• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm clearly out of the Starwood loop...

mandoggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my Sdo booked but wanted to change the dates. She told me since that property was not part of the Starwood network ( bought second hand) we cannot book any weeks outside of our ownership dates. Can someone confirm this? We bought WKV second hand with options does the same rule apply now?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have my Sdo booked but wanted to change the dates. She told me since that property was not part of the Starwood network ( bought second hand) we cannot book any weeks outside of our ownership dates. Can someone confirm this? We bought WKV second hand with options does the same rule apply now?

What she was really saying is that to book weeks OUTSIDE your season, you have to have Staroptions, and since resales at SDO don't have Staroptions, you can only book a week in the season you own. What season do you own?

WKV is a little different, because resales at WKV DO have Staroptions. So with WKV, you can make home resort reservations for your season, and/or you can make a Staroption reservations outside your season.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
SDO is not a mandatory resort, so I believe that is correct. WKV is a mandatory resort, so the StarOptions carry over to a resale purchaser. So you can definitely reserve time using your WKV SO's outside of your season and at other SVN resorts.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My Sdo is a true platinum with no options and Wkv is with options.

Plat Season = weeks 1-21 & 50-52.

Gold Plus Season = weeks 1-52

This oddity is because another company built SDO, and sold part of it, and then Starwood bought it, and changed the seasons on the unsold weeks.

The original company was selling everything as 1-52, and then Starwood sold the remaining weeks as 3 seasons.

Last edited:

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I didn't know that

Plat Season = weeks 1-21 & 50-52.

Gold Plus Season = weeks 1-52

This oddity is because another company built SDO, and sold part of it, and then Starwood bought it, and changed the seasons on the unsold weeks.

The original company was selling everything as 1-52, and then Starwood sold the remaining weeks as 3 seasons.

I own Gold Plus and didn't know why there are different reservation options. Thanks for explaining the differences.

Our ownership has served us well so far.

Do you happen to know if any weeks in January 2015 are available to reserve?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The whole month of January is wide open - the only time it's hard to get into this resort is March = MLB Spring Training.