• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Recyclers

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We need more info. - exactly what are the offering you?

I have never heard of them - have you read the "how to buy a timeshare," articles on the TUG Advice page? (Top of page > red bar > Advice.)

The critical steps:

Independently verify EVERYTHING - don't take their word for anything.

Don't send any money until you have verified everything.

Ask the seller to request an estoppel letter from the resort mgmt. company - an estoppel prepared by the seller himself is worthless - it must come from the resort.

Ask for a formal contract, and make sure the resort description, and terms are correct in the contract.

Find out exactly who is doing the closing? Do they do it in-house, or use an outside closing/title company - who?

Once you have all the details - vet the offer here on TUG.

Don't be afraid to walk away if things don't seem right - it's a buyers market.

Last edited:

JMPopp4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer from Timeshare Recyclers

The offer I am looking at is listed on the TUG Marketplace. It's a 2BR/2Bth LO resale at the Vistana Bella Resort with 81,000 SO's. It's listed at $1399 w/ $965 MF. I thought the MF was a little low compared to other listings in the same resort. The closing is $499.

I asked about the company and this is the response I rec'd ....

We are a US based trade in company that works with several resorts. When someone wants to buy there and they already have a membership. That is where we come in. We help them get the membership out of their name and into ours. Then we do a market comparison and we price it accordingly. So the membership is in our name and ready to be transferred.

I have taken over the department of rentals and resales recently so have a few, but not many references that can vouch for us if you would like.

I have been reading the TUG website for about a month and have asked many questions and rec'd many positive responses. I will definitely follow up with all of the TUG recommendations on buying a resale.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
MF's don't vary between identical units. Note that some Ads have old info., or don't include the SVN fee that's about $130. At the top of the Starwood forum, there is a MF database that you can review. With a mandatory resort, you have to add the SVN fee every year - the SVN fee mandatory.

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Timeshare Recyclers?

I bought a Starwood timeshare from them a couple of months ago and it went through smoothly. took about a month to get it into my Mystarcentral account. FYI, they have their own in-house closing department but still charge the closing fee. I thought that was a red-flag but ended up working out okay.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I just completed my first ever resale purchase of Wyndham points through Timeshare Recyclers. It was for 210,000 points of Wyndham Ocean blvd in Myrtle. The transaction went smoothly and they were very professional. They had mistakenly thought that all the points were unused for 2015 but when it went through the points only showed up starting with 2016.

They setup a 3-way conversation with Wyndham, Timeshare Recyclers and I. Turned out former owner had used most of the 2015 points so Timeshare Recyclers had Wyndham take points from one of their other contracts and give them to me! I could not be more satisfied.

Purchase price was $1300 plus $499 closing and $299 resort transfer fee. I thought very reasonable for this transaction. MF are $1050 per year which is $5 per thousand. A good deal IMO.

Bob

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First and Recent Experience

I made an offer on a Marriott week listed on Timeshare Recyclers' weekly for sale list. They accepted, sent me the contract for signature and charged my credit card for the deposit.

Three days later, I heard from them today that there is a buy back offer from Marriott on the unit and was "giving me a chance" to match Marriott's price :hysterical:. I said no thanks, give me my deposit back.

What a bait and switch!!!Complete waste of time and totally unethical considering they accepted my offer, executed a contract and took my deposit just to tell me 3 days later they need to increase the price :mad:

Just a warning for anyone buying a ROFR property from them.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance in advance for asking this question...and I can call Marriott myself to confirm...

But when Marriott exercises ROFR on a property, do they actually allow the prospective Buyer to raise their bid? I always thought that answer was No. I thought that once Marriott exercised ROFR, that was it, they just took the property at whatever price was on the contract.

But I did talk with this company recently and they made it sound like if Marriott exercised ROFR, the Buyer had a chance to raise their Bid. That sounds different than what I thought I knew as to how the Marriott ROFR process worked?

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
Has anyone dealt with them recently? We have a wish request on the marketplace and were contacted by them. I just have a funny feeling about it.

http://timesharerecyclers.com/