• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Timber Lodge - looking for advice

sjuhawks

Reaction score
Hello to all. This is our first time to Breckenridge and to this timeshare. To be clear we are staying at the one on 75 Snow Flake Drive. We have a one bedroom. Can anyone provide insight about which building to stay in, any tips about staying, suggestions to eat, where should we ski, where should we rent skis, is there a grocery store to buy stuff, etc. We have teenage kids and we are all pretty good on skis/snowboards. Looks like this place is under renovation so would like a newer room if possible but we are not picky people. We will have a car because we are going to look at some Universities while here. Going in late March. Thanks in advance, Lou

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Breckenridge has a great shopping area, lots to buy, big grocery stores. This isn't the wild west here in Colorado.

Call ahead and ask for a great unit assignment. I have no idea on that. The resort is prime real estate for sure.

I would buy an Entertainment Book for Colorado. Supposedly all books are $10 right now. There are places to rent skis right there in downtown Breck. Lots of restaurants.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hello to all. This is our first time to Breckenridge and to this timeshare. To be clear we are staying at the one on 75 Snow Flake Drive. We have a one bedroom. Can anyone provide insight about which building to stay in, any tips about staying, suggestions to eat, where should we ski, where should we rent skis, is there a grocery store to buy stuff, etc. We have teenage kids and we are all pretty good on skis/snowboards. Looks like this place is under renovation so would like a newer room if possible but we are not picky people. We will have a car because we are going to look at some Universities while here. Going in late March. Thanks in advance, Lou

This timeshare is in a wonderful location at Breckenridge. Ski there, since it's ski-in/ski-out. There is a ski rental store on property. The worst location I've had is in the check-in building only because we had to walk past the registration each time and continually got asked to attend a presentation; otherwise I'm not sure location matters (look at the resort map - I forget the building number but it can be convenient to be in the building with the restaurant since we didn't need jackets to walk there etc). Of course, a view room is nice. There's a large grocery store as you enter town, and the resort offers a shuttle there if you don't want to drive. Have fun and drink lots of water...remember this resort is at about 9300 feet.

Sent from my iPad

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Timber Lodge is one of our favorite timeshares ever. We have stayed there several times over the past 15 years...many times with teenagers. Wonderful memories! We like to be in the building with the restaurant because it is close to the big hot tubs. We like those big hot tubs better than the small ones which are closer to the front desk.
We really like Downstairs at Erics and Angel's Hollow for food...definitely would appeal to teenagers. The soup place next to City Market....I can't think of the name...has fantastic soup for a cold day. We typically pick up the soup and take it to go...only a few seats in the restaurant.
We do rent our skis at the resort...much easier.

Enjoy! We love Breck!!
Sue

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I highly recommend Alpine Sports in Breckenridge for any equipment rental. On their web site, there is a 20% off coupon. Their equipment is top-notch, service is great (you can switch equipment mid-rental for no extra cost), and with the coupon the price is the best in town BY FAR. In fact, it is less expensive to rent there than in most places in Denver.

As for a unit recommendation, I would ask for one close to the main pool / hot tub complex. It is a little less convenient if you have to run across the parking lot to get to the pool. The resort is technically ski-in, ski-out, but it is a little tricky finding the paths that allow you to do so -- the resort is not adjacent to a major run.

For dining, my favorite restaurants include Mi Casa (Mexican), and Burke and Riley's Irish Pub. As Cindy stated, there is a large grocery store in town (City Market), and there is a WalMart and Safeway (slightly better prices) in Frisco (about 12 miles away, on the way from Denver).

Another suggestion -- if you are taking a break from skiing for a day, go sledding at Carter Park. It is a blast for all ages!

Have fun!
Kurt

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I highly recommend Alpine Sports in Breckenridge for any equipment rental. On their web site, there is a 20% off coupon. Their equipment is top-notch, service is great (you can switch equipment mid-rental for no extra cost), and with the coupon the price is the best in town BY FAR. In fact, it is less expensive to rent there than in most places in Denver.

Pricing changes, but when I was last at this resort we rented at the rental shop on premises (Christy's). IIRC we reserved online or there was another coupon which made it about the same or just a bit more than others in town. But you couldn't beat the convenience and time savings of being able to store the skies there, no crowds, no driving or shuttles needed, etc. When we ski it's all about convenience and for just a few dollars more it's definitely a nice bonus not to have to go to town to rent equipment, especially if there's a problem and needs replacement etc.

I believe there's another rental group in town that will visit the resort and bring the equipment to you, and I've heard good reports about them as well.

Sent from my iPad