• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest time to cancel

Reaction score
I am trying to find out when is the latest time to cancel a reservation & get the points back as cancelled points. Let's say I have a reservation I want to cancel that starts on the 16th. My understanding is I have until 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on the 1st to cancel since that is 15 days before the reservation. Is that correct or not? I know I wouldn't wait that late at night to cancel, but I was just wanting some advice & past experiences with that.

Thank you so very much in advance!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out when is the latest time to cancel a reservation & get the points back as cancelled points. Let's say I have a reservation I want to cancel that starts on the 16th. My understanding is I have until 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on the 1st to cancel since that is 15 days before the reservation. Is that correct or not? I know I wouldn't wait that late at night to cancel, but I was just wanting some advice & past experiences with that.

Thank you so very much in advance!

There is a handy tool that calculates it for you here. I use it often.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffr/bookingCalculator.do

Keep in mind the online system shuts down at 11:45PM Eastern so you can't literally wait until 11:59.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres a trick I have used to maintain a reservation inside 15 days and still maintain the ability to cancel and get my points back

1) Cancel between 11:30 and 11:45 on the 15th day (get your points back)

2) start to rebook and get the reservation tied up in the 15 minute window...but dont rebook

3) The reservation wont be available to the rest of the membership, but it will be back at 7 am the next morning. So at 7 am make the reservation again

4) within 15 days you can make a reservation and if you cancel the same day your points come back to you so at 11:30 do it again

I do this (make and break a reservation on the same day) when I have a reservation that Ive rented, but the guy still owes me money. Im convinced he will ultimately pay me, but if he doesnt I reserve the right to cancel and get my points back. (and of course I keep the deposit he has paid me). It also seems to workwhen Im trying to carry several reservations inside of 15 days without naming a guest.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is a handy tool that calculates it for you here. I use it often.

Cool tool - I wasn't aware of this.

I like to look at things from the "other direction". Today is 11/9 and thus I know I need to cancel anything with an 11/24 check-in by 11:45 PM ET. This tool will still be good to double-check my math. Thanks Eric!

Yes, Ron, good tips/tricks. But you are in competition with anyone else that might set their alarm to when Wyndham opens back up. Still, if you are in a situation where you don't want to get stuck with something, and just have a slow payer, it can work in your favor. Just like with a cancel/rebook, you risk losing the reservation.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind with the Wyndham Timeline Calculator that the date in the box "Points Forfeited If Canceled On or After" is just like it says, the date that is too late to cancel to get points returned.

You must do it 1 day or more BEFORE that date.

I agree it is a very handy tool and I use it often. It is a great planning tool to book standard reservations, express reservations, and VIP points discounted reservations as well.

Cynthia T. :)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind with the Wyndham Timeline Calculator that the date in the box "Points Forfeited If Canceled On or After" is just like it says, the date that is too late to cancel to get points returned.

You must do it 1 day or more BEFORE that date.

I agree it is a very handy tool and I use it often. It is a great planning tool to book standard reservations, express reservations, and VIP points discounted reservations as well.

And to give credit where credit is due... it was Cynthia who first pointed this tool out to me! So thanks!

Thanks to Ron also for the tip. I had done essentially the same thing only without the "faux reservation" after 11:30. Just got lucky to pick it up the next day.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I do things a little differently. I have an Excel sheet with all the details about the reservation and the following columns:

Rebook On Date, Cancel On Date

For the Rebook On Date, make a formula that subtracts 60 from the check-in date (example: =A77-60). For the Cancel On Date, make a formula that subtracts 15 from the check-in date (example: =A77-15).

Here are all the columns on my sheet.

1. Check-in Date
2. Week#
3. # of Days
4. Resort Name
5. ZIP [Craig's List needs a ZIP -- saves looking them up every time]
6. Confirmation #/Unit #
7. Unit Details
8. Points
9. Min Price
10. Rebook On
11. Cancel On
12. Sold To
13. Sold For
14. Date Paid
15. Guest Conf. Sent

I am seriously considering trying to convert this to MS Access. I've done some Access programming but it was about 18 years ago and Access is too powerful and complex for the casual user. It's hard to dabble in MS Access.

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses! I didn't know the calculator existed. i will definitely use that from now on.

"chapjim",

Like I always tell people about Microsoft Office products, there is always the "help" feature that can pull up some very helpful articles from the web or within the program itself. Also, there are Microsoft Office forums, like this one, if you would like to post a question. Usually I get some very good help that way.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
And to give credit where credit is due... it was Cynthia who first pointed this tool out to me! So thanks!

Thanks to Ron also for the tip. I had done essentially the same thing only without the "faux reservation" after 11:30. Just got lucky to pick it up the next day.

Thank you, Eric! I am glad that you and others find this tool useful. I do too. I think we all learn a bunch of stuff from each other, that is why I like visiting this site regularly.

There is a bunch of information at www.myclubwyndham.com That is where I found the Wyndham timeline calculator. Most everything is posted somewhere on the site, it is just a bit tricky finding info sometimes?

The one thing I wish the calculator also had was a box for ARP reservation dates, but I guess you can always just add on another 3 months to the standard reservation time table?

Well at least we have the calculator!

I am still waiting for the new Club Wyndham Directory. I ordered mine on the 1st day it was offered online. I always like a printed copy. It should be here soon, I hope?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Eric! I am glad that you and others find this tool useful. I do too. I think we all learn a bunch of stuff from each other, that is why I like visiting this site regularly.

There is a bunch of information at www.myclubwyndham.com That is where I found the Wyndham timeline calculator. Most everything is posted somewhere on the site, it is just a bit tricky finding info sometimes?

The one thing I wish the calculator also had was a box for ARP reservation dates, but I guess you can always just add on another 3 months to the standard reservation time table?

Well at least we have the calculator!

I am still waiting for the new Club Wyndham Directory. I ordered mine on the 1st day it was offered online. I always like a printed copy. It should be here soon, I hope?

Still waiting for mine, too.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do things a little differently. I have an Excel sheet with all the details about the reservation and the following columns:

Rebook On Date, Cancel On Date

For the Rebook On Date, make a formula that subtracts 60 from the check-in date (example: =A77-60). For the Cancel On Date, make a formula that subtracts 15 from the check-in date (example: =A77-15).

Here are all the columns on my sheet.

1. Check-in Date
2. Week#
3. # of Days
4. Resort Name
5. ZIP [Craig's List needs a ZIP -- saves looking them up every time]
6. Confirmation #/Unit #
7. Unit Details
8. Points
9. Min Price
10. Rebook On
11. Cancel On
12. Sold To
13. Sold For
14. Date Paid
15. Guest Conf. Sent

I am seriously considering trying to convert this to MS Access. I've done some Access programming but it was about 18 years ago and Access is too powerful and complex for the casual user. It's hard to dabble in MS Access.

Access would be overkill for this. Since everything will fit nicely into a single spreadsheet, easiest to keep it there. Access is good for when you would have multiple "spreadsheets" you need to link together. One other thing you may want to look at is conditional formating. That way if you rented it, it will turn it one color. If you are close to cancel and no renter, turn it another. Would be an easy way to do it. In mine I have one color for 1 bedrooms and another color for anything not upgraded yet. Makes for a quick view of what you have and what you have to do.

Jason

Last edited: