• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Audit Recovery System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
if there are 5 stages and this issue is not complete....why has the individual been charged the 50% recovery fee?

There are situations where the bank may give you a permanent credit on your account and then after their further investigation reverse the charge. This is uncommon and we are working diligently to overcome this. It comes to a point where the bank, ultimately visa, mc, etc. has to chose the side of the merchant or the consumer.

If this individual has been in communications with us and is actively in our investigations department, they should be aware of every step of the process through interactive communication.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not a very permanent credit if it can be widthdrawn at any time....wouldnt that instead be a provisional credit?

MikeMarriott

Reaction score
There are situations where the bank may give you a permanent credit on your account and then after their further investigation reverse the charge. This is uncommon and we are working diligently to overcome this. It comes to a point where the bank, ultimately visa, mc, etc. has to chose the side of the merchant or the consumer.

If this individual has been in communications with us and is actively in our investigations department, they should be aware of every step of the process through interactive communication.

Uncommon?........by looking at the complaints boards this is false.

My information as to why your site was down must be accurate;)

HOPTU79

TUG Member
Reaction score
ARS

I just received an email from ARS, who contacted me yesterday, with a phone call. I read the contract sent.
" 5. If you get money back to your CC & get a reversal on the card, YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY THEM THE 50% non-refundable. Let's say $1000 back on the card, a reversal & $500 to them.
To me this reads I am out yet another $500 and why should they bother to help me recover the $1000.
When I get the call tomorrow I am going to tell them NO! :mad:

Thank you for all the input on this. Sounds like the same old SCAM with a new twist to me.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
This whole thread amuses me...

I lost count of the new accounts with 1 to 5 posts in this thread. If that isn't a sign of something, I don't know what is...

If you really, really need to sell your timeshare, read those selling threads on this site...then look some more. Ebay won't get you rich on a TS sale...all it will do at best, is get you out from under your Maint Fee for about the price you seem to be paying to these "Sell Your TS" guys. Nothing will get you good money for a TS unless you find the really, really gullible...but the you would have a guilty conscience for the rest of your life... and nobody wants that...right?

weezie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Floating in the same boat

Your story sounds almost like mine but I got contacted by America Recovery Task Force they are asking 60/40 on their price and 1400.00 retainer fee. Looking for Information about them

Arubarobert

Reaction score
Your story sounds almost like mine but I got contacted by America Recovery Task Force they are asking 60/40 on their price and 1400.00 retainer fee. Looking for Information about them

I was quoted a 50/50 split, with no money to me upfront whatsoever. With different people recieving different prices, sounds a little scammy to me!

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
Every one of these popup companies will be shut down once their state bar association finds out that they are operating as a lawfirm. The only people who can go after a company to recover money legally is a lawfirm. You can check with you state bar assoc. to see that this is indeed FACT...

Stop falling for all the scams, if its too good to be true, than it most likely isn't going to be true.

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
by the way timesharefraudgroup,

Here is a line from your service agreement (audit recovery systems)

6. Venue and Jurisdiction for all actions to enforce the terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Should it become necessary for ARS to retain counsel to enforce its rights under this Agreement, Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs incurred by ARS, including attorney’s fees.

Here is American Recovery Task Forces service agreement

Venue and Jurisdiction for all actions to enforce the terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Should it become necessary for ARTF to retain counsel to enforce its rights under this Agreement, Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs incurred by ARTF, including attorney’s fees.

Coincidence, I think not

Reaction score
Audit Recovery Systems is a leader

This is Paul from Audit Recovery Systems and I can promise you that these other companies with the same wording in their Contract is stolen directly from ours. Our Contract was prepared by our law firm and in no way copied by any new company operating.

You have to realize as these timeshare resale companies start to get closed down the employees or owners themselves, such as the owner of AIG who has now started My Legal Refund or Genesis Dynamics are actually targeting their clients they stole money from, taking an upfront fee in most cases and at the end of the day do absolutely nothing to resolve their claim.

We have an extremely good team at ARS that come to work with the goal of assisting our customers to a winning resolution. We win almost every case that we agree to work on. The reason we turn down particular cases is because we know that we are out of parameter and have no rights to collect.

I will end with this. We work and manage every case that comes into this office with vigor and determination. We want this industry shut down because there is nobody good in timeshare resale that I have come across and I would love to go after other fraudulent industries. So complain as you will, but hire an attorney and they are paid win or lose and you are generally alloted a piece of time in their day. We spend hours on each and every case and fight with everything we can fight with because we know that everyone has been victimized by this predatory group.

Paul

MikeMarriott

Reaction score
This is Paul from Audit Recovery Systems and I can promise you that these other companies with the same wording in their Contract is stolen directly from ours. Our Contract was prepared by our law firm and in no way copied by any new company operating.

Are you sure about that Paul........You stole from a competitor's website, why wouldn't you steal from a competitor's contract........Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Quoting from Hilton's-HGVC warning to its members...
Recovery Service.
Some unfortunate timeshare owners are being scammed twice. Owners who previously paid an upfront fee to a bogus resale company later get a call from someone claiming to be from a different company who can help recover a portion of the upfront fee previously paid. However, to do so the owner simply has to pay another fee. The latest version of this particular fraud has someone calling the original victim claiming to be from the company that scammed them. They now are offering to refund the victim’s money but need a credit card number to facilitate the transaction. Doing so will most likely mean that you will be victimized a second time.

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
Paul,

Just curious, Do you think it is ethical to recieve money for getting people a provisional credit? I mean, what is not to say that you are in cohuts with Timeshare resale company A. They send you a list of their customers who they have a signed contract from. You in turn call the customer to help them get their money back..... You than dispute the charge through the card company and get a provisional credit. (this is standard procedure btw)....the merchant acct. than contacts the timeshare co. with the dispute, they in turn send in the signed contract and the provisional credit is removed. So now you still get payed half of what the timeshare company ripped of the customer, even though you didn't do JACK SHIZ.....So now the customer is out the $2K form the timeshare company , and than another $1K to your company and is still in the same boat they were in before, but now $1K poorer......If you were an ethical company, you would return the customers money, if the provisional credit was reversed.....any legitimate business would not charge a customer when they didn't accomplish anything, but get the customer a temp. credit that ends up being removed once the timeshare co. sends in proof of a signed contract.

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
Its only a matter of time till you are all shut down anyways....You are attempting to act as a lawyer or lawfirm, and that you are not.....I think its only a matter of time till the Florida bar association comes in and shuts you and the other scam operations like this down......

at least IMO

drtcali

Reaction score
I also received calls and e-mails from this company. If you read the contract there is no description of what they will actually do for you and they take the 50% fee as soon as the credit appears whether it's temporary or not. Anyone can dispute a credit card charge on their own and submit whatever proof you have. The credit card company will always give you a temporary credit and then investigate. I have been successful on some of these but often the credit card company will reverse the charges after they hear the recording of you agreeing to the charges (even though you thought you were agreeing to something entirely different). I would advise everyone to stay away from these recovery firms. They aren't doing anything that you couldn't do on your own.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Because of the economy, most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail. I know that is a bitter pill to swallow, but these scammers are preying on TS owners who don't want to accept that.

To see what your TS actually might sell for, go to ebay, search for it by name, and then click on "completed auctions" in the menu on the left. You must be registered and logged in to do this.

If you poke around a bit, you will see that there are more than 200 timeshares listed on ebay for $0-100 - most with no bids. Many people are having a hard time even giving away their timeshares these days.

If you discover that your TS has no resale value, it may be possible to give it away, if it is paid off, and all your fees are up to date. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

On the other hand, if you don't have to get rid of this timeshare, we can definitely help you get more use out of it. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

Reaction score
Your Anger at this Industry is Warranted

It is easy to dispute a charge with a credit card company and get a temporary or provisional credit. We also know (most of the time) when you will win against a particular timeshare company or not. We try to be as transpearant as possible and turn away many cases based on parameters we cannot possiblyThere are many factors through legal and credit card rules and regulation that dictate what course of action we will take to best serve our clients. It is your opinion that it is as easy as calling a credit card company to dispute a charge is what we do. While the bank is merely a gatekeeper; the dispute must be navigated properly through reason codes and documentation that best support your case. There are merchant regulations, that if you would bother taking the time yourself to read through, that may seem unrelevant, but yet give the power to leverage and break the "contract".

Our service was established to shed light on this entire industry and work to effectively shut down these boiler rooms whereas their sole intent is to defraud the victim. To date, there are over seventeen timeshare resale companies under indictment. They are facing a number of federal and state charges and rightfully so. They trade there lists around to different companies that are tied to eachother either finanacially or by necessity.

These companies are going away, their accounts are being, and have been shut down or frozen. Unfortunately, rats can swim and they are doing exactly what another TUG member recently stated; they are going after their existing base of victims as a new company or with the promise that the deal is done and to send money right away and someone will fly to their house within 48-72 hours with their money. Obviously, these are all scams. Additionally, there are companies that are opening as Legal Refund Companies that happen to have the same officers and/or employees taking advantage of filing with the card company, filing under reasons in which the KNOW they will eventually lose, thus protecting their merchant chargebacks. We are always here to provide FREE advice, whether you use or service or not. My name is Paul Simon, VP and myself or anyone of my staff would be happy to assist as a value added resource. We don't charge to consult nor do we high pressure you. We believe in good business, no matter who comes against us, threatens, or lies; we know where we stand, we know when we are right and never stop fighting for our clients rights.

Paul,

Just curious, Do you think it is ethical to recieve money for getting people a provisional credit? I mean, what is not to say that you are in cohuts with Timeshare resale company A. They send you a list of their customers who they have a signed contract from. You in turn call the customer to help them get their money back..... You than dispute the charge through the card company and get a provisional credit. (this is standard procedure btw)....the merchant acct. than contacts the timeshare co. with the dispute, they in turn send in the signed contract and the provisional credit is removed. So now you still get payed half of what the timeshare company ripped of the customer, even though you didn't do JACK SHIZ.....So now the customer is out the $2K form the timeshare company , and than another $1K to your company and is still in the same boat they were in before, but now $1K poorer......If you were an ethical company, you would return the customers money, if the provisional credit was reversed.....any legitimate business would not charge a customer when they didn't accomplish anything, but get the customer a temp. credit that ends up being removed once the timeshare co. sends in proof of a signed contract.

Its only a matter of time till you are all shut down anyways....You are attempting to act as a lawyer or lawfirm, and that you are not.....I think its only a matter of time till the Florida bar association comes in and shuts you and the other scam operations like this down......

at least IMO

I also received calls and e-mails from this company. If you read the contract there is no description of what they will actually do for you and they take the 50% fee as soon as the credit appears whether it's temporary or not. Anyone can dispute a credit card charge on their own and submit whatever proof you have. The credit card company will always give you a temporary credit and then investigate. I have been successful on some of these but often the credit card company will reverse the charges after they hear the recording of you agreeing to the charges (even though you thought you were agreeing to something entirely different). I would advise everyone to stay away from these recovery firms. They aren't doing anything that you couldn't do on your own.

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
It is easy to dispute a charge with a credit card company and get a temporary or provisional credit. We also know (most of the time) when you will win against a particular timeshare company or not. We try to be as transpearant as possible and turn away many cases based on parameters we cannot possiblyThere are many factors through legal and credit card rules and regulation that dictate what course of action we will take to best serve our clients. It is your opinion that it is as easy as calling a credit card company to dispute a charge is what we do. While the bank is merely a gatekeeper; the dispute must be navigated properly through reason codes and documentation that best support your case. There are merchant regulations, that if you would bother taking the time yourself to read through, that may seem unrelevant, but yet give the power to leverage and break the "contract".

Our service was established to shed light on this entire industry and work to effectively shut down these boiler rooms whereas their sole intent is to defraud the victim. To date, there are over seventeen timeshare resale companies under indictment. They are facing a number of federal and state charges and rightfully so. They trade there lists around to different companies that are tied to eachother either finanacially or by necessity.

These companies are going away, their accounts are being, and have been shut down or frozen. Unfortunately, rats can swim and they are doing exactly what another TUG member recently stated; they are going after their existing base of victims as a new company or with the promise that the deal is done and to send money right away and someone will fly to their house within 48-72 hours with their money. Obviously, these are all scams. Additionally, there are companies that are opening as Legal Refund Companies that happen to have the same officers and/or employees taking advantage of filing with the card company, filing under reasons in which the KNOW they will eventually lose, thus protecting their merchant chargebacks. We are always here to provide FREE advice, whether you use or service or not. My name is Paul Simon, VP and myself or anyone of my staff would be happy to assist as a value added resource. We don't charge to consult nor do we high pressure you. We believe in good business, no matter who comes against us, threatens, or lies; we know where we stand, we know when we are right and never stop fighting for our clients rights.

Paul,

I can appreciate what you are trying to do for people, but you never did answer the 1 main question. Why are you working illegally to try to help people recover their money?

This is a direct quote from the FL. bar association

A nonlawyer company cannot offer to provide legal services and cannot hire attorneys to provide legal services for customers of the company

You are not a lawfirm or a lawyer, so you are acting illegally to try to make money by charging people to help them recover money, that as far as we know, you are in cohuts with.

Bottom line is, you are operating illegally

Here is a link to the bar website

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBCo...59cac57c8be11c2085256b2f006c58a5?OpenDocument

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
I look forward to your response, cause all it will take is for myself or anyone else who reads this to fill out the form at the bar website and turn you guys in.....and than its bye bye audit recovery systems.

Reaction score
It is obvious nothing could satisfy you

We do not ever state, infer, and pose as attorney's. We do have legal counsel at our disposal, but our auditor's do not represent EVER that we are a law firm nor attorney. So to keep directing your anger at us for trying to assist victims of an industry that is so corrupt and where legally they understand that they may win the case based on legal principle, that they have no chance to collect. So what do you recommend as a course of action for these victims, because if you have a better assisting, I would welcome your assistance. You know how to reach me and I am always available. If you are just trying to sabatoge my company because of your own issues than that is your own problem to solve and I can't help you.

Paul,

I can appreciate what you are trying to do for people, but you never did answer the 1 main question. Why are you working illegally to try to help people recover their money?

This is a direct quote from the FL. bar association

A nonlawyer company cannot offer to provide legal services and cannot hire attorneys to provide legal services for customers of the company

You are not a lawfirm or a lawyer, so you are acting illegally to try to make money by charging people to help them recover money, that as far as we know, you are in cohuts with.

Bottom line is, you are operating illegally

Here is a link to the bar website

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBCo...59cac57c8be11c2085256b2f006c58a5?OpenDocument

Reaction score
In response to American Recovery Task Force

Take your time before posting your issues. Due dillegence would be wise. Our Agreement has been in force since last year. These other recovery companies were the same one's scamming you out of your money as timeshare resale companies. Check out who we are, how we operate, the staff we have to resolve timeshare scams. We are not 2 guys working out of our house, we are a company that works at a high level of integrity and for you to post your boring non relevant, unresearched, incorrect, and slanderous statements, just further shows what time of person you are and where you come from in this life. I chose to work for the good of the people, you chose to prey on their fear.

by the way timesharefraudgroup,

Here is a line from your service agreement (audit recovery systems)

6. Venue and Jurisdiction for all actions to enforce the terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Should it become necessary for ARS to retain counsel to enforce its rights under this Agreement, Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs incurred by ARS, including attorney’s fees.

Here is American Recovery Task Forces service agreement

Venue and Jurisdiction for all actions to enforce the terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Should it become necessary for ARTF to retain counsel to enforce its rights under this Agreement, Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs incurred by ARTF, including attorney’s fees.

Coincidence, I think not

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
We do not ever state, infer, and pose as attorney's. We do have legal counsel at our disposal, but our auditor's do not represent EVER that we are a law firm nor attorney. So to keep directing your anger at us for trying to assist victims of an industry that is so corrupt and where legally they understand that they may win the case based on legal principle, that they have no chance to collect. So what do you recommend as a course of action for these victims, because if you have a better assisting, I would welcome your assistance. You know how to reach me and I am always available. If you are just trying to sabatoge my company because of your own issues than that is your own problem to solve and I can't help you.

Legally in the state of florida, the only people that can go after and recover money and charge a fee is either a lawfirm or a lawyer......there is no way around that....you are acting as a lawyer or lawfirm of which you are not. You cannot legally charge a customer for helping recover their money......that is the bottom line...period....

there are at least 3 -4 lawfirms that are doing timeshare and mortgage modification recovery in florida......they are the only 3 or 4 companies that are doing it legally.

Plus everyone of those lawfirms don't charge the client anything unless a recovery is made.....NO Upfront charges, and they don't charge the client for a provisional credit......

not trying to sabatage at all.....just want other timeshare owners like myself not to get taken from people like you.

2kidsandaboat

Reaction score
Take your time before posting your issues. Due dillegence would be wise. Our Agreement has been in force since last year. These other recovery companies were the same one's scamming you out of your money as timeshare resale companies. Check out who we are, how we operate, the staff we have to resolve timeshare scams. We are not 2 guys working out of our house, we are a company that works at a high level of integrity and for you to post your boring non relevant, unresearched, incorrect, and slanderous statements, just further shows what time of person you are and where you come from in this life. I chose to work for the good of the people, you chose to prey on their fear.[/QUOTE]

I hope everyone sees this statement, because this clearly shows the type of company you run....I point out information and ask you a few questions, and you attack me personally......its all good, I will make it a point to fill out the paperwork through the bar association.....I guess we will see who is correct , and if my boring non relevant, unresearched, incorrect, and slanderous statements hold any water. Enjoy your last few weeks ripping people off Paul....its funny how I can recall timeshare salesman who did the same thing when I wouldn't pay their upfront fee, starting telling me how dumb I was , and how I didn't know how the resale industry operated...etc. etc.... Looks like you have had some time on the other side too, at least in my opinion, from reading your responses....

I hope nobody on here falls for this

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It appears that no one has any new information to add in this thread, and it has dwindled down to the level of bickering, so I am closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.