• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland Hotels

cgingrich

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to stay in ANaheim close to the parks? We're going this weekend, 2 adults and 12 year old. Also anysuggestions on renting a car or shuttle or taxi?

chris

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My daughter and I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, which is on Harbor Blvd. It's not a far walk to the park and they also have a shuttle that goes from the hotel to the park. We were pleased with the hotel. We did not rent a car since the only thing we planned to do was to visit Disney. Took Super Shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back. And then just walked to and from the parks.

If you go to the Disney website you can take a look at all of what they call their "Good Neighbor" hotels and see them on a map. They also have a brief description of each of them. That might give you an idea of what is available. There are tons of hotels and motels near Disneyland.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...nh/landing?name=GoodNeighborHotelsLandingPage

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Earlier this month we stayed in a 2-rm. suite at the new Doubletree on an internet rate of $119 a night. It's brand new and has a microwave, sm. refrig., 2 TVs, video games on TVs. We really liked it. There were 2 queens in the bedroom and a sofa-bed in the other room. It is within walking distance of DL, but we had free parking passes so we drove. There is a clean and inexpensive Denny's right across the street.

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SNADCDT

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Fairfield -- it is walking distance from Disneyland. Their rates do not include breakfast. They a mini breakfast bar (for fee). Mimi's and McDonalds are nearby for breakfast.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try www.getawaytoday.com

I've used my Starwood points to stay at the Sheraton that looks like a castle and found the rooms to be very large. We could easily have had 2 roll aways in that room. We've also stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Fullerton a couple of times. It's decent and an easy drive. If you get your Disney tickets through AAA, you get free parking, so driving to the park is not a bad option.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
cgingrich said:
Thanks everyone for your help, we're off to Mickey land today:)

And where did you decide to stay?

Have fun with the mouse. :D

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a two bedroom suite (1 King, 2 ful Beds, Queen Sofabed) at Staybridges Suites, Anaheim located about 1 3/4 miles from Disneyland. Also it included breaskfast every day. It has a nice pool, a business center and a full basketball course.

Last edited:

Carl D

Reaction score
Disney's Grand Californian is running a nice special. I believe it's around $270/night after taxes. If there are still rooms left at this rate, it's a steal.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Carl D said:
Disney's Grand Californian is running a nice special. I believe it's around $270/night after taxes. If there are still rooms left at this rate, it's a steal.

That may be a "steal" for that hotel, but still much more than I'd want to spend. When we go to Disney we spend most of our time in the parks, not at the hotel. ;)

Carl D

Reaction score
Luanne said:
That may be a "steal" for that hotel, but still much more than I'd want to spend. When we go to Disney we spend most of our time in the parks, not at the hotel. ;)
Indeed that may be true for your family, but I am just pointing out a nice bargain for those of us who prefer Disney accoommodations. :)

Truly a first class hotel at a reasonable rate.