• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TimeshareNation

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Any update on this? Thanks.

I have started the process to acquire the week I want. I have been in touch via phone with the transfer agent/realtor/broker, as well as a resort company rep that handles these transfers and it seems to be legit. Timeshare Nation is a marketer/go between co./person that connects a buyer with the transfer agent , but I really don't understand the whole concept. I did receive a copy of the original deed and estoppel upon requesting it.

I signed a purchase agreement and a basic info form for the resort. I was a little nervous because I had to send copies of our drivers licenses and our SS#'s to the transfer agent (Duncan Realty).

Per the estoppel, this resort does not allow transfers unless all maintenance fees and the mortgage is paid and no liens, so that protects me. Supposedly it takes 60-120 days for all to go through if there are no problems.

I just sent the forms yesterday and I haven't heard anything else from Timeshare Nation or Duncan Realty.

I sent an email to the resort to ask a question about the unit/amenities and haven't heard back from them yet either.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
There was also a CC on the email from Duncan Realty to monique@ timeshareequity.com, whoever that is, (Canada and Cancun addresses) as well as ryanlipp1 @ me.com, who is actually the rep at timeshare nation I have been dealing with. (odd email)

Duncan Realty's email addresses are all aol email addresses, which is unusual for a business I think.

It's all very mysterious......LOL!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

What is this timeshare business you have? You have a business based on a Facebook Page? Really?

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

Hi mpumilia, I'm interested too on how it works out for you with Timeshare Nation. Hope the process goes well. I saw a resale ad in the Tug Marketplace from them that was appealing.

thanks!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hi mpumilia, I'm interested too on how it works out for you with Timeshare Nation. Hope the process goes well. I saw a resale ad in the Tug Marketplace from them that was appealing.

thanks!

Will let you know. At this point I spoke with the contact person again at Innseasons and, per her request, also sent her our ID and their own buyer info. form directly. She said she sent an email to Duncan realty that she is now awaiting the original transfer paperwork from the buyer (no copies allowed). Ryan from Timeshare Nation sent me an email stating that he has seen emails back and forth from Duncan and TimeShare Equity requesting the documents signed by the owner, which then should be sent to me as well.

Just a waiting game now....

It's interesting. According to the deed the buyer paid $500 for this week and has only owned it a little over a year. On top of that, he (a Spanish, single man) lives in National City, California-below San Diego-not too far from the Mexican border. He bought a timeshare in northern NH? Timeshare equity is based in Mexico (and Canada). Hmmmmm......

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Update

Well, thus far we have been approved by the resort as owners and now the resort is just awaiting the current owners notarized signature on the Quit Claim Deed, which Duncan is going to obtain and forward to the resort. Then it can be filed and the new ownership certificate with our names will be signed by the resort official and we should be done! keeping my fingers crossed!:)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just picked up a couple weeks from Ryan at Timesharenation also. I sent my
Paperwork in and the transfer company let me know they have all the info
They need to get them transferred, we'll see. So far so god. On my form
It asked for my SSN but it said you can leave it blank and have the resort
Contact me if it's needed. I did leave it blank because I know the resort doesn't
Require it.

Mine seems to be moving along well. I'll post when it's done.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just picked up a couple weeks from Ryan at Timesharenation also. I sent my
Paperwork in and the transfer company let me know they have all the info
They need to get them transferred, we'll see. So far so god. On my form
It asked for my SSN but it said you can leave it blank and have the resort
Contact me if it's needed. I did leave it blank because I know the resort doesn't
Require it.

Mine seems to be moving along well. I'll post when it's done.

That's good news! I will post when mine finalized as well! If all works out, this will certainly be a nice option for other people looking for free timeshares.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have been happy with the communication so far. Not much to do but wait
Now. I know how long they take so we'll see.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have been happy with the communication so far. Not much to do but wait
Now. I know how long they take so we'll see.

Right. Actually, for me it has been going very quickly so far. Ryan is very good with communicating. Duncan also. As I mentioned, I took it upon myself to contact the person handling it from the resort company's end as well to make sure we are all on the same page and that all is legitimate. This way, the resort also had my email and phone number and some things could possibly be expedited, like doing the background check on me and my husband..

I think with the Timeshare Nation business model, it is a work in progress that Ryan is tweaking on an on-going basis. So far, so good.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Thanks for the updates. Glad to hear it's going well so far.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Right now just waiting for the owner to sign and have notarized a Quit Claim Deed and then the resort signs a certificate. Duncan says the resort does not use traditional deeds anymore like in the old days-just transfer paperwork. Anyone know what that means? This is a deeded week, but the paperwork is handled differently now.(?)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They fed exed the deeds to me to sign In front of the notary and I sent them
Back, they paid for the FedEx both ways. Now the sellers have to sign and it
Gets sent in for recording. So far so good.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
They fed exed the deeds to me to sign In front of the notary and I sent them
Back, they paid for the FedEx both ways. Now the sellers have to sign and it
Gets sent in for recording. So far so good.

With mine, the current owner's deed was only signed by the previous owners before him but NOT by him, but his name was on the deed as the buyer. He paid $500 for the timeshare a little over one year ago. Now, a year later, the resort is doing the acquisition differently with no traditional deed? I don't get it. I didn't sign anything but a Purchase Agreement and I don't think I will be signing anything else. The final document is called a Certificate of Beneficial Interval Ownership (Trust) that someone at the resort signs when they get the signed and notarized Quit Claim Deed from the owner.

Has anyone ever heard of this type of document?

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Never heard of that one. Mine is going very similar as my other aquistions.
As long as the seller signs quickly it should go well.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Never heard of that one. Mine is going very similar as my other aquistions.
As long as the seller signs quickly it should go well.

Yes- good luck!

I only have a timeshare bought from the developer in 1999, so this is all new to me. This resort , like most, has gone to points, but there are a lot of owners who kept weeks, of which the one I am acquiring is one of them. But the resort isn't using standard deeds anymore, according to Duncan, but this certificate instead. I have a copy of the unsigned certificate and it does state the exclusive use of the particular unit for the exact week every year, unlimited, no term. Just something new they are doing I guess.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great experience!

I picked up a free timeshare from Ryan at Timeshare Nation and had a great experience with Ryan and the Duncan Realty for the closing.

I signed the contract on 2/14 and I just confirmed with Starwood that the transfer has been completed and I just logged on to my new Starwood account :cheer:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I picked up a free timeshare from Ryan at Timeshare Nation and had a great experience with Ryan and the Duncan Realty for the closing.

I signed the contract on 2/14 and I just confirmed with Starwood that the transfer has been completed and I just logged on to my new Starwood account :cheer:

Fabulous!

I am still waiting for the transfer to go through. The signed quit claim deed was sent from Duncan to Innseasons on Monday, 3/9, so it shouldn't be too much longer. The Certificate (which I guess replaces the deed in my case) should then be signed by Innseasons and filed with the county and then the transfer should go through. What held it up is that Innseasons did not request the signed quit claim deed until other paperwork they require was done, instead of just asking for everything at once. They evidently have a procedure to work in certain steps.

I guess at that point an account will be set up with VRI (since they manage the Innseasons Resorts) and then I can confirm my usage for this year. Trying to be patient!

If all goes well with all of us I guess we can start recommending Time Share Nation as a viable source for acquiring free timeshares here on TUG.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Ok. So the Quit Claim deed was sent/brought to the county yesterday. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for a deed to transfer at this point in the process?

I came upon a form on the owners resort FB page where as owners must fill it in to indicate their intent to use their weeks or points each year. It states on the form that there is a time frame for making sure they know what your intentions are for use of your week, but the exact timeframe is not indicated on the form. I filled it in and sent it via email to VRI indicating our situation and our intent to use the week this summer. I haven't heard back from them as of yet.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ok. So the Quit Claim deed was sent/brought to the county yesterday. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for a deed to transfer at this point in the process?

Depending on whether the deed was snail mailed or transferred electronically, you still have a wait time until the county receives the deed, and records it.

After it's recorded, the county sends it BACK to the title company.

Then the title company sends it to the resort's title office and they have to change it in their system - so you still have a way to go.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Depending on whether the deed was snail mailed or transferred electronically, you still have a wait time until the county receives the deed, and records it.

After it's recorded, the county sends it BACK to the title company.

Then the title company sends it to the resort's title office and they have to change it in their system - so you still have a way to go.

Thanks, Denise. Not sure how they sent it. The resort company did say they would send a screen shot of the recorded deed when the county scans it in. Ugh! I am very impatient! I just want to make sure we are ok to use the week this summer!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks, Denise. Not sure how they sent it. The resort company did say they would send a screen shot of the recorded deed when the county scans it in. Ugh! I am very impatient! I just want to make sure we are ok to use the week this summer!

They should (eventually) send you a copy of the actual recorded & stamped deed - not just a screen shot.

However, a screen shot sounds like it was e-filed, which will be faster.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
They should (eventually) send you a copy of the actual recorded & stamped deed - not just a screen shot.

However, a screen shot sounds like it was e-filed, which will be faster.

I sent an email to the resort to ask how they sent it, just so I have a sense of the timeframe. Thanks again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent an email to the resort to ask how they sent it, just so I have a sense of the timeframe. Thanks again.

Do you mean you sent an email to the transfer company/title company? Because the resort won't have that info.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most resorts just need a printout, which for most counties can be gotten online. Some closing companies want to wait until they get the original back but I doubt they have to. It adds unnecessary time.