• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Timeshare-Westin St. John Resort & Villas - Week 39

GROtimeshare

Reaction score
I'm giving away my timeshare because I haven't used the timeshare for several years. It is Week 39 (Gold Plus season and Annual fixed) and studio premium villa (max 4 people occupancy) in The Westin St. John Resort & Villas.
and there is 37,000 staroption and 10,000 starpoionts available.
Maintenance fee in Yr 2014 was about $1,500 and already paid and there is no past due fee. I'll use Legal Timeshare Transfers/Ready Legal (Lisa Short and Mary Pless) http://legaltimesharetransfers.com/
for title transfer and I'll pay for the fees.

I need to give it away within this week.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
ETA: Very generous offer. Thank you for thinking of Tuggers.

If anyone is thinking about this and want to use a law firm, I used the firm below when I sold my WSJ. They use www.timesharetitle.com I don't recall their fees and cannot access my info as I've put things into storage, but they handled the transaction seamlessly.

www.timesharetitle.com

Jayne A. C. Kellogg
Birch, de Jongh & Hindels, PLLC
Attorneys at Law
Poinsettia House at Bluebeard's Castle
1330 Estate Taarnebjerg
St. Thomas , Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: 340/774-1100 Ext. 6
Facsimile: 340/776-0342

Email (direct to Sender): jackellogg@bdhlawvi.com

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I'm giving away my timeshare because I haven't used the timeshare for several years. It is Week 39 (Gold Plus season and Annual fixed) and studio premium villa (max 4 people occupancy) in The Westin St. John Resort & Villas.
and there is 37,000 staroption and 10,000 starpoionts available.
Maintenance fee in Yr 2014 was about $1,500 and already paid and there is no past due fee. I'll use Legal Timeshare Transfers/Ready Legal (Lisa Short and Mary Pless) http://legaltimesharetransfers.com/
for title transfer and I'll pay for the fees.

I need to give it away within this week.
What is the Villa Number?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that in the [USVI], you have to use a law firm that is licensed to handle the transfer. LTT doesn't do [USVI] transfers.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Psst....USVI

And not 'foreign' - USVI is a US territory. {Denise must be over-stretched...} Many US-based transfer companies do work in USVI, but good to use someone with USVI experience.

GRO - the 10K Starpounts do not transfer with resale (not that it matters much). Also, the Staroptions will be increasing in 2015 - in case you were not aware. I think yours is going up to 44K SOs.

If you have deed in hand, and proof that property taxes are up-to-date, it could be a very simple transfer.

3411 is next to us - we are in 3410 (2Bd TH) for weeks 23-24.

The VGV HOA has been (was?) taking back VGV VOIs (TS weeks) - to prevent foreclosures) and then re-selling them. They did this twice - not sure if they are planning others. The WSJ thread on the SVO forum shows the prices they were re-selling for

You may want to add check-in day (Fri, Sat or Sun) as this is fixed as well as the week (and villa)

Very generous offer, but realistic to probably have to give away - someone gave away weeks 33-34 (studio iirc) on this forum a while back.

Not sure if you are aware - but there is a rental agency that rents villas at WSJ. I know this because 3411 is rented out by them for the weeks we are there. Not sure how popular week 39 is (it is low season) - but you could always inquire if you want to capture (at least in part) your MFs.

Good luck.

Last edited:

sugar apple

TUG Member
Reaction score
And not 'foreign' - USVI is a US territory. {Denise must be over-stretched...} Many US-based transfer companies do work in USVI, but good to use someone with USVI experience.

GRO - the 10K Starpounts do not transfer with resale (not that it matters much). Also, the Staroptions will be increasing in 2015 - in case you were not aware. I think yours is going up to 44K SOs.

If you have deed in hand, and proof that property taxes are up-to-date, it could be a very simple transfer.

3411 is next to us - we are in 3410 (2Bd TH) for weeks 23-24.

You may want to add check-in day (Fri, Sat or Sun) as this is fixed as well as the week (and villa)

Very generous offer, but realistic to probably have to give away - someone gave away weeks 33-34 (studio iirc) on this forum a while back.

Not sure if you are aware - but there is a rental agency that rents villas at WSJ. I know this because 3411 is rented out by them for the weeks we are there. Not sure how popular week 39 is (it is low season) - but you could always inquire if you want to capture (at least in part) your MFs.

Good luck.

I truly hope this isn't a :wall: question but how is it that the rental agency can rent his unit?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I truly hope this isn't a :wall: question but how is it that the rental agency can rent his unit?

It's simple - the owner authorizes the rental agency to advertise the unit and find a renter. When a renter has been found, the owner calls Starwood reservations and has them re-issue the confirmation in the renter's name. The renter take the confirmation to the front desk to check-in.

sugar apple

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's simple - the owner authorizes the rental agency to advertise the unit and find a renter. When a renter has been found, the owner calls Starwood reservations and has them re-issue the confirmation in the renter's name. The renter take the confirmation to the front desk to check-in.

I think I was confused because DavidnRobin said 3411 was rented when they were there but I just figured it out that during that time, someone else owns it. It was a :wall:question. LOL

Thanks anyway.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Perhaps I did not state correctly. There is (was) a couple that rent WSJ villas for Owners (and take a cut) - I met one of them last year (they live on StJ) and she was renting out 3411 during our weeks and had others for rent through-out the year. I kindly asked her to reinforce the no-smoking rules to their renters as one of them were smoking cigars. I think they are called St John Rentals. Effectively, they rent out villas for WSJ Owners - I do not know the details of how it works (process or cost), but they had quite a list on their website when I last checked.

Regardless - there are many rental companies - including one just for WSJ villas (but do not think it is active). I doubt if GRO is interested as it looks as if they want to get out. Besides, week 39 would be a hard rental (being very low season) - but the villas during high season weeks are quite popular and rent well - and maintain their resale value.

Contrary to most TSs - WSJ has value - but not as much for a week 39 studio. It is a great offer for someone who would plan to go every year (as we do).