• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone heard of Executive Resorts International?

atomichicken

Reaction score
I was contacted by this company to sell my timeshare. Here is the website: http://executiveresortsinternational.com/

I listened to their typical sales line, and for a nominal fee, $1850, it was already basically sold. Buyer was lined up, they just needed the money for "title search and transfer fees."

I even asked to talk to someone in the legal department, after being offered, to answer questions that the salesman could not. They tried their best to answer my questions, but something does not feel right. I told the woman in legal that i don't have that kind of money laying around, and she is currently trying to cut the title fee in half. After reading various posts and researching the internet and not finding any real information, I'm turning you all of you. Are they legit or just wasting my time?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Anyone who askes for money upfront to sell your timeshare is a scam artist. They move frequently and change their names just as frequently. As soon as you give them your money, all communication will stop and you'll be out what you paid them. There is no valid money back guarentee with these jokers. They prey on those desperate enough to pay money up front in an attempt to get rid of their timeshares.

Frequently these guys get fined by local or state governments only to pop up again under a different name. The fines aren't large enough compared to their income to really discouarge this type of activity.

Try this line on them. If they already have a buyer for the property, offer to pay them DOUBLE out of the gross reciepts on the sale (not money up front. Not even $100). I can guarentee they WON'T take you offer. That's because there is NO buyer just chomping at the bit to get your timeshare.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by this company to sell my timeshare. Are they legit or just wasting my time?

They are looking for the upfront money & then you'll never hear from them again. It is NOT legitimate - do not give them any money.

You'd be better off finding a new owner willing to take your week for the closing costs. Save your money and do not try to deal with this group.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG! :hi:

ANY company that charges a large upfront fee is trying to scam you. They make their money with the upfront fee and then they make no attempt to sell your timeshare. There is NO buyer!

There are a lot of scammers out there taking advantage of desperate timeshare owners these days. Most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of retail, but that's a bitter pill to swallow, so owners grasp at shady offers, hoping they are for real. Legitimate resellers charge a commission after the sale, but the scammers all ask for a large upfront payment.

Here are some warnings signs with these kinds of companies:

1) Do they say that they already have a renter/buyer for your timeshare? (or an established market like people attending conventions.)

2) Do they want you to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for a title search and transfer fees, or taxes, or a closing fee, UPFRONT?

3) Are they offering to rent/sell it for far more than the market value?

4) Do they want you to pay a large up front fee that supposedly you will get back?

5) Do they want your credit card number before they send you a contract?​

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the usual scenario:

Once you pay the fee and receive the contract, you discover that the company has only promised to advertise your resort, not to rent/sell it, and they don't mention having a renter/buyer in the contract.

Then, you won't hear anything from them for a long time, and when you contact them, they will tell you that the renter/buyer backed out, but they will advertise your timeshare on their over-priced website.

Finally, when you try to get your money back, they will point out that you signed a contract, and it's only for advertising.

When you try to challenge it with your credit card company, they will tell you that you only had 60 days to dispute the charge, and that it's too late to do anything.​

To see what your timeshare is really worth on the current resale market:

1) Register with eBay
2) Log into eBay
3) Search for the resort by exact name
4) Click on "completed listings" on the menu on the left

(Be sure you look at the completed listings - those are actually SELLING prices - you will find asking prices all over the place, but what really counts is what they actually sold for.)

foreverloves

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have a sample agreement on their website. Did you read it? I'll give them a small shred of credit - they are not overtly (in the PAPERWORK) lying to you:

"Executive Resorts International is a for sale or rental marketing and processing company, that is not a Real Estate Broker."

Right there, they tell you - you are signing a marketing agreement. They are agreeing to market your property. That's what the fee is for. They are lying in that there is no "buyer waiting". When you sign the agreement, you are agreeing to the above - the sales and marketing of your timeshare. That means they will take your money, and put a pretty little ad on their website to sell it for you. You'll likely never hear from them again.

Funny - if they have so many "buyers waiting" why is there any inventory listed on their website?

Read the "sample contract" they supply on their website VERY CAREFULLY and see for yourself.

Last edited:

atomichicken

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the advice. Like I said, something didn't feel right, so I contacted my actual resort. They informed me of the actual transfer costs, which were a small fraction of what these scam artists were trying to cheat me out of. So, not only did I get saved from a very expensive lesson, but if I do find a buyer, I know what I need to do.

One more thing, the scam artists called back on Friday and I told them what I knew. They told me I was wrong and I haven't heard from them since.

ginabinawina

Reaction score
Mom and Dad Situation with Executive Resorts

They are trying to scam my parents. I say scam because I know it has to be, while my mom is so desperate to sell their 800k Wyndam Florida timeshare, she's falling prey to these scams.

I read the contract, and I told her NOT to sign it because of what was said above. At the time I hadn't seen any information on their company so was going by gut feeling.

They say there IS a buyer, and swear up and down this and that. IF there is a buyer why don't/won't they disclose who the buyer is?! HAHA!

Their Business LLC ID is supposedly NV20091555492 if you go to Nevada's secretary of state website. Their other name is European Executive Resorts International which was just incorporated less than a year ago, and initial list was made April this year!

How does the claims of being in operation in the states for eleven years and in Europe for much longer really make sense with this information, let alone why all the names? SCAM!

I'm not a timeshare expert, so any additional information to convince my mom to get her money back while she legally can (she didn't sign a contract) is much appreciated!

BTW, they got $2,199 out of my mom up front. She faxed them before 7 days that she wanted her money back and they're still trying to keep her on.

Also, they ask for bank drafts not CCards.. I have a feeling it'll be hard to get her money back. :doh:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm really sorry to hear that your mom fell for this - there is no doubt that she has been scammed. Sending them checks, of course, added to the problem and it is going to be very difficult to get her money back.

I assume you've already checked to see if the checks have been cashed?

I would contact the BBB and the Attorney General in NV.

It would also be worth the fee to have an attorney write them a letter demanding her money back.

If your mom is getting to the age and/or health where she has difficulty handling her own affairs, this might be a good time start putting some things into place to help her/protect her.

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
This is so awful and it is happening more lately because so many people are getting desperate to get rid of their timeshare units. We have received a bunch of postcard invitations lately and phone calls too where they start out with the statement that we own at the Marriott which we do so they tell us that they have a buyer willing and able to purchase the contract. :rolleyes:

Lately, I see many Marriott eBay auctions so you know that people are falling for their scam. :bawl:

The best thing to do for us is to keep warning people but also write our resorts and ask if they will publish a warning in their quarterly letter or any other way they can notify us or online. They should do this for the benefit of all members so people do not get scammed. The worse the economy will get, the more scam artists will start this lucrative business. :wall:

I wonder if we could have a thread where people can post the name, address and domain name of these scam artists we are receiving the invitations from or their phone number if they call but that is harder to do. I always call the number back immediately but it never seems to work. This makes it also hard to turn them in to the authorities because we are on a no call list but they know how to work around that too. :mad:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do for us is to keep warning people but also write our resorts and ask if they will publish a warning in their quarterly letter or any other way they can notify us or online. They should do this for the benefit of all members so people do not get scammed. The worse the economy will get, the more scam artists will start this lucrative business. :wall:

I'm thinking, "Fat chance!" and here's why (just my personal opinion):

Assuming that you bought your unit from the resort/developer, that means that the resort has to tell you that your unit has depreciated by up to 100% after you bought it. Now imagine that they have to tell you that while you're still in your recission period!

Remember, one of the biggest tell-tale signs of these scam artists is that it says it can sell your unit for a lot more than what you paid for it. Another ploy scam artists use is to tell you that your property is in high demand. If the resort/developer tells you to watch out for these lies, then it's admitting that it sold you a nearly worthless product for >$10,000. Again, doing this all the while that you're still in your recission period.

Final point: The salesperson has just convinced you that you've just purchased a lifetime of vacation dreams and memories and that your purchase would pay for itself in the long-term. Why would he/she start telling you about selling it?

Just my two cents.

VP9631J

Reaction score
More Info on Resale Companies

There are actually numerous development groups selling owner names and phone numbers to timeshare resale companies. There is no way for any state to get this under control. I believe it is much more widespread than most people realize. My last count I have currently located 288 of these resale companies to date and my list grows daily.

There recently was an article that named over 40 of these companies in central Florida that are currently under investigation. You can read the article here : [Commercial link deleted] If you have listed your timeshare with one of the companies below I would suggest contacting the Fl Attorney Generals Office at: phone # 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226)

Some of the companies that have settled with Timeshare Owners who were scammed are:

Recent settlements:
- World Timeshares, Inc., located in Deerfield Beach – The Attorney General’s Office settled with this company in April 2009 and obtained $100,161 in consumer restitution.
- Timeshare Travels, located in Boca Raton – The Attorney General’s Office settled with this company in April 2009 and obtained $90,323 in consumer restitution.
- Vacation Property Trader, located in Deerfield Beach – The Attorney General’s Office settled with this company in May 2009 and obtained $8,447 in consumer restitution.
- Preferred Vacation Resorts, Inc., doing business as Preferred Property Services, Inc., Preferred Property Services.com, Inc., located in Clearwater – As a result of the Attorney General’s investigation into these companies, they ceased operations in April 2009, and the Attorney General’s Office obtained $36,000 in consumer restitution.
- D&D Vacations, Incorporated, doing business as United States Property Services,, located in largo – The Attorney General’s Office reached an agreement with this company last week and obtained $26,000 in consumer restitution.
- S.F.C. Group, Inc. doing business as TWA Resale, located in Orlando – The Attorney General’s Office settled with this company in March 2010 and obtained $37,226 in consumer restitution.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Kelly (and welcome to TUG!) - Commercial entities (website owners included) are not permitted to post links to their websites on TUG. If you can provide a direct link to that article, that does not go to your website, you may post that instead.

We appreciate your participation on TUG, and the good info. you have shared, but you may not use TUG to promote your own website.

From the TUG Posting rules:

If you are a broker or salesperson, or work in an allied field, we welcome your participation on the board. We value your industry perspective and valuable insights. We do not appreciate, however, attempts to use our bbs for direct commercial purposes. We do not, for instance, welcome your adding tag lines promoting your business, such as "Call me for more information." Use the board as a way to be helpful and build your reputation, not as a direct sales tool, please. Due to flagrant commercial violations by some abusers in the past, we have found it necessary to be very strict about this.

Individual users please note that messages promoting anything for which you may receive some personal gain are considered to be advertising, and are thus prohibited. Promotion of any service where you would get referral compensation is considered to be advertising. Directing somebody to your classified ad on TUG or elsewhere is considered to be advertising. Promotion of a website where you have anything for sale or rent is considered to be advertising.

The advertising ban includes information in your bbs signature. You may link to a commercial website in your signature, but the link itself may not indicate the nature of the site. If your URL or domain name indicates the nature of the site, it should not be visually displayed. A visual link saying only "My website" or other similar innocuous wording is acceptable.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I even asked to talk to someone in the legal department, after being offered, to answer questions that the salesman could not

ThreeStooges.jpg

The Fim of Dewey, Cheetum & Howe

Total boiler room scam -

I can only imagine the roll on the floow after they "pretended to be from the legal department"

Last edited:

ginabinawina

Reaction score
Thank You

Update:

I got a call from them and they spent 20 minutes verbally spanking me for threatening to expose their scam if my mother doesn't get her money back.

Of course, defamation of character was used, yadda yadda. Even said they are taking someone to court for just that and what I said was "walking a fine line".

Just like most of these sly and verbally quick people, they seem to have an answer for everything, but without any real evidence for what they say.

"If we were a scam, then why am I here talking to you and telling you upset that you called us one."

I asked them if they ARE a brokerage company and leading two entities together (buyer/seller), then why do they specifically claim they are NOT on their website.

Other quotes? "You're crazy.. even if she didn't want her money back we wouldn't do business with someone who has a crazy daughter".

I told them if I'm the crazy one, then why is he the one yelling so loud while I'm staying calm and trying to get a word in edgewise.

He also contradicted what they told my mom about being in the U.S. for eleven years. He said they've been in business a long time, but in the U.S. for three. My mother put her foot down and said absolutely not, the lady (Kayla) claimed eleven years in the states more than one occasion.

Anyway, there is the gist of the conversation. I thought some of you may find it amusing. I think he represented his own character, just fine. *rolls eyes*.

James@Daytona

Reaction score
I asked that same company for their License number, and they placed me on hold... That was the last time I heard from them.

Dnana2468

Reaction score
Fraud Timeshares

I have been on the phone today with a Ron Walker,
Exective Resort International. He want to me to sell my Westgate Timeshare. He wants $1,850.00 for Title Search & Transfer, Ownership Varication and Eftoppel Letter. I am so glad I Googled them and found you guys. I had that funny feeling in my stomach. I think it is a scam.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have been on the phone today with a Ron Walker,
Exective Resort International. He want to me to sell my Westgate Timeshare. He wants $1,850.00 for Title Search & Transfer, Ownership Varication and Eftoppel Letter. I am so glad I Googled them and found you guys. I had that funny feeling in my stomach. I think it is a scam.

It IS a scam to get your $1850 that will eventually gets "used" as cost of (worthless) advertising.

We are glad you found us too & avoided the scam.

Brerrabbit

Reaction score
Update:

I got a call from them and they spent 20 minutes verbally spanking me for threatening to expose their scam if my mother doesn't get her money back.

People should record these phone conversations. It would be very good evidence in court. Of course you would have to tell them they were being recorded, for "quality control" or some similar reason. Probably a lot of them would hang up when you told them that.