• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Beach Week 26 at The Links Golf and Racquet Club

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
Great Week. July 4 for 2014. Myrtle Beach, SC. Two bedrooms with three baths. Resort has a shuttle to beach house during peak season.

Buyer pays closing and transfer fee.
Closing can be completed through Legal Timeshare Transfers for about $125 plus resort transfer fee of $32 according to the resort.

Also 2014 usage is available for mfs of $696 if buyer wants this year's usage.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like this unit gets 44TPU in RCI if deposited.

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No ocean view for the Links - it is east of business 17 in NMB.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Well it is in North Myrtle Beach. I guess e.bram will have to petition the town to change its name so only the houses and businesses that have an ocean view can be called N. Myrtle Beach. The rest of the town would have to go by North Myrtle.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the title is misleading. It should have read Myrtle Beach week rather than Beach week if that was the meaning. Deception is not a good way to begin a business transaction.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Legal Transfers can't do transfers in SC. Just had that problem with Hilton Head transfer.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
I am sorry that you think that the ad is misleading but I did not say oceanfront. Only a beach week. The ad states that the resort has a shuttle to the beach house. I grew up spending my entire summer vacations at Edisto Beach and my friends talked about going and staying at the beach. They did not specifying if it was a beachfront house or not. Just that it was a beach house. Just like this is a beach week. It is certainly not a mountain week!
It is just a shame that we cannot offer a good week for someone else to use without negative comments and accusations of being deceptive. I have been a member of Tug for years and I don't think I have a reputation of being deceptive. I am so sad to see the attacks and negative comments made on this board. :bawl:

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Icy dog. We just completed two last Fall in South Carolina with them. Was this recent?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
http://www.linksresort.com/

FWIW I don't feel the title of the ad is misleading. Just because a resort is not ocean front doesn't mean it's not at the beach.

However, if you wanted to change it you have 48 hrs to do so by clicking on "edit" then "go advanced."

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed - nothing deceptive about the ad. The name of the resort is right there. Anyone interested can look up the resort and see exactly where it's located.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with Becky. No need for the negative comments directed at someone willing to give away a great timeshare at the BEACH!!!

The entire area is called the beach, as is the Outer banks, Miami Beach, Atlantic City when I was growing up "we are going to the beach, Yeah!" Most other beach communities all have a variety of accommodations. Need I say more?:wall:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Icy dog. We just completed two last Fall in South Carolina with them. Was this recent?
Yes it started in October 2013 and it still has not closed.

As far as Beach Vacations we consider the Marriott Fairways a Shore Vacation even though you have to drive into and through Atlantic City to get to a beach. What's with the semantics? A vacation at the BEACH is awesome. Thanks to the OP for her generosity.

By the way, a vacation at Disney's Beach Club Villas is NOT a Beach Vacation even though the word Beach is in the resort's name,lol!

Last edited:

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This week can be handled by Legal Timeshare Traders. Checked today. They cannot do certain ones like Probate or Estate or Foreclosures and will tell you in advance if they cannot do it.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trying to figure out how to edit this post. We have decided after all to keep this unit in the family. We cannot use it for 2014 but a daughter wants to start using it in 2015.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trying to figure out how to edit this post. We have decided after all to keep this unit in the family. We cannot use it for 2014 but a daughter wants to start using it in 2015.

You can only edit back 48 hrs.

You don't really need to do that though because you have made the statement here so now everyone know it's no longer available.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Links

Hi

I would like to say that Becky would never mislead someone. I have done business with her in the past and she is one of the nicest people to work with. I was very fortunate to have been able to use the Bargain Deals and have a wonderful unit in SC transferred to me from her for just closing and transfer.

If you have any questions she is always available to answer them. I would do a transfer again with her.

Talk to her yourself and you will see why!

Cyn

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You should be able to rent it out this year out here on TUG if you want to. I rented a week 27 from another TUGGER on Edisto Island SC. Seems to be a great area for a summer vaca.

In fact, now that I look back at the thread I'm wondering why I didn't contact you with an interest in this? I love to vaca at the beach and the only unit I still own is in the Daytona area.