• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Offer at The Westin Princeville

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
Westin sent me an offer to stay at their Princeville location for a great deal. I think that it was $795 for 5 nights in either a studio or 1 BR. I didn't think that I'd use it, so I threw it away. Well, I changed my mind! Did anyone get the same offer? If so, can you tell me the phone number that was on the offer card? I am sure that they have me on a list somewhere and would be willing to look me up.

I am planning on going around June 6 before most kids' summer break starts!

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It's a great deal as long as you don't buy.
I no longer recall the number, sorry.
I think the WPORV MF are the highest in VSE for normal premium 2Bd LO (not WKORV Dlx)

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
It's a great deal as long as you don't buy.
I no longer recall the number, sorry.
I think the WPORV MF are the highest in VSE for normal premium 2Bd LO (not WKORV Dlx)

Definitely NOT going to buy! :rofl:I just want to take advantage of that great deal to get away with the hubsters while the kids get some QT with grandma!

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin sent me an offer to stay at their Princeville location for a great deal. I think that it was $795 for 5 nights in either a studio or 1 BR. I didn't think that I'd use it, so I threw it away. Well, I changed my mind! Did anyone get the same offer? If so, can you tell me the phone number that was on the offer card? I am sure that they have me on a list somewhere and would be willing to look me up.

This may be incorrect, but I sort of remember that your "offer" has a voucher number attached to it. If you don't have it anymore, you'll have to wait for the next one. And there WILL be a next one. We got 2 or 3 of those. OTOH, you might try calling Vistana directly. Can't hurt. They might be able to help you out.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Definitely NOT going to buy! :rofl:I just want to take advantage of that great deal to get away with the hubsters while the kids get some QT with grandma!

That's what my husband and I said when we got 5 nights free at the Sheraton.

The pitch is hard to resist. Maui (or Kauai) is unresistable.

I have a week at the Nanea now. :)

Honestly, I can't wait to go... Damn place is still being built. But not long now.

Last edited:

blondietink

Reaction score
How does one get these offers? Never once have we received one.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
That's what my husband and I said when we got 5 nights free at the Sheraton.

The pitch is hard to resist. Maui (or Kauai) is unresistable.

I have a week at the Nanea now. :)

Honestly, I can't wait to go... Damn place is still being built. But not long now.

It is difficult to resist, but I am a numbers person so crunching those builder prices helps bring me back to reality and helps me say no. :D

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana

I am not sure, but it may have been that I got on their list by dropping into their sales center in Maui to get a tour. The hubby and I were in Maui on the Hyatt Residence deal (THAT place is amazing!) and decided to check out WKORV and the Marriott Maui Beach Club. We didn't purchase, but it was a definitely difficult not to.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
When we were at WKORV as hotel renters, we went to the sales presentation and they offered us additional swag for giving them a list of names and addresses to which they sent the offer.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We got an offer for Westin Lagunamar. Their number to call was 800-662-2775. When we called they had our info in the system after we told them which resort and before we gave them our reservation number. Not sure if that is the same number but it is worth a try. Good luck!

michigander

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Cypress Harbour, Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Legends Edge, Marriott Destination Points
No presentation required?

We just got an offer for 4 nights at Westin Kierland Villas (where we have visited through Interval, and really like). The cost is $349 and there is no mention of having to attend a presentation. Is this possible? Will they tell me I have to go to a presentation when I get there? Thanks for any insights. If I am not required to go to a presentation, I would certainly consider it.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
We just got an offer for 4 nights at Westin Kierland Villas (where we have visited through Interval, and really like). The cost is $349 and there is no mention of having to attend a presentation. Is this possible? Will they tell me I have to go to a presentation when I get there? Thanks for any insights. If I am not required to go to a presentation, I would certainly consider it.

When I went to Maui, I was told I didn't have to go to the presentation. I've been to several of these things (but several years ago), and found them quite distasteful, but never wanted to buy anything and get stuck in one place. But they give you a lot of freebies if you do go to the presentation. I figured I could never be talked into buying a timeshare... LOL! How wrong I was.

However, the idea of owning property in Hawaii, even if it's just one week a year, especially a place as nice as the Nanea, is irresistable. The fact is, I could see wanting to go there every year!

From what I was told, they will call you while you are at the resort to talk you into going. But you don't have to... at least in Hawaii.

Call the number on the invitation and ask.

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took advantage of this offer earlier this year. I would highly recommend it. Although we did attend a sales presentation (and didn't buy), we weren't required to do so and they weren't pushy at all.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer at Westin

We received an email offer earlier this year for the Westin Ka'anapali for 5 nights for $798 includes a 6 day Avis rental and $5000 star points. The telephone number on that email was 800-278-1488. When I called they asked about a Preferred Invitation number (that was in the email). So you may have to tell them you do not have one, you lost it, or you will have to play it by ear. I asked if this rate required a timeshare presentation requirement, they said no.

There are probably several ways to get on their list. I believe I got the emails from both Starwood and Hyatt is that I am signed up in their hotel rewards program. When you sign up (or if you are already a member, go in and edit your profile) and request that you are willing or want to receive their email promotions.

I usually get 2-3 email promotions a year.

I got one last week from Hyatt in SAN Antonio if anyone is interested in the specifics, something like 3 nights for $199 with a required timeshare presentation.

Good luck.

Thunder Up

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I was told by the Vistana sales guy that my invitation came from someone who recommended me (in other words, someone i know). I know I can recommend others and they'll send them an invitation (probably after qualifying them). They give the owners some extra SPG star points.

So if you want an invitation for these $695 5-day holidays, just email an owner. :D

BTW, I have no idea who actually recommended us.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Dang, I never get these deals.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

I just received a similar offer for Princeville. 5 nights in an Island view Studio for $795. That includes a Avis car credit and 5000 Hawaiian Airlines Miles... I would probably rather have SPG points, but i do collect Hawaiian miles. I have not decided for sure but giving this some thought as a way to tryout something other than an HGVC T/S. I like Kauai but only ever stayed in Poipu... so this would let us sample lots of different experiences...

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I just received a similar offer for Princeville. 5 nights in an Island view Studio for $795. That includes a Avis car credit and 5000 Hawaiian Airlines Miles... I would probably rather have SPG points, but i do collect Hawaiian miles. I have not decided for sure but giving this some thought as a way to tryout something other than an HGVC T/S. I like Kauai but only ever stayed in Poipu... so this would let us sample lots of different experiences...

Call them and tell them you want SPG points instead. I didn't like the dates they had when I went to Maui, and they found some space later.

Also, just so you know, the Sheraton Kauai, on Poipu Beach, is adding timeshares..

"The timeshare project will be to the north of the existing hotel including a portion of the parking lot and adjoining land."

Just google it. But it probably won't be open for a long time.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was trying to research this resort a bit more before i commit and accept this offer. Most of the TUG reviews are positive, Tripadvisor is more mixed, some people love and other seem to have had a bad experience... Though many of bad reviews seem like people don't realize the difference between a hotel and timeshare..

There were a few where people mentioned have very poor views from the Island View studios, such as direct view of the power facility or a dumpster. Is that typical for the island view studios at this resort or are most decent and just few bad views? Since the promo rate is pretty low, what are the odds that you get one of the rooms with a view of the dumpster and utilities?

Also I assume this is new enough for the rooms to have A/C?

Thanks

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was trying to research this resort a bit more before i commit and accept this offer. Most of the TUG reviews are positive, Tripadvisor is more mixed, some people love and other seem to have had a bad experience... Though many of bad reviews seem like people don't realize the difference between a hotel and timeshare..

There were a few where people mentioned have very poor views from the Island View studios, such as direct view of the power facility or a dumpster. Is that typical for the island view studios at this resort or are most decent and just few bad views? Since the promo rate is pretty low, what are the odds that you get one of the rooms with a view of the dumpster and utilities?

Thanks

WPORV is a great resort, and northern Kauai is beautiful - avoid rainy periods.
Villas have AC. We prefer the 1Bd to the studio (space issue).

All the studios have views of dumpsters and power facilities... {Sarcasm}

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Thanks

If you take a look at the satellite view on google maps the dumpsters are in the corner, very few units face them. The majority face the golf course. This isn't a beachfront resort, it sits on a bluff, there is a trail down to the nearby Willye's beach. North Shore Kauai is very rural and scenic, a good place for hiking or just lazing by the pool with a good book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score

The location you get mostly depends on your place in the hierarchy: home resort owners are first on that list and are assigned to the best location at the resort. Reservations made by traders, plus those through SPG and other channels, will have a lower priority, though I don't know how the management rates these. It's really just a "crap shoot" as to where you will be located. You can request a preference but there is no guarantee. They DO try to recognize your preference if they can. It is a good idea to ask when you check in.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV is a great resort, and northern Kauai is beautiful - avoid rainy periods.
Villas have AC. We prefer the 1Bd to the studio (space issue).

All the studios have views of dumpsters and power facilities... {Sarcasm}

Thanks, We also prefer a 1Bd, and almost never book a studio when we for a Condo... But since the offer is for a studio, i am trying to decide if the "savings" are worth it..

As for the view, it sounds and looks like most are decent with a few poor ones.. I am SPG Gold, but otherwise don't have any status in this system so it will be just luck where i get assigned if we go for this..

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Thanks, We also prefer a 1Bd, and almost never book a studio when we for a Condo... But since the offer is for a studio, i am trying to decide if the "savings" are worth it..

As for the view, it sounds and looks like most are decent with a few poor ones.. I am SPG Gold, but otherwise don't have any status in this system so it will be just luck where i get assigned if we go for this..

We have visited several times during low season using both StarOptions and Interval to grab units. We have had no bad views, although only once were we assigned an excellent view.

I think the key to avoid being stuck in a suite with a really bad view is to visit during weeks the place is not overflowing with owners and guests.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)

Your SPG gold status won't count when you stay at the Vistana timeshares. It is spelled out specifically. And especially when you use those low-ball priced invitations.