• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Anyone know about Resort Share

ks1151

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a mailer from company called Resort Share out of Irvine, CA. Don't know much about them yet except to say they claim to get you out of your timeshare maintenance fee obligation by signing over deed to them, provided TS is paid for and fee payments are up to date. They charge zero upfront fees and allow you to rent back from them resort stays as you wish on a "pay as you go basis". Anyone know about them?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am having a really hard time believing there are no fees, because that is not a sustainable business model.

I suspect that once you get deeper into it, they will reveal some fees. Like a club membership fee, and yearly club fees.

DVC-NBNC

Reaction score
it appears that they have teamed up with priceline. They are offering TS accommodations on booking.com and priceline.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is the same company, or at least they share the same address and

http://optimalownercare.com/

"we are the first and leading rental/management agency for Wyndham® Vacation Owners worldwide,"

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having a really hard time believing there are no fees, because that is not a sustainable business model.

I suspect that once you get deeper into it, they will reveal some fees. Like a club membership fee, and yearly club fees.

Im operating on a much smaller scale than they are, but I found the no fee model works for me.

Much of what I own I obtained with the same offer, "end your maintenance fee obligation. Deed your timeshare to my rental company" and you can rent from me on a pay as you go basis, for no more than your maintenance fees"

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought you were the leading Wyndham rental company ...

no..Im peanuts compared to these guys

When I talked to them about managing some of my points I would have been their biggest "landlord" but not big enough to insist on special treatment. They dont pay until a week or so after check out. I wanted to be paid when they make the reservation...They refused, so I went somewhere else

Bottom line Im just one points supplier of many that my guy manages for

Ive said it before, The real mega renters are the guys that run these points management companies. I just pick up the scraps from under their table.

Thao1

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Resortshare team is very dedicated, young, passionated at what they are doing now to help all Timeshare owners maximize the benifits as the owners also minimize the cost of it.$0.00 upfront is totally true. They only pay the owners all of rentals that actually check out and pay day is 15 of the following month for all of rentals in the previous month. The only reason they do that is because they have thousands of rentals to reconcile and in this kind of industry, it is time consuming for accounting to process. I know a lot about this team that i believe they are changing the world!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi guys,
Resortshare team is very dedicated, young, passionated at what they are doing now to help all Timeshare owners maximize the benifits as the owners also minimize the cost of it.$0.00 upfront is totally true. They only pay the owners all of rentals that actually check out and pay day is 15 of the following month for all of rentals in the previous month. The only reason they do that is because they have thousands of rentals to reconcile and in this kind of industry, it is time consuming for accounting to process. I know a lot about this team that i believe they are changing the world!!!

I don't suppose you WORK for them? :rolleyes:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to "Thao":

Passionated (is that similar to caffeinated, or did you mean passionate?) and changing the world? Sign me up right now!!! Are "operators standing by to take my call?" :D

P.S. Thao and Theo may differ by just one letter in print, but we are otherwise likely worlds apart in any and every other possible way. Nice first / shill post though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Passionated and changing the world? Sign me up right now!!! Are "operators standing by to take my call?" :D

Sorry, the 15th is coming up and they are reconciling thousands of rental transactions.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Jay_Y

TUG Member
Reaction score
,Good Morning, Everybody!

I’m Jay Yadon, the president and co-founder of ResortShare. The community Admin here, Doug Wilson, has given me the okay to participate in this discussion, and I am sincerely grateful to all community members who take the time to read this.

First, I want to take full responsibility for Thao’s comment on this thread. It is completely my fault for not making our company policy about forum participation clearer to all employees. While we do encourage our staff to be socially active on the web, we require that they clearly identify themselves as ResortShare employees in any discussion about the company. Anything else is not acceptable and is a disservice to a community like this one. Thao didn’t know our policy, and that’s on me. I have scheduled a company-wide meeting to be certain that every single person who works in our office is clearly informed of our policy. Please, accept my sincere apology, everybody. I feel very badly that this happened.

I also want to offer complete transparency here regarding the evolution of my company. In a nutshell, when we first joined the timeshare industry, my partners and I initially took a piecemeal approach to branding different services, like renting and deed transfers, separately. Through working with clients, it became clear to us that it would be better for them and simpler for us to consolidate all of our services into a single brand. The details of all of this progressed in this fashion:

1) Optimal Owner Care - This has been our brand for helping clients book vacations and manage ownership.
2) Keys Without Fees – This has been our brand for clients needing to sell/transfer timeshares.
3) Roamba – This has been our brand for clients looking to rent unused timeshare.
4) ResortShare – This is the brand into which we are consolidating all of the above. We are phasing out the first 3 businesses so that we can create a single, clear brand.

This whole experience has been a learning process for me, and I wanted to be sure that everyone here in the community had a clear outline of who we’ve been and where we are headed in terms of consolidated branding.

Finally, I want to recognize the completely legitimate skepticism and concern that exist in a community like TUG BBS – they exist for very good reasons. One of these reasons has been plainly highlighted by this thread – I haven’t emphasized our social participation policies clearly enough to new staff members. It’s my responsibility to take steps to correct this. Another reason is the number of offers, pitches and cold calls every timeshare owner is subjected to. Of course, any company is going to market itself, but who is legitimate? Who can you trust?

Here at TUG BBS, the community is right to trust Admins like Denise, Brian and Doug. I would like to personally extend an invitation to any administrator here to come to our office in Irvine, CA. for a couple of days. I will pay your travel expenses, pick you up at the airport, give you a tour of the company and sit down with you to chat about everything you have learned about the needs of timeshare owners through administrating this community. I respect the exceptional knowledge you have gained from helping owners here, day in and day out, and would so appreciate the opportunity of being able to show you how my team is working to build a resource that treats owners with the honesty and respect they deserve. If you’re interested in coming to visit us, here is my contact information:

[contact info. deleted - per forum rules. If you wish to contact directly, click on his username at the top-left of this post]

Company address: 2465 Campus Drive Irvine, CA 92612

It would be my pleasure to have you come visit us, Denise, Brian and Doug. Please, let me know if you’d like to come see us.

I came into this industry as a timeshare owner myself, and it is my professional dream to build a respected, trustworthy company – but I know trust is something you earn, person by person. I’m committed to earning that trust and since founding ResortShare in 2011, we have earned an A+ rating on the BBB with no registered complaints, and customer testimonials of which we’re really proud. I don’t believe we have any dissatisfied customers here in this community, but if we do, please accept this as my invitation to contact me personally. Constructive feedback from our customers is vital to our growth and will be taken seriously, I promise. I am very grateful for the opportunity that’s been given to me to respond, and welcome any questions from the community. Thank you for the chance to participate in this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo_2

Reaction score
resortshare is a legitimate company but theres a catch like always

they make money by either taking your deed and you pay all the costs which is abt 3 thousand dollars

or they pitch you on the rental program which first requires you buy points from their sister company which is called wholesale points. to qualify, you will spend around 30 thousand bucks on discounted points. even though it is techinically another company, they are the same employees in the same office. the points they sell you are just recycled from the other people who transferred their deeds to them so it is an endless cycle of ca$h. they get business by making cold calls all day.

look up the old threads about the cofounders and their old companies

its not a scam but its not really upfront or all about education like they claim to be. its another rebrand of their old schtick.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to make very clear that the preceding first-time post (#14 above) by "Theo 2" is one with which I have no affiliation whatsoever, despite the look-alike user name (which I do not appreciate) being unnecessarily adopted by this new registered guest, who is certainly not my (apparently punctuation / capitalization challenged) alter ego.

It has been said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I believe that in this particular instance it instead merely demonstrates a lack of consideration and / or any exercise of imagination. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jay_Y

TUG Member
Reaction score
resortshare is a legitimate company but theres a catch like always

they make money by either taking your deed and you pay all the costs which is abt 3 thousand dollars

or they pitch you on the rental program which first requires you buy points from their sister company which is called wholesale points. to qualify, you will spend around 30 thousand bucks on discounted points. even though it is techinically another company, they are the same employees in the same office. the points they sell you are just recycled from the other people who transferred their deeds to them so it is an endless cycle of ca$h. they get business by making cold calls all day.

look up the old threads about the cofounders and their old companies

its not a scam but its not really upfront or all about education like they claim to be. its another rebrand of their old schtick.

Hi Theo2,

Thanks for bringing some important topics to the discussion. I want to be sure I’ve provided accurate answers to each of the points you’ve raised here.

1) Our Timeshare Release Service for owners wanting to get rid of their timeshares - you are absolutely correct that ResortShare offers this, but our fee for this service is actually $1995, rather than the $3000 you’ve quoted. Our market research indicates that our pricing on this is commensurate with that of other legitimate companies. I think the main point to stress here for any owner looking to divest himself/herself of timeshare is that whatever company they choose charges zero upfront fees. In our case, no invoice is sent to the client until the legal deed transfer has been officially recorded at the county level. As the community here knows, this is so important!

2) Wholesale Points – again, you are correct, Theo2, about our relationship to this company, which is bonded and licensed by the Bureau of Real Estate of the State of California. However, obligatory purchasing of points has never been a part of the ResortShare business model. The only reason you would use a service like Wholesale Points is if you wanted to buy more timeshare – but we don’t require you to do this in any way.

3) Finally, I want to be sure I’ve clarified for you what it is that we do offer:

- Timeshare release services (mentioned above)
- Full-service concierge management of timeshare (including renting out unused timeshare, optimizing use, booking vacations, etc.). This is a month-by-month program with no long term contract. Customers can cancel at any time, or can stay aboard with us for the life of their timeshare ownership.
I’m grateful to you, Theo2, for letting me know you had some questions about how ResortShare works, and I hope my answer has helped to clarify a couple of points for you. I welcome any further questions from the community.

Jay Yadon

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In our case, no invoice is sent to the client until the legal deed transfer has been officially recorded at the county level. As the community here knows, this is so important!

You wait until after it is recorded? What's your recourse if they don't pay? Do you have a POA to transfer it back or do you just eventually write it off to bad debt?

Jay_Y

TUG Member
Reaction score
You wait until after it is recorded? What's your recourse if they don't pay? Do you have a POA to transfer it back or do you just eventually write it off to bad debt?

Great question....Once we have a copy of the recorded deed we send it in to the developer only after we collect payment. In the past we sent it in before payment was received and we had a few people (not a lot) that we had to write off as bad debt. We use a company called Resort Closings out of Montana to handle all of our backend transfers.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great question....Once we have a copy of the recorded deed we send it in to the developer only after we collect payment. In the past we sent it in before payment was received and we had a few people (not a lot) that we had to write off as bad debt. We use a company called Resort Closings out of Montana to handle all of our backend transfers.

That's a nice strategy. Not very many, or any of your customers are going to realize that they can simply send the deed in themselves.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

So if they don't pay you transfer the deed back to their name?

Jay_Y

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a nice strategy. Not very many, or any of your customers are going to realize that they can simply send the deed in themselves.

At the end of the day we are trying to help people get out of their timeshare, and if they choose to try and not pay us for services rendered then that's on them. We are trying to help clean up the way things in the timeshare industry are done, and we believe by doing what we say we are going to do and being a transparent organization then we are off to a great start.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day we are trying to help people get out of their timeshare, and if they choose to try and not pay us for services rendered then that's on them. We are trying to help clean up the way things in the timeshare industry are done, and we believe by doing what we say we are going to do and being a transparent organization then we are off to a great start.

I agree with you. I actually like your method of recording the deed first but withholding the transfer as leverage. I didn't think anyone recorded the deed first but I hadn't though of holding the transfer part back before getting paid. Most companies want to be paid up front before lifting a finger on anything so your process is a step up. I only sell my own stuff so I obviously cannot record the deed until I am paid but then again I am dealing with a buyer of a timeshare with value rather than a disposal.

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Up front fee charges

I don't charge anything up front before I lift a finger. I work with a lot of Brokers in the MLS that don't charge anything before they lift a finger. They
get paid when the Seller gets paid. Deal with a licensed real estate agent and you should never charge an upfront fee.

Jay_Y

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't charge anything up front before I lift a finger. I work with a lot of Brokers in the MLS that don't charge anything before they lift a finger. They
get paid when the Seller gets paid. Deal with a licensed real estate agent and you should never charge an upfront fee.

We are a licensed real estate brokerage as well.