• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this shortcut to Wyndham Platinum Membership on the level?

barrySC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the following info from a website of Marc Thomas legitimate regarding a way to Wyndham Platinum Membership? It sounds too good to be true.

"No Maintenance Fees!

Would you like to stay at any and all of the Club Wyndham Resorts with Platinum VIP points discounts & upgrades and enjoy Presidential Reserve booking priority? All this without purchasing a timeshare and incurring the burdens of ownership such as mortgages, maintenance fees and special assessments. Well now you can! Let us show you a better way!

Key features of the WPV membership:

1.Wyndham VIP Platinum 50% discount on points used.
2.Unlimited FREE room upgrades
3.Wyndham Presidential Reserve priority.
4.FREE guest passes.
5.FREE RCI access to book last call and extra vacations.
6.Unlimited house keeping credits.
7.Lifetime membership that can be willed to your heirs.
8.No maintenance fees, special assessments or inactivity fees.
9.Excellent customer service.
10.No upfront fees charged to sell your existing timeshare.

One Time Purchase price for a lifetime membership:
250,000 Annual Platinum Points only $3,500
500,000 Annual Platinum Points only $6,500
1,000,000 Annual Platinum Points only $10,000"

lcml11

Reaction score
Is the following info from a website of Marc Thomas legitimate regarding a way to Wyndham Platinum Membership? It sounds too good to be true.

"No Maintenance Fees!

Would you like to stay at any and all of the Club Wyndham Resorts with Platinum VIP points discounts & upgrades and enjoy Presidential Reserve booking priority? All this without purchasing a timeshare and incurring the burdens of ownership such as mortgages, maintenance fees and special assessments. Well now you can! Let us show you a better way!

4.FREE guest passes.

Appears to be a club of some sort not formally associated with Wyndham. Buy at your own risk type of thing.

Off to a real bad start in my book. Note that it said 50 percent off of points used. I am a actual VIP Platinum Owner and I do not get that. I get 50 percent discount for reservations made under 60 days based on availability.

Also, I do not see any point per thousand points used that was indicated.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

"No Maintenance Fees!

4.FREE guest passes.

This question comes up from time to time. What you have to understand is that in addition to the upfront cost, if you want to use any points, you will have to buy them at $6.00/K. You are paying for the right to have access to a VIP/Presidential Reserve account that WinPointVIP has negotiated with a Platinum/PR owner. This does NOT do anything to your own personal Wyndham account.

Does it make sense? Consider how you would use it. If you're currently paying a lot of fees like HK, RT, guest certificates, etc. - I could see how it might pay you back pretty quickly. But if you already own Wyndham and are not VIP, you will need to figure out what you want to do with your owned points. (You'll quickly find you'd rather use the platinum account than your own to make any reservations, so why keep it?)

I have talked to the owner and understand his model. Another TUGGER is one of the sources for WinPointVIP's supply of points/platinum accounts. The biggest question is whether it is worth fronting that amount of money for VIP benefits that can be changed at any time by Wyndham.

lcml11

Reaction score
This question comes up from time to time. What you have to understand is that in addition to the upfront cost, if you want to use any points, you will have to buy them at $6.00/K. You are paying for the right to have access to a VIP/Presidential Reserve account that WinPointVIP has negotiated with a Platinum/PR owner. This does NOT do anything to your own personal Wyndham account.

Does it make sense? Consider how you would use it. If you're currently paying a lot of fees like HK, RT, guest certificates, etc. - I could see how it might pay you back pretty quickly. But if you already own Wyndham and are not VIP, you will need to figure out what you want to do with your owned points. (You'll quickly find you'd rather use the platinum account than your own to make any reservations, so why keep it?)

I have talked to the owner and understand his model. Another TUGGER is one of the sources for WinPointVIP's supply of points/platinum accounts. The biggest question is whether it is worth fronting that amount of money for VIP benefits that can be changed at any time by Wyndham.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1583891

If the goal is to get Wyndham Club Plus points at 6 dollars per 1,000 points, than according to other posters this can be done cheaper. If the goal is to get the VIP discounts with the lower point levels, at least one other poster has made reference to a $3 dollar per thousand rate with about $135 or so fee. Would be cheaper than a upfront fee then the points.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

That thread was about Marc Thomas. I believe he is just a channel for WinpointVIP. Mike Sullivan is the founder/CEO of WinpointVIP.

The bottom line is - this is not a path to get your own account Wyndham Platinum status. It is a path to gain access to others who have made their platinum accounts available because they have more points than they can use and are willing to let others have access to their account.

So - you are dependent upon WinpointVIP continuing to gain access to additional VIP accounts, dependent upon Wyndham not being able to limit access to online accounts by non-owners, etc. It is definitely not the same thing as a cheap path to personal VIP platinum. That subject has been discussed at length in multiple threads. As you research keep in mind that things that worked even a year ago are no longer available, so you want to focus on recent threads.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a much better deal to me. But how reputable is this service? What if they stop giving you the points after 1, 5, or 10 years? This seems to be for your lifetime and the membership can't be passed on to your kids.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a much better deal to me. But how reputable is this service? Why if they stop giving you the points after 1, 5, or 10 years? This seems to be for your lifetime and the membership can't be passed on to your kids.

I'm not sure how Mike plans to keep his service going forever. But I'm counting on him to outlive my wife and me. This service is my exit strategy. Mike is managing some of my points now and will get more as time goes on (and I get older). He has proven himself to me. I get my check every month, good as gold

lcml11

Reaction score
Sounds like a much better deal to me. But how reputable is this service? What if they stop giving you the points after 1, 5, or 10 years? This seems to be for your lifetime and the membership can't be passed on to your kids.

It is a business relationship. Calculate the payback period for the membership fee and what your expected usage is. See when it would break even. Anything else is bonus.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201144

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155632

Link one was particularly great information.

Last edited:

barrySC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for such a speedy reply.

Barry