• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBAY woes ...

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be lovely to be able to vacation every week of the year!

Even though I really dont need another TS, Im STILL looking on ebay ...

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It CAN be addicting.
But for a less expensive addiction I suggest www.chess.com
It can keep you otherwise occupied, 24/7.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Then it would become just an every day kinda thing

Wouldnt it be lovely to be able to vacation every week of the year!

Even though I really dont need another TS, Im STILL looking on ebay ...

I do wish I had more time off from work for my pleasures, but I'm thankful to have my job and the time my employer gives me for my vacation indulgences.

I'm addicted and check in on eBay every day or two just to see what's out there....or to bid on something. :D

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Addicting

I just bought my second timeshare in 2 months off of ebay. It's just so easy and inexpensive. Literally clicking a few buttons and a timeshare showing up in your name a few weeks later for little money down.

The tricky part is finding a diamond in the rough. I think it's the thrill of the hunt that makes it so addicting.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If only they were as easy to get rid of as they are to acquire :)

Jim Ricks

theduffster

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought 2 from Ebay, each $1. I still like to look!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
My "dream prices" are out there (on ebay) these days.
Marriott platinum palm springs for $3000, Marriott lock-offs, platinum seasons, EOY are around $1,000, etc...
Actually, bought 3 TS during last 2 months.
So hard to resist still...
I am cooking heavily on dinner these days to avoid the auctions! Maybe I will be very fat by next year :D

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought my second timeshare in 2 months off of ebay. It's just so easy and inexpensive....

Until maintenance fees start rolling in like tidal waves! :annoyed:

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last one I picked up happened to be exactley what I have been looking for the past few months. It was a "buy it now" that happened to come up just minutes before I saw it.

The price was lower than I would have been willing to bid, and I didn't have to deal with the stress of watching it for a week and watching it get sniped at the last second. :whoopie:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did a B-I-N 2 weeks ago. The major resaler had it at $1,500, free closing & transfer, but did have to pay the MF2011 :)doh: had to anyway). Late Winter L/O week at my usual hideout and already converted to RCI Points.

Figuring it had a $100 Resort Transfer fee, so my first offer of $100 was grabbed by them.

Deals are to be had - MFs are forever.

Got to stay off eBAY!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

Even though I really dont need another TS, Im STILL looking on ebay
I know what you mean.

I no longer bid on any timeshares, but I still browse the listings to see some of what's out there to be had for next to nothing.

My major eBay problem is with horns. I need more of those like a moose needs a hat rack but I keep on putting in eBay bids anyway.

Fortunately my eBay horn bids are so low that I'm practically always outbid, sometimes instantly & more often at the final seconds when the snipers get going.

The way I figure it, the problem is not with eBay, the problem is with me. So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

beach_bumz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My watch list is 10 pages long! I love to watch the buying trends, and I also keep an eye on the ones I own to see what they're going for, if they're going at all!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Fun thread to read...nice to know it's not just me! :D

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free in 2010

You are very not alone, hundreds of TUGGERS out there just waiting for that grreat deal.:hysterical:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
im looking for a good SDO to buy ... nothing yet, but i look everyday!

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that there are others with the TS eBay affliction. After going through a nasty bout' of 'gotta have it', I've throttled back on the buying and want to think I've been cured. :whoopie: Instead I spend more time searching RCI weeks and points now, to use what I loaded up on. :doh:

However, when I do go through eBay listings it's more to keep my skills and familiarity with the various properties honed. Like a game, I go through 'the ashes' of completed listings to determine:
- why some went for what they did,
- why some didn't even get a bid,
- lookin for the hidden gems; and who stole an exceptional deal (I secretly hope they were TUGGERS), and
- what might be relisted again for an even better deal.

About once a week I'll run my eBay search for that 'secret gotta have PFD' TS that never comes up, just in case. :shrug: