• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

50 days for Wyndham to process recorded deed

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I recently purchased a few more Kauai Beach Villa deeds, and it took Wyndham 50 days to process the recorded deed - ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They wanted to make sure you got your money's worth, that is $6.00 per day

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Realistically, how much work goes into that $299 fee?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Realistically, how much work goes into that $299 fee?

Less than 5 minutes. Change the owner info in the computer record, scan the deed, mail out the welcome letter, and notify RCI to send out their packet.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recently purchased a few more Kauai Beach Villa deeds, and it took Wyndham 50 days to process the recorded deed - ridiculous! :rolleyes:

That's pretty good; it took them almost 15 weeks for my last Smoky Mountains contract.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It used to be $29 ...

Just like Wyndham's Guest Certificates used to be $29.

Then the computer GC's went to $49 for about 30 days; then it jumped to $99.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's pretty good; it took them almost 15 weeks for my last Smoky Mountains contract.

Was that 15 weeks AFTER they received the recorded deed, or from the time you bought it?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was that 15 weeks AFTER they received the recorded deed, or from the time you bought it?

It was 15 weeks from the time they received the deed in Orlando.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was 15 weeks from the time they received the deed in Orlando.

That is crazy! Do they have one person processing all the deeds for the whole company?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
That is crazy! Do they have one person processing all the deeds for the whole company?
Don't be silly! :wave:
That one person handles the RESALE deeds :cheer:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
When in doubt....

Check. And check again.

Many times they have opened them under new member numbers. Despite repeated instructions to the contrary.

So anyone waiting on a transfer for a long time - it may already have happened, just not where you could see it. And getting the welcome letter in the mail may occur weeks after it's actually happened and would be accessible online.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check. And check again.

Many times they have opened them under new member numbers. Despite repeated instructions to the contrary.

So anyone waiting on a transfer for a long time - it may already have happened, just not where you could see it. And getting the welcome letter in the mail may occur weeks after it's actually happened and would be accessible online.

50 days is just one day over 7 weeks...which is actually pretty good. If you ask they tell you to expect 8-12 weeks...so they are actually working faster than usual

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I have 7 deeds and 7 different member numbers! :doh:

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Less than 5 minutes. Change the owner info in the computer record, scan the deed, mail out the welcome letter, and notify RCI to send out their packet.

Theres actually more to it than that. Not much more,,,but more.

They really do look at the deed..Ive had them rejected because of mistake made in the legal description.

They also check that the fees are paid up to date and they wont transfer anything into an account that is past due

And the transfer of ownership isnt even the important thing for most of us..Its the points symbolic of that ownership. They have to be taken away from the seller and credited to the buyers account

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
My father's account is finally just now seeing the points from his newest contract purchased in June. I am not sure when Wyndham received the deed, but this reseller is usually quite speedy so I'm sure Wyndham was the hold up.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But you arent a points owner, are you Denise. I thought these were weeks that you are buying

Yes - All weeks - no points, so I don't know if I should have one Acct. number or 7.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Wyndham hates resales!

Yes, that is true. Makes no sense, either. Some people don't want timeshare for eternity and need to sell. Wyndham still gets the maintenance fees, so why hassle? Just change the name and be done with it.