• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Steamboat Springs

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I have rarely seen this property discussed on the BBS nor have I ever seen any resale weeks listed - TUG Marketplace, Ebay etc. Is this property just THAT good that it is impossible to see resale weeks? I know they are a voluntary resort, but I assume it is just as hard to book as WRF??? I am guessing it is a smaller resort so supply is lower??? Can someone elaborate more about this location?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It's a new resort. Wait a few years and you'll see more mention of it.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
How new?? Was it a Starwood new construction or a conversion from another owner?? I assume then it is still in active sales?? I wonder how it trades vs say WRF and SMV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Starwood construction - I have sales info. as early as 2008.

This is a property that's mostly of interest to skiiers, and for some reason, you don't see a lot of discussion about ski resorts here.

I haven't seen the maintenance fee for a few years, but as a newer property, I'd guess that the maintenance fee is high, which precludes it from being an efficient trader.

SBSV_PRICING_2008.jpg

The MF on the chart above doesn't look bad, but remember this was 6 years ago, and historically, Starwood subsidizes MF's during active sales, and then the MF increases rapidly.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I don't believe they opened until a couple of years ago, though I'm not sure exactly. They also don't have 1-bed or studio units, so the cost of obtaining them is higher than most other SVN properties. I'd be surprised if you find this property or Westin Riverfront in II much at all.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood construction - I have sales info. as early as 2008...

I know you have mentioned Event Weeks before, but how can Starwood list the Plat+ as including weeks 48-52... if they really don't (which I assume because of the disparity in prices)? Does that simply mean you have a right to book for weeks 51/52, but with an added fee?

Last edited:

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a really nice resort. Been open I think for at least 4 or 5 years- I was there 3 years ago in a 3 bedroom and it was the largest unit I had ever been in- over 1800 sq feet and really nice. I am sure you could find a resale mud season week and likely a summer week- but being the only true ski in ski out svn resort the ski weeks will be hard to come by and expensive even resale.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I know you have mentioned Event Weeks before, but how can Starwood list the Plat+ as including weeks 48-52... if they really don't (which I assume because of the disparity in prices)? Does that simply mean you have a right to book for weeks 51/52, but with an added fee?

With most properties the Declarations specify how many units can be sold as event weeks. It's usually a max of 50% of the inventory for the week, so the other 50% would be open to float owners for those weeks.

ptcflyer

Reaction score
I own 2 BR EOY Platinum PLUS Season at Steamboat Springs.

We used our Starpoints for several years at the Sheraton Hotel. We love the resort and enjoy our ski vacation there. When the Villas were converted to Timeshare, we bought.

When we purchased in 2007, it was a lot less than the above pricing. However, we paid an extra $2,000 to lock in Presidents Week. I can lock in our week 12 months out without having to play any games. Next to Christmas, it is amongst the most popular weeks for renting out or, I suppose, resale. Total was around $26K.

It is almost impossible to trade into. They hold back a lot of inventory and rent it out at $500 - $1,000 per night during peak season.

This is an awesome property. The villas are wonderfully spacious. The two bedroom is really a mountain view, even though the literature says "valley view".
The interior appointments are excellent. You are just a few steps away... or a glide or two on skis from the main lift to the mountain. All of the mountain action is right within sight of the villa. It has to be the best location in all of Steamboat.

There are several large, recently redone, hot tubs on the top of roof. The service at the Sheraton is very good, with free transportation to town on the shuttle. Crowds are very modest as compared to other resorts along I 70.

There are only 7 2 Bedroom Units and 14 3 Bedroom units on the property.

When we purchased, we got the usual ton of Starpoints and options to get more. This is our second property. I am not a fan of our first timeshare purchase WMH, but this one was a good purchase IMHO... and it is good to have the best property during a popular week locked in at TimeShare value.

Maintenance Fees are around $800 for EOY.

This property rents out very well.... and it is one where you can make good money if you choose not to use it. Trading in for starpoints or other resorts makes very little financial sense.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
With most properties the Declarations specify how many units can be sold as event weeks. It's usually a max of 50% of the inventory for the week, so the other 50% would be open to float owners for those weeks.

When we purchased, we got the usual ton of Starpoints and options to get more. This is our second property. I am not a fan of our first timeshare purchase WMH, but this one was a good purchase IMHO... and it is good to have the best property during a popular week locked in at TimeShare value.

This property rents out very well.... and it is one where you can make good money if you choose not to use it. Trading in for starpoints or other resorts makes very little financial sense.

Hope this helps.
I am not the OP, but that is about the most TUG info I have ever seen WRT Sheraton Steamboat ownership. Thanks for sharing!

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Please don't misunderstand my post - I'm not saying that's how Steamboat handles their event weeks, only that's how I've usually read of it being done. you could get the Declarations that were recorded with the county, and that would spell it out for that particular resort.

For instance, I seem to recall a discussion of event weeks at WLR. If I remember correctly Phase one was sold as 50% percent max for the week, but the documents for Phase 2 didn't have that limitation; they could have all been potentially sold as fixed for that week. Several of the New Orleans resorts have event weeks that are the entire inventory for the week, not just a percentage.

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We used our Starpoints for several years at the Sheraton Hotel. We love the resort and enjoy our ski vacation there. When the Villas were converted to Timeshare, we bought.

When we purchased in 2007, it was a lot less than the above pricing. However, we paid an extra $2,000 to lock in Presidents Week. I can lock in our week 12 months out without having to play any games. Next to Christmas, it is amongst the most popular weeks for renting out or, I suppose, resale. Total was around $26K.

It is almost impossible to trade into. They hold back a lot of inventory and rent it out at $500 - $1,000 per night during peak season.

This is an awesome property. The villas are wonderfully spacious. The two bedroom is really a mountain view, even though the literature says "valley view".
The interior appointments are excellent. You are just a few steps away... or a glide or two on skis from the main lift to the mountain. All of the mountain action is right within sight of the villa. It has to be the best location in all of Steamboat.

There are several large, recently redone, hot tubs on the top of roof. The service at the Sheraton is very good, with free transportation to town on the shuttle. Crowds are very modest as compared to other resorts along I 70.

Hope this helps.

I am the OP and this is exactly what I was asking for. With that, at what pace have the MF increased?? I know these units are hard to find but are they in active sales?? No not looking to buy just doing research. If you do rent here, or even own, can you get a hook up of discounted tickets??? Great information above on this resort!!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was actually just in putting in some updates to this resort, hasnt been reviewed since 2012....hopefully the owners in this post will submit a new review! (worth 6months free membership)

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's one unit for sale in the TUG Marketplace currently.

$8,000 for a two bedroom.