• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At GL RM now, any questions?

rpennisi

Reaction score
GL suite is beautiful, cookie cutter same as NV.
Refused the "update", no pressure applied.
Ridiculous how far it is to the GL pool.
Pool complex for GB is moving along, probably needs a couple more months. Took a few pics, but will try to upload them next week when we get home.
Big disappointment is that Cafe Lago no longer has dinners each night with shows. Only opens at night for fIesta once a week..another change that copies NV.
Ron
PS Entry to that neighborhood behind the GM is blocked by a fence.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Are you in a villa or regular GL unit? I once read that they only had villa style units with the 1/2 bath and the Studio style unit for the lock-out. If all the units have the Studio (2 rooms separated by a bathroom), it would make it possible to split one of our weeks and stay for 2 weeks and still have 2 a separate living room for both sides.

Can you even see the ocean from the GL pool? Something in one of their FB ads mentioned it, but from looking at the Google Earth photos, it looks like it is surrounded by trees. The GL long skinny pool does not look as inviting as the huge MP one.

Have a great time. We are seriously looking at going there next year. I have been checking airfare lately to see when I can get best prices.

jeandz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grands Luxxe transportation

Will be at GL in Nov. One in our party has limited mobility walking long distances. How difficult to get a taxi into PDC. I think I read somewhere you need to go to Mayan Palace to get a taxi. Also someone mentioned a bus on the main highway but I assume that requires a long walk to the highway. Any insight you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks,
jeandz

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning for Grand Bliss in April. Can you tell if the new pool will have a food and beverage area? Is there a grocery/supply store for this resort on site? Looking forward to your pictures.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We are planning for Grand Bliss in April. Can you tell if the new pool will have a food and beverage area? Is there a grocery/supply store for this resort on site? Looking forward to your pictures.

I'm sure it will. They do not miss opportunities to serve you at the pool as those are money makers! ;) There is a small grocery onsite. There is a thread about the new GB pool with a photo. It shows something similar to a restaurant.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Are you in a villa or regular GL unit? I once read that they only had villa style units with the 1/2 bath and the Studio style unit for the lock-out. If all the units have the Studio (2 rooms separated by a bathroom), it would make it possible to split one of our weeks and stay for 2 weeks and still have 2 a separate living room for both sides.

Can you even see the ocean from the GL pool? Something in one of their FB ads mentioned it, but from looking at the Google Earth photos, it looks like it is surrounded by trees. The GL long skinny pool does not look as inviting as the huge MP one.

Have a great time. We are seriously looking at going there next year. I have been checking airfare lately to see when I can get best prices.

We are in a unit that has 1 1/2 bathrooms and there is a door in the living room that must be to the lockout, so your plan to split should work here.

We are hanging out at the MP area so far under a palapa near their pool.
The GL pool long and narrow has no view to the ocean.

In fact getting to it from the GL buildings is very indirect, you have to take the road behind the MP to get there. I don't know how long that will last as they appear to be building raised wooden walkways from the MP to the area between the GL and the skinny pool. They run fairly frequent shuttles around the narrow roadways, so narrow that they have to backup for oncoming traffic. Roadway construction not one of their fortes.

The long and winding raised wood pathways that now weave throughout NV seem to be sprouting up here in RM as well, at least between the MP and GL.

Couple of other changes:
They have built 2 long piers for boat docking on the MP beach close to the new GB beach.
They have installed a breakwater along the beach about a hundred yards out (large bags of I guess sand) looking like what they had along the beach south of the MP, and although still not easy to get into the ocean, there are some openings in the rock (coral reef?) to get in. Never saw so many people in the ocean. First time for me since 2003 when I skinned my back on the rock!:bawl:
Ron

rpennisi

Reaction score

The grocery, deli on the bottom floor of the main building west of the MP pools is pretty good. I was wondering whether this would last after the change to an overpriced market built in NV this past year.

I am sure Phyllis is correct about a restaurant being built with the GB pools...there are some larger structures going up.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Will be at GL in Nov. One in our party has limited mobility walking long distances. How difficult to get a taxi into PDC. I think I read somewhere you need to go to Mayan Palace to get a taxi. Also someone mentioned a bus on the main highway but I assume that requires a long walk to the highway. Any insight you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks,
jeandz

You are correct about having to go to the MP lobby building for taxis. Their narrow roadways to the GL couldn't make the trip. You will have to be shuttled over to there. I would forget about the highway bus exit...definitely a long walk and a dangerous crossover.

There is a shuttle that they run to PDC several times a day for 50 pesos per person each way.

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score

Phyllis,
We stayed in a lock off at the GL and there was a living room that was separated from the bedroom by the bathroom.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have the Grand Luxxe Spa units opened yet?

rpennisi

Reaction score
The Spa units are open GL bldg 3 since November, spa building still to be built.

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi Phyllis,
There actually are a couple of views of the ocean from the GL pool, but they are narrow. On the other hand, there are lots of "nooks" just off the pool in the sand with a variety of seating that have more of an ocean view.
Ron

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Why don't you join TUG?

Rich:)

lshpak

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in a unit that has 1 1/2 bathrooms and there is a door in the living room that must be to the lockout, so your plan to split should work here.

We are hanging out at the MP area so far under a palapa near their pool.
The GL pool long and narrow has no view to the ocean.

In fact getting to it from the GL buildings is very indirect, you have to take the road behind the MP to get there. I don't know how long that will last as they appear to be building raised wooden walkways from the MP to the area between the GL and the skinny pool. They run fairly frequent shuttles around the narrow roadways, so narrow that they have to backup for oncoming traffic. Roadway construction not one of their fortes.

The long and winding raised wood pathways that now weave throughout NV seem to be sprouting up here in RM as well, at least between the MP and GL.

Couple of other changes:
They have built 2 long piers for boat docking on the MP beach close to the new GB beach.
They have installed a breakwater along the beach about a hundred yards out (large bags of I guess sand) looking like what they had along the beach south of the MP, and although still not easy to get into the ocean, there are some openings in the rock (coral reef?) to get in. Never saw so many people in the ocean. First time for me since 2003 when I skinned my back on the rock!:bawl:
Ron

So does it look like this beach can be swim able?

rpennisi

Reaction score
So does it look like this beach can be swim able?

Yes it is. However, the big bag breakwater that they put out there knocks all the wave action out, and it makes the enclosed area more like a big pond. The dead coral still has to be respected. Best way in, I found, was in and out along one of the new docks.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks Ron - the pictures are great and the pool is in a perfect location.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If I will be staying at GM will I be able to use grand bliss pool?

Probably not - at least that is how it works in Nuevo. Higher levels can use the pools at the levels below them - MP, GM & GB folks cannot use the Grand Luxxe pools, but Grand Luxxe folks can use any pool. At Riviera Maya, the MP/Regency/Bliss folks cannot use the GM or GL pools and since GB is the next level up from GM, my guess is that only Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe folks can use this new pool.

Acapulco seems to be the only resort that shares pools.

blackjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am set to go to Grand Luxxe RM in late November on an exchange and I have a few questions.

Is there a Nespresso machine in the 2 bedroom units?

Are there still a lot of construction going on? If so, if I can even request, which buildings should I request for and which ones should I definitely avoid. Mostly for noise since I will be traveling with a toddler. She is a very light sleeper.

Are they still offering European meal plans now? I had heard they stopped but they said they may have it later on.

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks again in advance for your time!

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am set to go to Grand Luxxe RM in late November on an exchange and I have a few questions.

Is there a Nespresso machine in the 2 bedroom units?

Are there still a lot of construction going on? If so, if I can even request, which buildings should I request for and which ones should I definitely avoid. Mostly for noise since I will be traveling with a toddler. She is a very light sleeper.

Are they still offering European meal plans now? I had heard they stopped but they said they may have it later on.

Anything else I should be aware of? ..........

Building 2 was very quiet end of August. The suites had the espresso machines.
Ron

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yes GL has a nespresso machine. It was available BOTH on the 1 BR side of the LO and also on the studio side. They do charge for the pods however, so bring yourself a supply of pods if you want to make good use without being nickled and dimed to death.

I had 2 units booked earlier this year at GL. The 2 BR and the 1 BR. So I had to full unit (1 BR & studio) and then another 1 BR for the same trip.

The studio side only has a tiny bar fridge, and a coffee nespresso machine. No other items for a kitchen. The 1 BR side has a cooktop and a microwave but NO oven. There are two tiny patios for the studio side one off the living area, and 1 off the bedroom. The big patio with plunge pool is only available on the 1 BR side and runs the length of the entire unit (living room and BR combined.)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Do they have regular coffee makers? We are not fans of fancy coffees with all the cream, foam, or syrups, or really strong coffee. We just like regular coffee in the morning. We will be at GL in Nuevo in November. I always pack coffee filters, but do I need to pack some K-cups?