• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Peppertree Atlantic Beach I bankruptcy

SheilaE

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the reply I got from Festiva on my inquiry...they don't even know when they will open - seems the 2-3 months quoted somewhere is probably not feasible.

Thank you for contacting Owner Services.... Currently your resort is closed due to repairs, so you may or may not be able to make an exchange this year, depending on when the resort opens back up. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you,
Member Services
Patton Hospitality Management
521 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801
855-411-9335

Mulligan101

Reaction score
This is the reply I got from Festiva on my inquiry...they don't even know when they will open - seems the 2-3 months quoted somewhere is probably not feasible.

Thank you for contacting Owner Services.... Currently your resort is closed due to repairs, so you may or may not be able to make an exchange this year, depending on when the resort opens back up. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you,
Member Services
521 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801
855-411-9335

Peppertree was on the front page of the local newspaper. The article is just a rehash of what is available at the Town of Atlantic Beach website, but apparently there have been numerous inquiries to the paper regarding the status of Peppertree and now all inquiries are being referred to the HOA attorney.

The article is available at
http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/...406-c508-11e5-b5aa-e78bef17a8ec.html?mode=jqm

Wonder how many more owners will lose their week (s) this year? I am pretty sure I won't be able to use mine!

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peppertree was on the front page of the local newspaper. The article is just a rehash of what is available at the Town of Atlantic Beach website, but apparently there have been numerous inquiries to the paper regarding the status of Peppertree and now all inquiries are being referred to the HOA attorney.

The article is available at
http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/...406-c508-11e5-b5aa-e78bef17a8ec.html?mode=jqm

Wonder how many more owners will lose their week (s) this year? I am pretty sure I won't be able to use mine!

I wonder when the class action lawsuit will be announced against the Management Co. and HOA for incompetence and neglecting their fiduciary responsibility to maintain the property with the maintenance fee reserves?

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Buildings 10-14 are being demolished and 1-9 soon to follow

I have it on good word that Buildings 10-14 are being demolished with 1-9 soon to follow. I also have it on good word that repairs to 15-25 have not started. What that means is that when the repairs do start there will be a 2-3 month time frame for the work to get done. People who own weeks before May should be worried about usage this year. I would be extremely upset if I had paid maintenance fees for January-April and possibly would not get to use my timeshare. People beware even May weeks could also be at issue if the repairs start later in the year. The bottom line is that whenever they start will determine which people get to use their timeshares this year. I hope The Board will get their act together. I emailed Tom Taylor in Angier, NC ttaylor372@aol.com and have not heard a word from him. Peppertree gave me his email address so feel free to email him and his phone number and address are readily available on the internet 871 N. Benton St
Angier, NC 27501
919-639-9444 I hope you have better luck than I had with a response.

allsmiles277

Reaction score

Thank you,
Member Services
521 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801
855-411-9335
Sheila.....I was told that by office staff at Peppertree earlier in January but I didn't believe them. I figured it would be later. The office staff is being told what to say so you can't rely on it. The latest post I made comes from reliable sources and seems to go along with link to article in newspaper posted before my last post.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Board member at Peppertree reached out to me

I just had a Board member reach out to me concerning the lack of information coming out. They told me that communication is coming out soon. I am happy a Board member reached out to me. I don't want to comment on the Memorial Day supposed deadline. I cannot be sure at this time of its accuracy. Just know according to the Board member I talked with that communication is on the way soon with information that we need to know.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had a Board member reach out to me concerning the lack of information coming out. They told me that communication is coming out soon. I am happy a Board member reached out to me. I don't want to comment on the Memorial Day supposed deadline. I cannot be sure at this time of its accuracy. Just know according to the Board member I talked with that communication is on the way soon with information that we need to know.

Good news and perhaps damage control. Notice it was AFTER the due date of the maintenance fees.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Yes.....I made it clear that I was not happy that there was no communication with owners and the Board member in question works for Festiva in South Carolina aka Patton.....I am not impressed at all and I am sure it was because I had emailed Don Clayton with Festiva is the only reason I even heard from him. I have been informed by friends at Atlantic Beach NC right now that the demolition is going on and at a good rate. I hope Festiva can get the blueprints for repairs on 15-25 approved so that can start soon. I am hopeful but I still don't trust The Board. HOA or Festiva.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I also noticed RCI had one listing under Section III Peppertree

In the last day or so I noticed RCI had 1 unit that had been space banked in Section III and was listed for trading. I did talk to an RCI representative the other day and ask why there were no listings for Section III at Peppertree AB. Maybe they looked into that and got that problem fixed.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Demolition looks like it is almost complete

I have a couple of pictures taken this morning showing the demolition areas but I can't figure out how to attach to this post.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I think the 2 photos are on the link above now if anybody wants to see the demolition results at Peppertree Atlantic Beach NC.

MDterps

Reaction score
Fed up with Peppertree and Festiva

Called Peppertree/Festiva today. They had us as a "no show" for Aug 2015 reservation for PAB II unit when they were the ones who called and told us not to come as buildings were shut down due to walkways and stairs. Told me it was a coding issue, not to worry. Well I do because I'm not like that. Also - fully expect us to pay 2015 maintenance fee even though we had no usage of any kind. She said they removed interest and late fees as a courtesy. Was she being funny? Told her we're not paying.

Worst customer service/business practices I have come across yet. My uncle transferred his PAB I unit to us in summer 2014. Cost $200 for transfer. Uncle paid 2014 MF. Took them so long to process transfer paperwork, we were unable to use the designated 2014 week. Plus, they allowed the transfer to go through knowing all the while this whole mess with the condemnation of the buildings was coming. Festiva happy to take our money!!

Now legal documents re bankruptcy say they plan to demolish buildings 1-14 and sell the real estate. Who are the going to sell it to? What company would come in and buy part of a resort? Doesn't seem to bode well for PAB II and III, which I supposedly now own in PAB II but have never seen any paperwork.

It's tempting to just walk away, but I think they are counting on that. Then even more $ lines their pockets. Don't use MF to keep the resort up. When it falls in disrepair spend $350,000 for demolition (of bldgs. 1-14) because the property can be sold for so much more.

Sorry for the rant, I'm angry and frustrated with Peppertree and Festiva. My Uncle (who turns 80 this month) like all the other owners, paid good money for their units and annual MF. They deserve better.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please looked at these two old news inks. Search Peppertree Atlantic Beach Demolition on Google

www.wcti12.com
Atlantic Beach Condemned, Slated for demolition/News
dated: May , 2015

HOA to raze condemned buildings, repair others at Peppertree Atlantic Beach
Carolina Coast Online / News
Dated September 15,2015

good information for owners.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I guess the link only works when I am signed in to Shutterfly. I will be glad to email the 2 pictures to anybody who wants them.

Reaction score
Seeking more Info

I am an owner at PABII and my timeshare is currently closed which means I cannot trade or use the timeshare in any way. We received a letter from RCI stating that we are no longer allowed to trade through them since our timeshare has been condemned. We are told that repairs will be made at some point but have received no other communication about that matter. I am reading that several people are going to withhold their Maintenance Fees this year until they see what happens, but we received a letter stating that if we do not pay by sometime this month, our account will be turned over to collections. We do not want our credit ruined because we did not pay. Is anyone else worried about this?

Also, has anyone heard rumblings of a class action lawsuit being formed against Peppertree or Festiva about all of this? I can't believe more owners are not upset about this. I cannot understand where our Maintenance Fees have been going all these years. We have been owners and have paid on time every year for almost 20 years!