• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Survey Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berkley2012

Reaction score
Hi, Im a professor at U.C. Berkeley doing a study to determine some statistics about timeshare owners. I would appreciate it if you read this that you could fill it out for me. I posted he seeing as how this may be more of the area where i could get the most use. If you have any questions before filling it out feel free to pm me.

[link deleted pending Admin. approval - DeniseM Moderator]

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm curious about why you did not use your professional email address to register, and is the name you registered with your real name?

I'm also curious about why your ISP is located [on the other side of the country?]

Please contact TUG owner Brian Rogers for permission to post your survery. - tug@tug2.net

Last edited:

berkley2012

Reaction score
I chose not to for security reasons, for the specific reason that anyone could send emails to my professional email. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are in Berkeley, how are you posting from [across the country?]

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see that you have reported my post. I have removed the name of the state of your ISP, since that seems to concern you.

If you are a legitimate researcher, please contact Brian Rogers and get permission to post your survey. We get a lot of shills and scammers here, and we prefer to err on the cautious side.

Last edited:

berkley2012

Reaction score
I believe you are exercising completely outside of your limits as a moderate and i will be reporting you to the tug owner. That is an invasion of privacy and it is remote access instruction. The fact that you would be so weary of a simple survey that is non objectionable and is no way hurting you or your website is outstanding to me. You have tarnished the reputation of this website and should be stripped of your account. You have an ethical responsibility that you must uphold and you have abolished that. I hope you will be weary in the future when you approach situations such as this. This is a free forum and not a place to badger users for what they post especially if its not in anyway objectionable material.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Me thinks he doth protest to much.... ;)

Please submit your credentials to Brian Rogers, and upon his approval, I will post a most humble apology in this thread.

You might want to look up the definition of "weary" while you are at it.

I also find it curious that a college professor at Berkeley spelled "Berkeley" wrong?

Last edited:

berkley2012

Reaction score
No need. If you could please just delete the thread I refuse to post or be a member on a forum with moderators such as yourself.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think I will. I think this thread would be a good one to keep for future reference.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After doing some research, I found that this poster originated from the Columbus, Ohio, area (Athens) but I can't find a timeshare related company in the area, so they may be new.

The survey seemed to be soliciting people who would pay to have their timeshare taken off their hands.

I am keeping the thread locked for 48 hours, so the OP can't delete their posts.

Be very careful with surveys on the internet!

BTW - Brian hasn't fired me! :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.