• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

International marketing Group

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Absolutely RUN! - I am moving your post to an ongoing thread on this topic!

A gentle suggestion - it is better to put the subject of your post in the subject line, rather than your own name.

Last edited:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I learned about this thread via TUG Newsletter. My compliments to the moderators.

romancehrted

Reaction score
international marketing & finance group inc

For all u non believers about imgfinance.com,i to was very skeptical of the company i am in the process of closing my unit,yes i hade to pay 1,428.00,to get back.Ito was burned by amg a few months ago for 999.00,now i am talking with matthew jansen who is very accomadating,he provied me the website where to find international marketing & finance group inc,go to sunbiz.org where u can find out all u need to know about the company,i am awaiting an email now from the company stating there credibility.Mike

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me dubious...

For all u non believers about imgfinance.com,i to was very skeptical of the company i am in the process of closing my unit,yes i hade to pay 1,428.00,to get back.Ito was burned by amg a few months ago for 999.00,now i am talking with matthew jansen who is very accomadating,he provied me the website where to find international marketing & finance group inc,go to sunbiz.org where u can find out all u need to know about the company,i am awaiting an email now from the company stating there credibility.Mike

A first (...and marginally coherent) post from a newly registered individual, singing the praises of an unknown upfront fee entity by claiming an imminent closing on an unidentified timeshare. To say that I am more than a little doubtful about the veracity of this particular post would be, at best, a polite understatement. :rolleyes:

Maybe "Mike" will grace us with the book and page / instrument number reference of the imminent completed transaction, citing same directly from the pertinent County records, thereby eliminating doubt. However, I won't be holding my breath in the meantime while awaiting that easily verifiable, factual information...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

romancehrted

Reaction score
imgfinance (horselady)

hORSELADY HELLO i just called the attorney generals office 850-414-3990,and asked if imgfinance hade received any complaints,why would u have to lie and say that they received complaints?No complaints have been filed on this company.Mike

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
A third (and marginally coherent) post from a newly registered individual, singing the praises of an unknown upfront fee entity by claiming an imminent closing. To say that I am more than just a little doubtful about the veracity of this post would be, at best, a polite understatement. :rolleyes:

Maybe "Mike" will grace us with the book and page / instrument number reference of the imminent completed transaction, citing same directly from the pertinent County records, thereby eliminating doubt. However, I won't be holding my breath in the meantime while awaiting that easily verifiable, factual information...:rolleyes:

Marginally coherent statement was being gentle! This looks like a third grader trying to post on a shill run.:crash:

Why is it always someone new just found these postings and jump on to set us straight?:rolleyes:

It is also funny how these people were scammed out of money but still took a chance on another upfront scam but this time it worked. Also why is it after reading most of the shill post you understand the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT DIDN'T WORK!:eek:

PHILL12

m00tpoint

Reaction score
Many thanks to all of you for the real story on IMG Finance. I'm president of our Church Council, and we have received a donated time share. IMG called, already has a buyer, and for the low fee of $1872, they will sell our timeshare for $17,900. If the sale falls through for some reason, or after it closes, they'll refund the $1872.

Wow, such a deal! What could possibly go wrong? Well, the sample contract states that if the unit doesn't sell in 120 days, or if one of their competitors sells the unit for 80% of asking price or more, they'll refund the fee at closing. Hmm, just a small difference -- nothing in the contract about refunding the fee if the unit is not sold at all. Interesting that apparently their biggest source of new victims is their competitors' websites; those folks will apparently hear, "List it with us as well, and if the other site sells it, we'll refund your money." The unit will never ever sell for 80% of $18,000, so that guarantee is meaningless also.

For anyone who has already given them money before finding this via Google, here's some information about this outfit. Most of it is from a sample contract they emailed me.

Website: www.imgfinance.com. The domain was first registered on September 22, 2009.

Address: 2234 N. Federal Hwy #290
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Customer Service: 561-544-5916
FAX: 954-919-9236

Thanks Again All For Saving Me A Nightmare,
m00tpoint

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Many thanks to all of you for the real story on IMG Finance.
Thanks Again All For Saving Me A Nightmare,
It was interesting to see their website. Not very professional or believable--many of the blog items seem to be written by someone for whom English is a second language. The few listings I looked at seem to be bogus as well. Glad you didn't fall for it.

cman1

Reaction score
Almost got me!
It sounded so good, and I was relieved to finally sell it,

I did give my credit card...but I was able to stop it before any charges were made..
What if they were actually able to charge it?? could I have disputed?
I didnt sign anything yet.

Thanks for the comments! i

milo0071

Reaction score
Someone from IMG called to sell my timeshare. Claims that they don't want me to pay up front but only get's paid when it's sold.

Seems to good to be true. Anyone else have any experience with them?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Your instincts are correct - I moved your post to this thread - please see the posts above yours.

sueellen426

Reaction score
International Markt. and Finance Group

Wow....I thought this outfit was too good to be true! They not only called and said that we had an interested buyer but the buyer got a loan in the amount of $37,000 to buy our timeshare! But wait, they wanted us to upfront $2,858 dollars for the "transfer" of our title to the new buyer!!! This even gets better.....IMFG also said that we would be refunded the $2,858 when all the paper work went through.. Well after 5 phone calls from this company, I finally told them that when I visiited their "site", I was unable to bring up anything from their site page. Everytime I tried to click on their site, it showed it being "an error" . One person whom I talked with, Betty Kaplan, oh...she gave her lic.# just to make sure she sounded legit!! But when I told her that I came on TUG and all the negative publicity about theit company, she seemed perplexed and surprised by my allogation's of her "scam" company. In short.....they are a scam company..She was unable to prove to me "who" was buying my timeshare and the necessary papers to show a selling transaction. I reported them to the BBB of Fla. :mad:

sueellen426

Reaction score
I had to laugh...

A first (...and marginally coherent) post from a newly registered individual, singing the praises of an unknown upfront fee entity by claiming an imminent closing on an unidentified timeshare. To say that I am more than a little doubtful about the veracity of this particular post would be, at best, a polite understatement. :rolleyes:

I think a Webster dictionary is in order...:hysterical:

pranas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I should drop in and speak to them about my timeshare. Wonder if their Boca address is a mail drop or boiler room.

cm6014

Reaction score
Ok after reading this I had to reply. First of all I will admit I fell for this scam. But wont do it again. I was contacted by IMG and they said they could sell my timeshare and like everyone said they needed an upfront fee. So I wouldn't back out of the deal when they found a buyer. So I gave them 999.00 and they said they would mail out a contract which they did and then said in 21 buisness days to do title and deed. Well after a month and a half I started calling them and they kept saying the holidays were slowing them down. Well I later found out to do a title and deed takes 36 to 72 hours not days. Well I kept calling them asking for a manager and no one was ever available and they never would call me back. So now i'm in the prosses of disputing the charge. But after 3 months another company called me called american marketing co and said they had a buyer for my timeshare they got the info from IMG cause they couldnt sell it. Now the phone number for IMG is no longer a working number and the number this other company gave me for IMG is not a working number either. Sounds to me like they just switched names to me after taking as many people they could for a ride. I forgot to mention that this other company that called me said they needed another 999.00 from me to sell it, I said since you know IMG so well get it from them and use it. Of coarse they said they couldn't!! So I say fool me once sham on you fool me twice shame on me and it's not going to happen. So I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about IMG, don't do it!! And yes Russ I have the experience!!

fat_frog

Reaction score
Received Response to Fraud complaint!

Hi, Received a letter from the Attorney General today as a follow up to my complaint, I encourage you to also contact them and receive the same letter/packet.
Doesn't mean you'll get your money back - best path there is to contact your credit card's dispute/fraud team and decline the charges. If you paid by check i think you should be able to work with the bank - but not sure on that one.
Good Luck!!
~~~~
Terry W. Crossen
Financial Investigator
1515 N. Flagler Dr. Ste 900
West Palm Beach, FL, 33401
www.myfloridalegal.com
~~~
RE: The investigation of International Marketing and Finance Group Inc.
Dear Consumer
The office of the attorney general for the state of florida is actively investigating the international marketing and finance group inc pursuant to floridas deceptive and unfair trade practices act, chapter 501, Part II, florida statues.
The office of the attorney general is contacting you because you have either notified us or another consumer related entity of your interest and concerns regarding International marketing and finance group inc. If you wish to detail your personal transaction and experience with this company in order to assist us in our investigation, we request that you please complete the enclosed affidavit complaint form.

semrvsg

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting this information about the complaint form available from the Florida Attorney General's office. I will be filling it out today. After reading these posts, I realize I may never get a refund of the $2,838.00 that I paid International Marketing and Finance Group, Inc. to advertise my Worldmark property. I have jumped through all of their hoops, followed the contract to the letter, requesting a refund in writing, etc., and during my last phone call to them (before the number was disconnected) was assured a refund would be issued within 30 days. That date came and went 5 days ago. I was told that if I contested the charge on my credit card that I would get the refund faster. Obviously, that was just another lie. Is there any other recourse to recover the $2,838.00, or do I just kiss it good-bye?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Florida AG is actively pursuing many of these companies, and the ONLY way you will recieve a refund should they get shut down by the AG's office, is to file your claim and save all information regarding the transaction for reference!

These monentary settlements are determined by the number of victims who come forward and show how much they were scammed out of!

While there is no guarantee that you will get anything back, I can guarantee you wont recieve a dime if you do nothing!

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
This thread reinforces my decision to drop my land line. Only friends and relatives know how to call me.

On the other hand I do get lots of e-mails from dethroned Nigerian royalty needing my help in moving large sums of money out the country. They must know what a helpful guy I am. ;)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score