• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Regency Towers #0014 Myrtle Beach

Dave Powers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are holding the last 2 weeks in February, 2009. Can anyone give us input on this resort? We know the weather could be "iffy"...but has to be better than Michigan in Feb!

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regency Towers

We are owners at Regency Towers. Units are either 2 or 3 BR units, and large.

Resort has been given Gold Crown status for 2008. All units are ocean front.

There are 25 timeshare units, and 75 wholly owned condo's in the 17 story building.

Balconies are large, and complex now has free wireless in the units.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow does this ever bring back memories! This resort was our first ever exchange back in 1996 and we were so impressed. It was RID at the time but I don't think we payed much attention to the ratings back then as all we wanted to do was go to Myrtle Beach to golf. We were there in April and the weather was great. The unit was huge with a beautiful view and we left the sliding doors in the bedroom open at night so we could hear the waves. This is making me want to go back!

Lynn :)

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recent Stay

We were at this resort the week before Christmas. The units are large and right on the beach. You go to sleep and wake to the sounds of the ocean. There is a balcony in each unit that directly faces the beach. It is not a real fancy resort with few activities, but it is clean comfortable and well maintained. The staff is helpful and there is 24 hour security. We are seriously considering buying, that is what we thought of the resort in a nut shell.

If you like a lot of space, close to all the Myrtle Beach offers, right on the beach, this is one of the top locations.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices at Club Regency / Plametto Beach Club

I am thinking about buying a week or two at this resort. I can not find any information on what units have sold for recently. I know the resorts web sites lists units for sale but I wonder how close to the sale price they get. The sales prices are $1,000 for white week and $3,000 or more for a red week. This seems to be to high to me. Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
I've stayed at this resort a few times. Exchanging into it is difficult. I rented from an owner for this summer. I've looked into purchasing and the prices are high. You see very few resales on timeshare sites but there are rentals available.

postesf

Reaction score
My family has stayed at The Regency just about every year since it opened. It's doesn't have the waterslides, lazy river...that some newer places do, but the rooms are HUGE! Bigger than my house. We love it there. We've always paid out of pocket and for a week... $$$!

I have a question...If I wanted to do an exchange there, can anyone tell me what the chances are of getting a lower floor room? My dad can't stay above the 2nd floor. Like I mentioned, we've always paid out of pocket and booked a year in advance and requested the room we wanted. Next year would be different if I try to exchange.

Thanks!
Stacie

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort will try and give you a lower floor if one is available.

I did an RCI trade last year for week 50, which is a very slow week just before Christmas. I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor.
Here is the details of how that happened: I called the resort after I got the trade from RCI. The resort said to call back the week before I was to arrive. When I called back they had me on a high floor. I asked if they could give me a lower floor and they said they could put me on the 3rd floor.

When I arrived they said the 3rd floor was already taken and put me on the 8th floor. That was not acceptable to me but it was after the management had gone home so I took it for the night. The next day I talked to the manager and she was very appologetic and helpful. She gave me a room on the 1st foor. I could never find out why I didn't get the room I was promised. The unit they gave me on the 1st floor was not originally available due to maintenance being done to it.

Basically if you go in the off season you might have a chance of getting a floor you want but it is not likely. You have no way of knowing what you will get when you trade into the resort. In the prime season it is even less likely to get the floor you want. You have to get with the resort a week or two before you arrive to request a floor (I think that is when they actually assign them based on availabilty). There are only 25 units in the resort that are timehares so there is not a lot of availabilty to begin with.

My edjucated guees is that you would not get the 1st or 2nd floor.