• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want to cancel my wyndham timeshare

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
it is day 5 and post office is closed can a email or fax a rescend to get out of my timeshare?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Stacie - In what state did you buy your timeshare?

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
South Carolina

South Carolina I live in Illinois

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did your purchase materials include cancellation information?

What date did you sign the contract?

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
"purchaser's nonwaivable right to cancel". I want to cancel this contract without penalty or obligation within 5 days after the date I signed the contract, not including Sunday if that is the fifth day or the date I receive the disclosure statement pursuant to section 27-32-100, whichever occurs later. If you decide to cancel you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel by sending notice by verifiable means to wyndham vacation resorts inc., attention: account controls administration-recession dept.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send your rescission letter tomorrow by Certified Mail, w/returned receipt. The 5 days are business days and Sunday won't count.

You're cutting it pretty close, and if you can get an email or fax address, send an email or fax tonight to show intent.

Wyndham are pretty honorable, but you might be leaning on their good graces to allow a late rescission.

Good Luck!

Get to work!

Jim

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
Yes today is the 5th day tomorrow the 6th so that is why I worried! I do not have a email or fax number? do you know of any? I just have the mailing address. I also do not know what the letter should state do you?

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
It states! within 5 days after the date you signed the contract, not including Sunday if that is the fifth day or the date I receive the disclosure statement pursuant to section 27-32-100, whichever occurs later.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes today is the 5th day tomorrow the 6th so that is why I worried! I do not have a email or fax number? do you know of any? I just have the mailing address. I also do not know what the letter should state do you?

The letter doesn't have to be fancy, or legalese. Just:

To whom it may concern,

I/We________________ wish to cancel and rescind contract #__________, Dated July 22,2014.

John Husband____________________
Stacie Wife______________________

Promotional materials (the folder, etc) to be returned under separate cover. (then mail them back)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the TUG Advice page with an article about canceling, and it includes a sample letter:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

Just to be clear - it doesn't matter when they RECEIVE the letter - what's critical is when you SEND it, and that you mail it "return receipt requested," or some other method, that allows you to prove when you mailed it.

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
I sent it by email to sales rep hope that works until I can mail it tomorrow???

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do you think I have anything to worry about?

Sure. Worry. I think you should have sent the letter this morning, but at this stage, just do the best you can. After you get notification that your rescission is in process (you may not get notification), or see a refund of your down payment (can take up to 45 days), THEN you can stop worrying.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That won't work, and he is going to call you tomorrow and try to talk you out of it - He will lie to you and twist your arm to try to save his commission don't answer his call.

Rescissions don't go to sales - they go to a different department.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Email will definitely NOT work. A FAX to the rescission department might. The mail will work if postmarked before the end of the rescission window. At this point, do both of the last two actions, and hope for the best. Once you take those two actions, don't keep yourself up at night worrying about whether you got under the wire or not; it won't affect the ultimate outcome.

If you put the initial deposit on a credit card, you might dispute it, but that might open up another can of worms if your rescission is considered too late.

Last edited:

Stacie88lynn

Reaction score
Do you have a telephone number to the contract department or a fax number?

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Google is pretty good for this kind of stuff. ;)

http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/contact-us

Corporate Headquarters
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
6277 Seah Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
407-626-5200

Good luck! And let us know how it works out.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fax is 702-304-4217

Phone is 1-800-251-8736 option 2

Phoning anyone is a waste of time.

It appears you have 5 days after July 22 but kinda confusing. If Saturday counts you are out of luck.

I want to cancel this contract without penalty or obligation within 5 days after the date I signed the contract, not including Sunday if that is the fifth day or the date I receive the disclosure statement pursuant to section 27-32-100, whichever

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
The clock doesn't start until the date you received the paperwork that included the rescission verbiage. Most of the time this is probably the same day you signed the paperwork, but - if they gave it to you the next (or on a later) day, then you have a little more time.

If you received the paperwork on the same day you signed, but it was after normal business hours I would bring that up if they try to say you aren't within the rescission period. Probably wouldn't stand up in court, but might sway them to your side.

Good luck - let us know how this turns out!