• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Ridge PR vs. King Cotton PR

wilson14

Reaction score
I am taking a trip to Edisto Island the first week of April. We currently have two nights booked in a 3 bedroom presidential reserve suite at King Cotton Villas and two nights booked in a 4 bedroom presidential at Ocean Ridge. Does anyone know which of the two is better? Some of the online reviews of Ocean Ridge are mixed and I have the option to book the four total nights at King Cotton if need be. The 4th bedroom really doesn't matter to us, I just want the unit to be nice.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am taking a trip to Edisto Island the first week of April. We currently have two nights booked in a 3 bedroom presidential reserve suite at King Cotton Villas and two nights booked in a 4 bedroom presidential at Ocean Ridge. Does anyone know which of the two is better? Some of the online reviews of Ocean Ridge are mixed and I have the option to book the four total nights at King Cotton if need be. The 4th bedroom really doesn't matter to us, I just want the unit to be nice.

The mixed reviews are from the older sections of the resorts. The 4 BR Presidential units are at Southpoint, which is a newer section. They are nice. The locations are different. The King Cotton Villas are by the golf course. Southpoint is a few blocks from the beach. We tend to like to try different units to get a feel for them. On the other hand, if you would rather not switch units, that is understandable. The KCV units are probably a bit nicer, but we enjoyed Southpoint and would not hesitate to stay there.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The layout for the SouthPoint units: Up one flight of stairs to go in the front door- Parking underneath on the ground level. So on the first floor (which is up one already) there was one King bedroom, the living room, dining room and kitchen. Up another flight of stairs were 2 more bedrooms, the fourth bedroom was up another flight of stairs. The porch overlooked a small pool and additional parking spaces. The unit itself was very nice. It was also a very short block and half to the beach. We were there in April of 2012. Virtually no traffic and beautiful near empty beach. If you are staying on the golf course it would be a fairly long bike ride or walk to the beach or a short car ride.

lcml11

Reaction score
We have seen both and stayed at the Wyndham. There is no comparison for us. The allegators, turtles, and other wildlife in and around the pounds make this by far the better pick. Let us know when you get back which you like better.

wilson14

Reaction score

The 3 bedroom presidential reserve at King Cotton was the best of the two units. It had a more homey feel to it and the quality of the unit blew the 4 bedroom at SouthPointe out of the water. The SouthPointe units need some renovations, starting with the bathrooms. Our refrigerator in the 4 bedroom had a broken piece inside and was too small for a unit that could sleep 14 people. You'd have to go to the grocery at least twice because these wouldn't fit all your food for an entire week. The master bedroom had a musty smell and the toliet constantly run. The balconies are not private at all and the furniture on them is ridiculous. Be prepared to see the sun in the morning because there are no blinds or shades on the big window. The headboards in the bedrooms on the second floors we're detached from the wall.

The SouthPointe units might have their own pool and are closer to the beach, but we would stay in King Cottob again if we went back. We went this month, so being close to the water didn't matter to us.