• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie won ebay auction now has questions

kbinpvb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! I researched the resort, I scoured all I could find to learn about buying on these boards and the advice sections. So, I placed my bid and behold, I won!! But, now I have a some concerns that I hope you experienced minds here can help with.

After I won, I immediately paid "SumDay Vacations" through Paypal. They asked for my contact info so they could get moving on the deed. Then they mailed me a copy of the deed that would be sent to the county for recording and a copy of the letter that they will send to VRI to transfer the ownership to me.

A couple of things seem strange 1) the date on the deed is March 8, (I won it 5/16) and 2) the amount noted as "Actual/True Conderation $600" is not exactly what I paid. I am guessing this is the date the previous owner signed it over to the company that sold it on ebay. But not sure why the $amount is wrong. Should I be worried about this?

The copy of the deed matches the info that was in the listing.

If I have a problem, what should I do? Either way, what can I expect next?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Karen

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think you should ask te seller to clarify the issues.
Congratulations on your timeshare purchase!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ebay sellers make money on successful sales and not by cheating the buyer. What you see may just be how they do business or some kind of mistake.

I am sure the seller will be happy that they were able to get rid of this timeshare if you only paid around $600 for it.

But best to ask the seller and if you are not satisfied then try to cancel it as there are many other timeshares you can purchase.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday has been mentioned a few times in the past for various issues. Nothing like this variety. Not the greatest on customer service but probably the cheapest ebay seller on closing costs. They've been around for awhile as an eBay seller. You'll be fine.

I personally don't recommend them though, because of an issue I had with him that did not get resolved to my satisfaction.

As far as what's next? It depends on the resort and their transfer process. You'll either get something to sign, or sometimes you'll just get the deed transfer from Sumday. Regardless, it should go quickly (within a month or two)... especially if it was a US timeshare. Sumday will cut corners on the deed work and will get it done fast. I guess that's one of the advantages???

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Those particular discrepancies wouldn't bother me in the least. As you're thinking, I'd assume it was when the vendor signed the deed, pre-Ebay auction and perhaps he was paid a different amount in some way than what you paid.

As long as everything else checks out, and you've checked personally with the resort that everything is paid, you're going to get use as you expect, etc., I personally wouldn't sweat those details.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The date was probably when they took it over as someone else stated. Real estate deeds routinely state a nominal amount, like "consideration: ten dollars", 100 dollars or even one dollar. This is true for houses and timeshares, and has nothing to do with the sale price. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As others have said, those minor discrepancies do not affect the validity of the deed.
I suspect that it reflects the date+amount at which they acquired the unit, so that the record would not show that they had it in inventory for any length of time... this likely has more to do with their accounting practices than anything else.

kbinpvb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I feel better, now! TUGers are great!

Now, I guess I just sit back and wait....

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought/are buying a Sumday sale and had the exact same questions about the deed.

Thanks TUG!

- Jasen.

P.S. From the other Sumday threads, I hope the MFs, etc. are up to date or it looks like we could be in for some hurtin'.

P.P.S. We took advantage of a listing mistake. It was listed as a 2BR lockout, but after researching, I confirmed that it is really a 3BR.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of things seem strange 1) the date on the deed is March 8, (I won it 5/16) and 2) the amount noted as "Actual/True Conderation $600" is not exactly what I paid.

Karen,
Just to clarify, the date of the deed is the date that the previous owner signed it as witnessed by their notary, this does not reflect the date of your purchase and has no bearing on your ownership.

Consideration is usually the amount you paid rounded up to the nearest $100. In some states/counties this has no effect whatsoever but in some states we have to pay a transfer tax on the consideration amount and those states/counties calculate in that manner so that formula is what my staff is trained to use.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact me directly at info@sumdayvacations.com. Thank you for your purchase and we hope you enjoy your vacations.
Jeff

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those particular discrepancies wouldn't bother me in the least. As you're thinking, I'd assume it was when the vendor signed the deed, pre-Ebay auction and perhaps he was paid a different amount in some way than what you paid.

As long as everything else checks out, and you've checked personally with the resort that everything is paid, you're going to get use as you expect, etc., I personally wouldn't sweat those details.

Totally agree plus I have purchased from Sumday and had no problems with transfer. They have been around a long time and have good feedback rating.:hi: