• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Plantation :( [merged]

leslie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased this three years ago through resale, so far could only got one week, last summer, while we enjoyed our week, want to keep it maybe? Since it is a resale cannot trade or bank with Starwood, would have to put it in II, then could I get a week next summer, most likely not.
Teacher travel within the school schedule, weeks are available in Sept. I put it on the rental board, so far no response? Any suggestions, I would love to be able to add to a two unit rental next summer? Leslie

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you own a 9-43 float and need a summer week , you need to prepay your mf,s and reserve 10-12 months in advance. If you need a specific summer weekbyou should call at exactly 12 months in advance.

Renting non summer months can be difficult. The nice thing though is you can wait up until the day before check in to cancel your reservation and deposit it in II without a penalty.

Starwood rarely deposits summer sbp weeks in ii. They deposit co, az, fl and desert ca weeks in the summer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
lesliemh56 - Can you please clarify what you are asking?

leslie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Broadway Plantation :(

:(:( We bought a resale three years ago, have only been able to get one summer week, we have floating weeks throughout summer and most holidays. Because it was resale no bank or borrow of that week? ]What should we do, I have been on the phone today and only availability for next summer is August if I prepay my dues? I am ready to just leave this one, we have two others TV in Las Vegas, and DVC. Any suggestions??? Please help need any information can be helpful. Leslieh

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
:(:( We bought a resale three years ago, have only been able to get one summer week, we have floating weeks throughout summer and most holidays. Because it was resale no bank or borrow of that week? ]What should we do, I have been on the phone today and only availability for next summer is August if I prepay my dues? I am ready to just leave this one, we have two others TV in Las Vegas, and DVC. Any suggestions??? Please help need any information can be helpful. Leslieh

Since it's a resale, you only option for next year will be to keep looking for a cancellation, or deposit to II or RCI.

You do need to prepay your fees to make a reservation. You definitely need to book right at the 12 month mark for a summer week; the float period is so long, and all of those owners want to go when it's warm. Also, if you are in the original Plantation section you can book your deeded week at the 24 to 12 month period. If you're deeded to one of the summer weeks that's definitely what I'd look to do.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have merged your posts, because you also asked about this in July.

Did you know that you can book your week 12 mos. + 1 day before check-in, at 12 midnight eastern, at www.mystarcentral.com. For a July reservation, you really need to do that at that time. For instance, for July 4, 2015, you should have gone online on July 3, 2014, at 12 midnight, Eastern to make the reservation.

If you can't use it in 2015, you could go ahead and reserve an early August date, and rent it, or deposit it with Interval International.

What should we do, I have been on the phone today and only availability for next summer is August if I prepay my dues?

You only have to prepay your maintenance fee to deposit it with Interval International, NOT to make a reservation.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
My advice is to learn the Starwood system so that you can actually use the week you bought. You can book 12 months in advance if you own at a resort, even farther in advance with some SBP units.

In addition to this, keep calling and seeing if you can get a summer week. Inventory changes all the time.

If your comment "I am ready to just leave this one" means you are considering just abandoning the unit, by virtue of not paying the dues, then you'll hardly get support for that here. Why? Because Starwood doesn't absorb the cost of those delinquent MFs; the other SBP owners do.

No, if you don't want it any more, then put an ad on the Tug Classifieds offering the unit up to a buyer for free. A summer week should be worth something. Ads are free for Tug members.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have merged your posts, because you also asked about this in July.

Did you know that you can book your week 12 mos. + 1 day before check-in, at 12 midnight eastern, at www.mystarcentral.com. For a July reservation, you really need to do that at that time. For instance, for July 4, 2015, you should have gone online on July 3, 2014, at 12 midnight, Eastern to make the reservation.

If you can't use it in 2015, you could go ahead and reserve an early August date, and rent it, or deposit it with Interval International.

You only have to prepay your maintenance fee to deposit it with Interval International, NOT to make a reservation.

Denise, SBP has different rules. They have always made non SVN owners pre-pay MF even if using their own week- not just to deposit with RCI or II (unlike SDO). If you haven't prepaid the MF's and try to book online it will indicate that you need to call and take care of the following years fees before completing a reservation.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise, SBP has different rules. They have always made non SVN owners pre-pay MF even if using their own week- not just to deposit with RCI or II (unlike SDO). If you haven't prepaid the MF's and try to book online it will indicate that you need to call and take care of the following years fees before completing a reservation.

That's correct. SBP started requiring prepayment even for just reserving your own week couple of years ago.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Oh - really? I'm sorry, I didn't know that! :eek:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
maybe not always then but at least for the last 5 years. This wasn't a part of the change that happened 2 years ago when all starwood weeks, svn or not had to start pre-paying if they were depositing with an exchange company.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Pay your MF and deposit with Interval. We have never had a problem with confirming a summer week. But like others have stated, in the future make what reservations you want at the 12 month mark. We have been able to reserve the Jul 4th week with no problems over the years. Great week to rent.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that you can get the July 4th week - but I was on at midnight and had prepaid the MF.

I looked again the next day and all 2 bdrm units were gone by about 11am - but that is probably the most in demand week of the year. YMMV.

Craig

leslie

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies

I am kinda bugged out, I did call last month trying to get a week in the early fall 2014 and was told that I had to Prepay to book for next year, I didn't want to put out another years fees for nothing at this point. If I put it in II what are my chances or going back to MB next summer? If not I may list it for FREE.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am kinda bugged out, I did call last month trying to get a week in the early fall 2014 and was told that I had to Prepay to book for next year, I didn't want to put out another years fees for nothing at this point. If I put it in II what are my chances or going back to MB next summer? If not I may list it for FREE.

Sorry for the confusion, at most Starwood resorts you do NOT have to pay to make a reservation, but owners at the resort have confirmed that you do indeed have to pay to make a reservation at SBP.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with this timeshare, you just need to make the reservation exactly at 12 mos. before check-in, if you want to reserve a high demand date.

You have far less chance of getting a prime week though II - your best bet is to make a home resort reservation, at 12 mos.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you called last month to get a week for this fall, you should not have had to prepay next year's fees. The rep must have misunderstood you.

That being said, if you prepay your 2015 fees today there are 2 bedroom units available for check in August 7th, 8th or 9th. I would do that today and at least lock in that reservation.

Last edited: