthly and drafted ... Check to see if you were charged an annual fee at closing. I think it would be good to pay a $35 fee to pool your 85,000 points ... Extends life to 3 yrs and you can do the same next year. Builds that account to 170,000 and gives you more potential for longer stays or larger rooms ... In the meantime use the 216,000 that will expire in either 24 months and learn the system. Pay $15 to join tug and learn details and be able to see user reviews. Don't be suckered into buying more retail points, but all resale (eBay, etc) link to your account and provide you with the number of points you will ultimately need ... Resale pts do not add up for VIP status but do carry the 13-month ARP rights. Once your on-line account set up, it works well and fairly easily. Come back to TUG and ask before each step and you will get valuable and money saving advice. Good luck and stay tuned on a regular basis .... And if you go on any more tours, updates or breakfast invitations, put in the time, learn more, say NO and take the gifts. This advice is from a Platinum owner who vacations 6-8?weeks a year and is about to retire.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What resort in Branson?

RACN22

Reaction score
What resort in Branson?

Not sure what resort in Branson. Sure its in all that paperwork we got. Just haven't had the time to go over it good yet.
Do we get the 85000 points every year is what we understood and can your points roll over to next year. Will be joining Tug soon. Thanks for all the help. There is a lot to absorb.

RACN22

Reaction score
Sorry you are stuck on the Merry Go Round ... 85,000 points is not a lot to work with but it is the cheapest buy in. The MFs are typically paid monthly and drafted ... Check to see if you were charged an annual fee at closing. I think it would be good to pay a $35 fee to pool your 85,000 points ... Extends life to 3 yrs and you can do the same next year. Builds that account to 170,000 and gives you more potential for longer stays or larger rooms ... In the meantime use the 216,000 that will expire in either 24 months and learn the system. Pay $15 to join tug and learn details and be able to see user reviews. Don't be suckered into buying more retail points, but all resale (eBay, etc) link to your account and provide you with the number of points you will ultimately need ... Resale pts do not add up for VIP status but do carry the 13-month ARP rights. Once your on-line account set up, it works well and fairly easily. Come back to TUG and ask before each step and you will get valuable and money saving advice. Good luck and stay tuned on a regular basis .... And if you go on any more tours, updates or breakfast invitations, put in the time, learn more, say NO and take the gifts. This advice is from a Platinum owner who vacations 6-8?weeks a year and is about to retire.

We typically only take couple weeks vacation a year with our schedule. We will mainly be using the resorts in Branson and Ozarks (Osage Beach). What is ARP rights?
Thanks so much for all the help.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what resort in Branson. Sure its in all that paperwork we got. Just haven't had the time to go over it good yet.
Do we get the 85000 points every year is what we understood and can your points roll over to next year. Will be joining Tug soon. Thanks for all the help. There is a lot to absorb.

It sounds like you aren't sure yet what you bought.
Read your contract and see if it's 85K points annually or every other year (odd or even).
Those are the usual options.

Points expire at the end of a use year. You can learn how to use the points pool to extend them, but that has to be done before the use year begins. You can also deposit them into RCI and get more life. That can be done during the use year. Learn about fees and transactions in the directory or here http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/.

It's unfortunate the death in the family coincided with this purchase. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can soon feel a bit better about owning Wyndham points. There's a little learning curve, but you'll be fine. Just get into your account at https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffr/index.do once that's open for you start poking around and visit all the links. Read the Directory they gave you too. When we first bought, I thought it was just a picturebook of the resorts, but it's a whole lot more than that.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm glad you found this resource and we can help you get the most out of your ownership. I'm sorry you didn't find it in time to rescind and buy resale instead, but don't worry lots of others started the same way.

Do you own any other timeshares? If you do, you may want to check to see if they are PIC eligible. Within 90 days of your retail/developer purchase, you should have the ability to "PIC" a week or two, depending upon number of points. The major benefit of that is that the PIC points are VIP-eligible points as well. Since you have a time limit (90 days) you want to check the details on that quickly.

ARP = Advance Reservation Priority. It gives you the ability to book at your home resort 13 months in advance of check-in time. Everyone else books at 10 months before check-in. Branson is usually pretty easy to book without ARP.

RACN22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm glad you found this resource and we can help you get the most out of your ownership. I'm sorry you didn't find it in time to rescind and buy resale instead, but don't worry lots of others started the same way.

Do you own any other timeshares? If you do, you may want to check to see if they are PIC eligible. Within 90 days of your retail/developer purchase, you should have the ability to "PIC" a week or two, depending upon number of points. The major benefit of that is that the PIC points are VIP-eligible points as well. Since you have a time limit (90 days) you want to check the details on that quickly.

ARP = Advance Reservation Priority. It gives you the ability to book at your home resort 13 months in advance of check-in time. Everyone else books at 10 months before check-in. Branson is usually pretty easy to book without ARP.

Rob this is our first timeshare purchase. Owning rental property at home is a lot less complicated. LOL Were going over all our contract paper work finally. What is the website we need to look up our points and book. Thanks again everyone.