• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CT to Myrtle Beach

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with an easy route? Map quest has it at 13hrs.
What to expect in toll charges?
Places to stop along way?
Taking our 2 teens with us late june early july
Any suggestions,hints appreciated Thanks

bltfam

Reaction score
sleep all day before you leave and drive all night. Although 13 hours isnt so bad When we travel back to Pa from Ks its about 12 hours I get up at 4am if hubby not going and roll the kids (*2 teens ) in the van and go around 8 or so they wake up and stop We dont really stop to eat or anything we do stop for gas of course and my coffee and a few times to walk the dog and strech I pack a cooler for the kids and they watch movies and graze all day Wewill be traveling to Myrtle beah in July from Ks just after coming home in june from pa Our trip will be 17 hours My husband will want to take two days I like just riding straight through Back to Pa its a easy drive 70 all te way Havent checked out MB yet?
Have fun I love myrtle Beach
My kids are excited about getting there pictures done again with the baby tigers and monkey

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
sleep all day before you leave and drive all night. Although 13 hours isnt so bad When we travel back to Pa from Ks its about 12 hours I get up at 4am if hubby not going and roll the kids (*2 teens ) in the van and go around 8 or so they wake up and stop We dont really stop to eat or anything we do stop for gas of course and my coffee and a few times to walk the dog and strech I pack a cooler for the kids and they watch movies and graze all day Wewill be traveling to Myrtle beah in July from Ks just after coming home in june from pa Our trip will be 17 hours My husband will want to take two days I like just riding straight through Back to Pa its a easy drive 70 all te way Havent checked out MB yet?
Have fun I love myrtle Beach
My kids are excited about getting there pictures done again with the baby tigers and monkey

Watch your speed. Tickets are being given out. you are being clocked. New rador systems too.

tyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We go to Myrtle Beach every year and we always stop in Fredricksburg at South Point, Exit 126. Everything you need is at this exit.It usually takes us about 8 hours to get there.We stay overnight and leave by 9am and stop at "South of the Boarder" to gas up.We pack deli and have a picnic lunch there. From there it is a short 3 hour drive and we get to MB by 3:30, just in time for check-in. Coming from Ct. the traffic will not allow you to do 70. If you leave at 6am you should hit the Delaware Bridge at 10:00, we stop for breakfast just across the bridge. Once you hit the Va. line traffic seems to stop untill you get past Woodbridge. For some reason this area is always congested. Mostly because of construction.
We take route 8s to the merrit and into NY to 95s.
On the way home, I get off the Jersey tnpk. at exit 11 to the Garden State to route 84. I refuse to go over the GW bridge.Have a safe and fun trip!
Sandy

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Approximately where in CT are you starting from? As for tips, get EZ Pass and plan so your not driving near DC during "rush hour" which lasts about 4 hours at a time.

Last edited:

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips

We are leaving from Wallingford CT. Planning on leaving on a Sat around noon or a bit later. Planning on stopping overnight.

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with bltfam. Do as much driving at night as possible.

I drive to MB at least twice a year. Being from Southern NJ, it is only about a 9 hour drive for me. I rarely drive this trip on the weekend, so my goal is to be out the door by 3AM. That gets me through DC by 6AM at the latest, usually 5:30. I once hit it at about 6:30 and it took me 2 hours longer to make the trip.

On the way home, I try to leave MB by 5AM. That usually gets me back around the DC area between 11 and 12, and between the rush hours.

MB is awesome. Have a great time and enjoy as much as you can. There is so much to do. It can be quite hot during the summer, so stay very hydrated.

jphillips131

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are visiting North Myrtle Beach I would suggest getting off I95 onto I40and then take Hwy 17 South. It will bring you right into North Myrtle Beach. Hwy 17 is now 2 lanes all the way South to North Myrtle Beach from Wilmington. If you take I95 to Hwy 501(Florence, SC) you go further South and then have to come back North. Have a great trip.