• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What would you buy, Club Intrawest or Worldmark?

inthe604

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice, I'm looking to purchase a resale timeshare membership and need some advise from people who already own. I have two in my sights and was hoping that you could help me out:

1. Club Intrawest - 120 Annual Points for $6500
-Since this is resale and for under $125 per point, I would not qualify to get Extrodinary Escapes but could subscribe to Interval International. Has anyone used Interval International?

2. Worldmark - 12,000 Annual Points for $5000
-This account also has 18,000 points banked. From what I read, the resorts aren't as luxurious as Club Intrawest but will the 12,000 points per year give me more bang for my buck?

Any help would be appreciated!

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to use or trade? That's a key question. What are your overall usage goals?

If it's primarily to trade, Worldmark is the better call IMO.

If you specifically desire to stay in Worldmark or CIW properties, then you should go with the system you most desire to stay in.

inthe604

Reaction score
The membership is for the use of my family and I. I like the fact that Worldmark has more resorts than Club Intrawest but I like the fact that Club Intrawest has 4+ star resorts.

Does Worldmark have any 4+ star resorts?

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy where you plan to use period...

Look at the available destinations for each system- and daydream about what your future vacations will be.. Let just a touch of reality sink in to consider things like airfare- but overall just let your imagination run wild!

I often recommend buyers make two lists of ten.. One list of the places you want to visit, and the other of the last ten places you actually did go to vacation. (Like all habits, travel tendencies can be hard to break.. I know people who talk about going to Hawaii, Europe, and Aruba year after year- but always seen to end up in South Florida for some reason!)..

The system that matches both lists the best is probably your best choice!

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
1. Club Intrawest - Since this is resale and for under $125 per point, I would not qualify to get Extrodinary Escapes but could subscribe to Interval International. Has anyone used Interval International?

I have an individual account with II through Club Intrawest and love it. However, the last I heard was that in your scenario you would be able to get an individual account for RCI, but not for II. At least that's how it was for some time.

Regardless, I would not recommend buying CI to use as a trader since it's rather expensive for that. I have used CI to trade in II (and even in RCI before I gave up the Extraordinary Escapes) in the past, but two years ago bought another ts strictly to use as a trader in II, especially since II stopped giving ACs for CI deposits. Instead I've made it my mission to visit all of the CI locations at least once (and I have a few left to go.)

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The membership is for the use of my family and I. I like the fact that Worldmark has more resorts than Club Intrawest but I like the fact that Club Intrawest has 4+ star resorts.

Does Worldmark have any 4+ star resorts?

We've stayed in half a dozen WM resorts so many are more expert than we are. They are nice resorts but I would not classify them as four star.

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you live in Vancouver. There are many more WM resorts in the West than other parts of the US & Canada. Agree that WM is not 4*, but the penthouses are very nice if you want to splurge on credits. A good resource for everything you ever wanted to know about WM is www.wmowners.com One of the things I really like about WM is that I can "rent" credits from other members, so I just need a basic 6000 membership.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Buy where you plan to use period...

Look at the available destinations for each system- and daydream about what your future vacations will be.. Let just a touch of reality sink in to consider things like airfare- but overall just let your imagination run wild!

I often recommend buyers make two lists of ten.. One list of the places you want to visit, and the other of the last ten places you actually did go to vacation. (Like all habits, travel tendencies can be hard to break.. I know people who talk about going to Hawaii, Europe, and Aruba year after year- but always seen to end up in South Florida for some reason!)..

The system that matches both lists the best is probably your best choice!
Great advice!!

I own at CI and am very happy with it. BUT we own 150 pts and sometimes find that a little too few pts. I'd guess that 120 CI pts would not be enough pts for most vacations.

12,000 WM pts is a lot of WM pts and would give you a 2 bd during the highest time of year in all but the very newest WM resort ( which require about 50% more pts than the older resorts)