• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to an RCI Membership

memereDoris

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Other people have had to fight tooth & nail to keep II (or reverse it when Wyndham decided to switch them to RCI to "help them out").

Finally Wyndham will let me switch to RCI. I just got an email stating: "A review of your account this afternoon shows that you do have II as your exchange company. After speaking with our internal department you will be transitioned from II to RCI. We do apologize for the delay and any inconveniences this has caused your ownership." :whoopie:

hammock pilot

Reaction score
[Misplaced]

[Advertising is strictly prohibited in the discussion forums - two places you can advertise your timeshare are the Bargain Deals Forum, and the Marketplace.]

Last edited by a moderator:

blazin4qb

TUG Member
Reaction score
blazin4qb ... great question.

Last year, my wife and I set out to find the cheapest way into RCI and ended up purchasing a Triennial at The Grandview at Las Vegas from a seller on ebay. I paid a couple hundred dollars for the property, plus closing costs.

Our maintenance fees are $116.50/yr ... which is part of why we wanted this property. I couldn't find less expensive maintenance fees anywhere else.

Once you add up the costs of the property, closing costs, joining RCI, etc, we were around $700 - 800 for everything. We feel it was a good investment.

We're actually staying at The Grandview right now and it's great. We reserved 4 weeks in a row as Extra Vacations through RCI for $209 each. February is a good month the visit Las Vegas.

Thanks for sharing thats definitely something I'm looking into owning. I've just been doing a lot of research these past few weeks and hopefully i can find a good one too.

blazin4qb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me evaluate this property? looks like an okay deal for what I'm looking to purchase. Im leaning towards Sumday for my first TS purchase via eBay or their website. What i don't understand is why this property is low on eBay but on their website shows a lot higher pricing. Could someone tell me the RCI TPU? Is paying $390 maintenance yearly on a property i only use every other year worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111598605889?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone help me evaluate this property? looks like an okay deal for what I'm looking to purchase. Im leaning towards Sumday for my first TS purchase via eBay or their website. What i don't understand is why this property is low on eBay but on their website shows a lot higher pricing. Could someone tell me the RCI TPU? Is paying $390 maintenance yearly on a property i only use every other year worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111598605889?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

18 TPUs as a 4 bedroom or 14 TPUS each as two 2 bedrooms. 780/28=$27.85 per tpu. Way too high $ per tpu. keep looking.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Before you buy make sure the resort is affiliated with RCI

blazin4qb

TUG Member
Reaction score
18 TPUs as a 4 bedroom or 14 TPUS each as two 2 bedrooms. 780/28=$27.85 per tpu. Way too high $ per tpu. keep looking.

could anyone give me an example of a good TS being offered that would be good for me? i wouldn't mind spending a few hundred dollars for a high TPU if possible. Im just beginning to get restless and frustrated trying to do this on my own:crash:. If i could see a few posted examples it would help me to have more accurate expectations. I don't know if my requests are realistic but hopefully you can help me out.:bawl:

My Wants
Low Maintenance
# of Rooms: 3 or 4
Price for TS: Under $500 to buy if need be
Type: Annual or Biennial also an option
Location: Pocono Mountains (Red Week) or Orlando (July/August)

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
could anyone give me an example of a good TS being offered that would be good for me?

Not saying this is the final answer but take a look at RCI points with Vacation Village at Parkway (near Disney World). There are usually a few listed on eBay and they are cheap. That's not a bad way to get started and then you'll be able to learn more from there.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about DAE?

I see you all talking RCI, but I have another suggestion. Trading Places has Hot Deals under the Rentals tab for last minute rentals. They run $249 and up depending on unit size and there is no cost or need to join.

Don't forget DAE too. Plenty of rentals available nationwide.