• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone rent from NTHC?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Over the years, there has been mostly positive remarks about renting from NTHC.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The owners of NTHC are Tuggers. When you rent from someone, you can certainly make a different offer on the rental terms, but they may not agree, and at that point you will have to move on and look for another rental.

I often have renters approach me with rental terms that don't work for me, and I politely decline. At that point they can agree with my rental terms, or move on.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is their website they want the entire rental fee up front.

http://www.nthctravel.com

I would like to pay 100 down and the rest upon confirmed reservation.

Fwiw, the NTHC principal is a TUG member and trustworthy. I know her name, but I don't feel that it's my place to just print it here for all the world to see.
I believe NTHC is sometimes a "middle man/woman" renting for others (for a fee), as well as being the actual owner(s) of some weeks being offered for rent.

Whether you find NTHC deposit / payment terms acceptable is up to you; $100 down may be regarded by NTHC as showing insufficient "commitment" on your part.
You can perhaps attempt to negotiate the payment terms to see if there may be some mutually agreeable middle ground --- 100% payment before providing any form of contract or reservation confirmation / documentation at all does seem a bit "strict" to me, but proximity of the actual rental date may be a factor too . :shrug:

Last edited:

vacationdoc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had great service

I have rented from them several times and always had great service with no complaints.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would rent from them. I agree with Denise. If the price is not what you are willing to pay, try to negotiate, then move on.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NTHC have been around for years. While I have not rented from them, they sometimes "take" (rent) units/weeks from me. And I require 100% payment, too.

If you are asking them to get a confirmation in YOUR name with only a $100 down, it may not work. It costs me $99 to put most units I rent into a guest's name .... and then to ask you again to remit the balance ... more time on my part, more costs for receiving the funds and more waiting - not knowing if YOU really are going to pay the balance. And keeping track of it all.

In my world, it is rented ONLY when 100% of the funds are paid. Do I wait when you put $100 down and then do just as much work as another full rental would take or do I take the FULL PAYMENT and KNOW the unit is really rented?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I work with NTHC a lot and I have found them to be absolutely trustworthy

By the way; The reservation that they arrange for you might be made in my account

hammerhammer

Reaction score
Thanks so much, and I have posted up on my facebook page how great this place is.

TUG is the best, because of the people.

I am sending them all of the money today, and without this place I would never had done it!

Thanks again,
John

hammerhammer

Reaction score
To the top for other to see on who is reputable but the resort can not confirm the reservation.

I am not complaining just trying to learn :)

Fwiw, the NTHC principal is a TUG member and trustworthy. I know her name, but I don't feel that it's my place to just print it here for all the world to see.
I believe NTHC is sometimes a "middle man/woman" renting for others (for a fee), as well as being the actual owner(s) of some weeks being offered for rent.

Whether you find NTHC deposit / payment terms acceptable is up to you; $100 down may be regarded by NTHC as showing insufficient "commitment" on your part.
You can perhaps attempt to negotiate the payment terms to see if there may be some mutually agreeable middle ground --- 100% payment before providing any form of contract or reservation confirmation / documentation at all does seem a bit "strict" to me, but proximity of the actual rental date may be a factor too . :shrug:

hammerhammer

Reaction score
NTHC have been around for years. While I have not rented from them, they sometimes "take" (rent) units/weeks from me. And I require 100% payment, too.

If you are asking them to get a confirmation in YOUR name with only a $100 down, it may not work. It costs me $99 to put most units I rent into a guest's name .... and then to ask you again to remit the balance ... more time on my part, more costs for receiving the funds and more waiting - not knowing if YOU really are going to pay the balance. And keeping track of it all.

In my world, it is rented ONLY when 100% of the funds are paid. Do I wait when you put $100 down and then do just as much work as another full rental would take or do I take the FULL PAYMENT and KNOW the unit is really rented?

Denise here is my example.

Great people to rent from as lots of folks say on here, but they do not comply with any of the suggested rules for renters.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Denise here is my example.

Great people to rent from as lots of folks say on here, but they do not comply with any of the suggested rules for renters.

One more time: The suggested rules for renters are for renting from a private owner - NTHC is a business.

Businesses usually have there own rental terms and procedures. If you agree with them, then do business with them. If you don't, then do business elsewhere.

Just as I said in post #3 in this thread back in January:
The owners of NTHC are Tuggers. When you rent from someone, you can certainly make a different offer on the rental terms, but they may not agree, and at that point you will have to move on and look for another rental.

I often have renters approach me with rental terms that don't work for me, and I politely decline. At that point they can agree with my rental terms, or move on.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I clicked on the website link and it says it is off line?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The Wyndham owner I just recently made rental arrangements with agreed to book the reservation, put it in our names and then we sent her 100 percent payment for XMAS week 2015. After all, if we didn't pay her, she could just cancel the reservations anyway, so she had nothing to lose. On our end, after payment, she could still cancel the reservations and we would be screwed. She doesn't do contracts, but of course I have a large email collection. She doesn't bother to give references- just told me to google her name and see she has a professional business in Canada.

This is where a certain element of trust comes in. I never did call her on the phone but I got a sense of her through the emails and the way she responded, etc. I confirmed all with the resort and will do so again as the time nears.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Trust is the "key" factor here, I have tried craigslist, not so good but I have to say I trust TUG. Both sides are just looking to secure a deal safely. You also can follow some here to see some track record.
I'm newer at this & with three kids in college vacationing is on the back burner. So i have been learning all I can from you all. When I reserve a vacation spot my name is put on & I need ten days before the vacation starts to add someone else's name to use it. I wouldn't be comfortable collecting $100 putting your name on the vacation do to the fact its not paid for. Would you be comfortable with the email reservation in my name from my resort for that vacation? I guess I am in control of canceling a vacation if I would not be paid in full, but I can see some real problems with this with someone else's name on the reservation before its paid for.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the actual link to NTHC: http://www.timesharehelp.net/

I have rented out weeks through them (that is, they have served as a middleman to rent out weeks I own), and they have been great to work with.

In the past, they have sometimes had a membership fee if you wanted advice from them. However, they never charged me that fee, as they didn't need to spend time advising me.

This thread reminds me -- I was supposed to email them! I better go do that.

kelm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's odd, the vacation rentals section of their website shows nothing available. In the past, they had a whole list of availability to look at.