• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of Secondary Ownership Group??

son_worshiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to sell one of the two timeshares we own. We contacted a this company to get an idea of what we could sell for. Of course they want 699 "marketing fee" which is not going to happen and they say they will list it for 9K. I am not going to do that unless I can independently verify they are legit but I have my doubts. THe company is called Secondary Ownership Group and they operate out of Collingwood Ontario, Canada.

Thanks in advance!

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG and hello fellow 'pegger!!!:wave: I visited their page a couple of years back and was turned off that hardly any of the prices were listed on the site. There are only a few resorts that can get $9000 on the resale market and i'm afraid that you don't own one of them. I own at one of your resorts and see many weeks given away for free here on TUG or eBay.:(

Read the stickies at the top of the page for lots of useful information and most importantly, don't pay any upfront fee of any kind - No matter what they want to call it!!!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Read the stickies at the top of the page for lots of useful information and most importantly, don't pay any upfront fee of any kind - No matter what they want to call it!!!

Once you pay them $699, you will never hear from them again

What incentive will they then have to do anything other than perhaps to list your unit unit for sale on an obscure website for $9,000 (an inflated price suggested to induce you to pay them $699)?

Last edited:

Hank74

Reaction score
Secondary Ownership Group

I just signed up with this company and paid the fee. I should have done my home work be forehand. I was promised at least one offer in 18 months or money back...Yea right.

What really gets under my skin is that they advertise on this site.(the largest resale company in Canada at that) I googled the names and the company but not much came back. Only one complaint to the Better Business Bureau. The address on google earth shows a run downed house....I Should have know.

Desperate to get out of Timeshare. By some miracle it works out I will let you know but I have a feeling the Maple Leafs have a better chance of winning the Stanly Cup.

Reaction score
I just talk to representative. You are right, there is no much information about this company. Address is a street box, Google shows residential area. I asked for references, I was told is confidential; upfront fee is not negotiable and can't be split, and I was asked for my Visa info over the phone. I hanged up.

Reaction score
I just signed up with this company and paid the fee. I should have done my home work be forehand. I was promised at least one offer in 18 months or money back...Yea right.

What really gets under my skin is that they advertise on this site.(the largest resale company in Canada at that) I googled the names and the company but not much came back. Only one complaint to the Better Business Bureau. The address on google earth shows a run downed house....I Should have know.

Desperate to get out of Timeshare. By some miracle it works out I will let you know but I have a feeling the Maple Leafs have a better chance of winning the Stanly Cup.

I just finished phone call with representative of Second Ownership Group. Many things I didn't like. I couldn't find to much info about them. Address is a Box on the street! I asked for references I was told is confidential; upfront fee is not negotiable can't be even split, and top of everything I was asked for my Visa info over the phone. Invoice and package I'm buying will come after I pay, then I can signed it. :( All the sell talk, nothing what I can consider a decent offer. I hanged up. I didn't even get an offer to get my money back if is not sold in 18 month. Consider yourself lucky.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
..I have a feeling the Maple Leafs have a better chance of winning the Stanly Cup.

The Cleveland Browns have a better chance of winning Lord Stanley's Cup than there is that this company will do anything other than take your money.

kegger

Reaction score
I am glad I took another quick look on this site my wife was all for using this company after I called them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time to save 700 bucks!