• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New TUG2.com website now live for all owners!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
anytime, thank you for finding the bug!!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I just got an email saying "A new listing on your TUG Watch List has been added"

I used the link, signed in and no "new" icon anywhere. Is there a delay? or should the new posting show when I get the email?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
should have an icon on the watch list page indicating which resort has the new item on it. what web browser are you using?

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
exchange affiliation of resorts in database

Maybe I am missing something. We trade through II only. I am used to being able to search for highly-rated II resorts by selecting a state or area in the database and skipping over the RCI resorts. In the new format I don't see any exchange affiliation (other than gold crown, etc) even if I take the extra steps of clicking on each resort and then opening the resort information. It would seem that now I will have to open a list of the II resorts on the II website before searching for their ratings on TUG.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
for all the resorts in the list, the exchange affiliation (either II or RCI) code is listed just under the rating.

could you elaborate more on the issue if this is not what you meant? thanks!

Attachments

• exchange.jpg
    exchange.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 67

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian,

Before I posted I did notice the codes but I was forgetting that they also indicate the trading company affiliation.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats ok...any and all feeback is welcome!

can rest assured that if it bugged you enough to post about it, other folks are curious as well!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got an email saying "A new listing on your TUG Watch List has been added"

I used the link, signed in and no "new" icon anywhere. Is there a delay? or should the new posting show when I get the email?

should have an icon on the watch list page indicating which resort has the new item on it. what web browser are you using?

I'm using IE 11.

This has been OK in the past when we were experimenting with the new site but this one time it did not show. I'll let you know in the future how it works when I get a similar email.

Thanks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok please do!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ok please do!

Got an email today, followed the link, signed in and the yellow highlight showed me that a new for sale ad has been added to Summer Bay which is on my watch list.

It says that it's going to be there for 15 days so it appears to be working now. I have no icon showing on any of the others on my list so maybe the last email was also for an ad at Summer Bay.

Thank you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have now added the "write review" link available from the drop down list at the top, and from the main resort reviews page.

this was a very frequent request! =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
points owners should now get much more exposure for their ads!

when you post a points for sale/rent ad, it asks you to select the home resort for your points. this will automatically link your points ad to that resort so your points ad will show up in searches for that resort area/location etc.

this should increase traffic to points ads significantly vs folks having to specifically search thru all points ads for sale/rent previously.

*note for any of you who have points ads that were posted BEFORE the end of last year, you likely will need to go back in and edit your ad to include the home resort data so this feature will be enabled for you.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Resort Review Links appear to be broken

On the Resort Review Page - http://www.tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?Top TUG Resorts&top=TUG
- All links under Top Resort appear to work
- All links under Newest Reviews appear to work
- None of the Area links work.

For example, when I click on FL-Gulf Coast/ Orlando nothing happens :shrug:
I'm using Chrome.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
not able to reproduce this problem, anyone else having it?

http://www.tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?FL-Gulf Coast/Orlando | Newest Reviews&area=4&new=90

this is the direct link to "newest reviews" for fl-gulf coast....it errors out for you?
Hi Brian,

Sorry if my previous post wasnt' clear. The links under "Newest Reviews" works for me too.
It's the other selections listed in the left hand column that don't work for me.
For Example: I'm assuming if I click on the word "USA-Northeast" in the left hand column, the main page would refresh and display all resorts in the Northeast. If not, then how do I get to the list of resort reviews in the USA-Northeast?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
clicking the link for "usa-northeast" just expands the menu further, it does not load any resorts by default.

if you wish to view the resorts, you must select a category within that section, the 2nd one down is "all resorts" which would display all resorts in the northeast.

http://tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?USA - Northeast | All Resorts&area=14

That makes sense.
When I use the link you provided, I can see the individual states listed in the left hand column under Northeast.

For some unknown reason, the menu doesn't expand when I click on any of those options such as "Usa-northeast". "mexico", "canada". etc :shrug:

I just tried Firefox and it expands for me there so I'll use that browser instead of Chrome when I'm in the TUG Resort Review section.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
weird, we test the pages in chrome, firefox, ie, and safari...the functionality exists in all of them.

trying to think what would cause your browser to not allow that expansion along the left side menu bar.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a need to see last years timeshare calendar. When I went to the TUG calendar I did not have an option to look back, just this year and forward.

I did a google search and was able to find last year on Timesharing 2000 after looking at a couple other popular sites first.

Would this be something hard to include or am I the only one in the world that needed this?

Thanks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ill have to see if we can add last years option to the list.