• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay user expressgetaways-06?

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
expressgetaways-06 is a new ebay user, account created April 7th, with "good" feedback as a buyer (slightly suspicious due to identical feedback from different sellers) but zero feedback as a seller...

How concerning should this be? Wondering if it's a seller with bad reputation trying to rebrand, since they are listing about a baker's dozen timeshares for sale.

But, he/she has listed a TS for auction that I'm interested in based on tons of reading and research in this forum - btw thanks everyone for the unintentional input! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: It would be a good trader for RCI resorts we like, has a great points:MF ratio, and is within driving distance for worst case scenario (which scenario isn't even that terrible since we like Vegas a lot :eek:).

Advice or does anyone recognize the seller?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
That feedback is more than slightly suspicious, there's obviously deceit involved.

It looks like the feedback is from Chinese sellers for $1 items. Oddly, multiple sellers use the same feedback statements, but not all of the time.

I'd be afraid to risk more than a few dollars.

Last edited:

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Haha yeah, I should have said "more than slightly suspicious." Closing costs would be about $700 so not sure it's worth the risk. (Unless the bid is $1 and I can't help myself.::p)

Still, heads up to everyone!

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
I just won an auction from expressgetaways-06 on ebay. They claim they have been in business 9 years. When I called their # the answering machine says "IAvacations" who I did deal with previously and was very, very slow but I finally got the week. Not sure if I should try them again, especially with their new name.:mad::mad:

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent a message to the seller, asking what their previous eBay name was, and not expecting a response but surprisingly got a short "No previous username." Of course lies - no lips moving but fingers typing is the same thing I guess.:annoyed:

If they are IA Vacations, then check this link - fraud feedback from Yelp. Looks like it was the user RedWeed4Less. As a heads up I'm going to post this new user ID in all the other eBay / IA Vacations / Redweek4less threads.

PS. Good luck Wilma!

Last edited:

Beansprout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd avoid expressgetaways-06. I was interested in one of their listings as well. I preemptively, very nicely, messaged them to let them know I was concerned about their legitimacy, ask about their situation, and confirm they accept credit card payment - figuring it could always be charged back.

The response was quick and polite. They stated they were brand new, and had all the small purchases to get above 30 feedback to lower their listing fees. They assured me the winning bidder would be completely satisfied with the purchase. They also confirmed they use VP Title for closing (same as IA Vacations I believe). Most importantly, they confirmed credit cards accepted.

I was actually satisfied enough to give it a chance - with full intent to chargeback if it wasn't closed timely, of course. Apparently they determined it would have ended in a chargeback before it even sold as when I went to bid, I received the "the seller has blocked you from bidding" message.

I have 100% positive feedback in 30 transactions as both buyer and seller - I clearly wouldn't have stiffed them had they been on the up & up. Very much guessing they're not.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'd avoid expressgetaways-06. I was interested in one of their listings as well. I preemptively, very nicely, messaged them to let them know I was concerned about their legitimacy, ask about their situation, and confirm they accept credit card payment - figuring it could always be charged back.

The response was quick and polite. They stated they were brand new, and had all the small purchases to get above 30 feedback to lower their listing fees. They assured me the winning bidder would be completely satisfied with the purchase. They also confirmed they use VP Title for closing (same as IA Vacations I believe). Most importantly, they confirmed credit cards accepted.

I was actually satisfied enough to give it a chance - with full intent to chargeback if it wasn't closed timely, of course. Apparently they determined it would have ended in a chargeback before it even sold as when I went to bid, I received the "the seller has blocked you from bidding" message.

I have 100% positive feedback in 30 transactions as both buyer and seller - I clearly wouldn't have stiffed them had they been on the up & up. Very much guessing they're not.

Since it looks like this is the same wolf in new sheep's clothing, they did you a favor.

You can see that they told another poster above that they've been in business for a number of years.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Changed colors again

Wow, that was fast - they are now someone else it seems! I'd kept one unit of interest in my watch list just to see what happened when it ended last night, but checking this morning it's disappeared instead of showing "ended." Now the user ID doesn't show up at all in any search, nor does my previous link to their selling list bring anything up. What does that mean for anyone that won an auction? (e.g. Wilma)

Edit: finally got them to show up in as a user, but a) it says "not a registered user" and b) they no longer have any items listed where they used to have quite a few.

Last edited:

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was fast - they are now someone else it seems! I'd kept one unit of interest in my watch list just to see what happened when it ended last night, but checking this morning it's disappeared instead of showing "ended." Now the user ID doesn't show up at all in any search, nor does my previous link to their selling list bring anything up. What does that mean for anyone that won an auction? (e.g. Wilma)

Edit: finally got them to show up in as a user, but a) it says "not a registered user" and b) they no longer have any items listed where they used to have quite a few.

Did you purchase something through them and pay them? If you did how did you pay?

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu

Ebay sent a note saying the sale is canceled as the user is no longer a "registered user". No idea what's going on.....:eek:

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you purchase something through them and pay them? If you did how did you pay?

I was just watching to see what happened with the one I was interested in (was tempted but obviously too good to be true) and luckily didn't bid, but Wilma did and won.

Wilma said:
Ebay sent a note saying the sale is canceled as the user is no longer a "registered user". No idea what's going on.....:eek:

Well I'm glad for you! Dodged a bullet.

Now just wondering who they will show up as next time, or if eBay is now on to them. :WishThereWasACrossingFingerEmoticon:

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just watching to see what happened with the one I was interested in (was tempted but obviously too good to be true) and luckily didn't bid, but Wilma did and won.

Well I'm glad for you! Dodged a bullet.

Now just wondering who they will show up as next time, or if eBay is now on to them. :WishThereWasACrossingFingerEmoticon:

Rule of thumb if you ever buy from Ebay as I sell on Ebay:
The ebay seller should always have the estoppel in which to request as I always have before listing to know exactly what your selling and to make sure the the Ebay seller is legit. If they don't I wouldn't bother paying until they can provide.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New eBay name is premiervacationmarketing

I've subscribed to eBay alerts for a particular resort, and when I got an email this week about a listing, initially ignored it. Got a reminder today, clicked over to eBay, and something looked odd...

Clicked over to the seller's feedback, and sure enough it appears to be the same. Same feedback, same number of items, and appears to be the same unit that was being sold by the previous eBayer.