• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation cancelled by a Wyndham owner?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a VC does a cancel/rebook for you, and loses the reservation, the caller should be fully aware of the risk. I would never expect Wyndham to do anything in that situation (except say 'sorry, you knew the risk').

I think I am the one who Jim is referring to that had fraud on my account. Someone called in and impersonated my father cancelling a reservation. After reviewing the tape, Wyndham reinstated my points (the least of my worries) and the resort offered a different room -- a bad situation was made as good as possible. The resort bent over backwards to make things as good as possible. But they still didn't take the room away from the person who fraudulently ended up with it.

What a nightmare mstoyanov, but I think that has to be an extremely rare situation (I sure hope so). The VC must have done something glaringly wrong. Wyndham just can't go around taking back confirmed reservations (I would have thought in any case).

Anyone who has owned at Wyndham and knows general information about you is able to fraudulently call in... I really don't think Wyndham's security on that is at all adequate. "Don't have your member number? no problem, how about your email address... and your zip code..." and you're off to the races. Tonight, for example, I had a VC who only had my name, address and phone number (and this was after I gave it to her 3 times, she kept noting it incorrectly). She then read my email address back to ME. Good thing it actually WAS me. I think Wyndham should implement a function that if a call in is made to change a reservation, you can opt to have a text sent. Anyway, this may not be as rare as we'd like to think it is.

Next thing you know, 17 different people will call in saying, "Hi, this is Ron... I'd like to cancel my 52 Mardi Gras Reservations please" at the 10 month mark.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Totally agree. Although for me they made the situation as right as they could, I could not impress upon them how inadequate their security is. They have no desire to improve it. You pick your battles and I knew I was going no where fast.

One question I asked was why don't you at least verify the secret question on the account (under 'Your Profile'). The answer: Too many owners complained because they couldn't remember, so they stopped doing that. Even checking that is weak, but better than nothing.

As far as it happening a lot, I don't think so. I haven't heard of anyone else that it has happened to. I suspect it was an inside job. The resort was very interested in what happened - they are the ones that provided a replacement room (not Wyndham). I suspect whoever checked into my room met the manager. Just guessing.

@mstoyanov - your story scares the bijeebees outta me - although again it sounds like they tried to work with you the best they could given the situation