• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Say it isn't so: Fairfield salesman lies, lies

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently used my fixed Summer Fairfield week. They tried to sell me another fairfield unit so I could convert to points. They said no one would want my fixed week 29 and it wouldn't exchange well (blatant lie) and weeks were obsolite.

They also said Only if I bought a second week from Fairfield could I convert my current week to points. Buying a resale wouldn't do it. Is that true? they said I could swap my week for another Fairfield week at a diferent resort for no exchange fee. Anyone ever had any luck doing that?

I am happy with my fixed week. Just wondering if all of this was lies or just part of it. I shot the Fairfield guy down with all my TUG gained data and had fun doing it. These people prey on the innocent and naive!

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
mamiecarter said:
I recently used my fixed Summer Fairfield week. They tried to sell me another Fairfield unit so I could convert to points. They said no one would want my fixed week 29 and it wouldn't exchange well (blatant lie) and weeks were obsolete.
As you know, a summer fixed Fairfield week can trade quite well.
mamiecarter said:
They also said only if I bought a second week from Fairfield could I convert my current week to points. Buying a resale wouldn't do it. Is that true?
Maybe, maybe not. In the past, Fairfield has charged about $2400 to convert a fixed week to points. This fee is waived if one buys enough points from Fairfield. I don't know if Fairfield still does fixed week conversions for a fee or not; you'd have to call Fairfield Corporate to find out or ask if someone on this board has done so successfully recently.
mamiecarter said:
They said I could swap my week for another Fairfield week at a diferent resort for no exchange fee. Anyone ever had any luck doing that?
Yes, many times, when exchanging within the FairShare Plus points system there is NO exchange fee. There is an exchange fee if you exchange in RCI or II rather than within Fairfield, though.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the standard line of points salesmen to try to stampede weeks people into points. You are better off with your nice summer fixed week.

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They tried to get me to convert to Bluegreen points too. No way! My fixed summer weeks trade great. I have no competition for a great week to bank into RCI and can start a search two years in advance which is a great advantage. When I looked in their points book my unit wouldn't have given me enough points to trade into the Pono Kai on Kauai yet I stayed a Lawai Beach Resort and Shearwater both nicer resorts with an even exchange with my fixed summer week.

timbuktu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly, My fixed 4th of July week trades very well. When I traded for Carlsbad Seapointe I would have needed to give up two weeks ( points equivalent) to get the same week. Surprisingly when I pointed this out to a very nice saleswoman she said "stick with your week";)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Carolinian said:
This is the standard line of points salesmen to try to stampede weeks people into points. You are better off with your nice summer fixed week.
Yep. It's just like the that weeks salesman lies that you can trade any week for any other week.

candid

Reaction score
A timeshare salesman lied? LOL!