• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham GRAND Rio Mar (Puerto Rico) HOTEL All-Inclusive

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the following in my email today about All-Inclusive at the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar HOTEL. I asked as owners can we pay additional for all inclusive and she said no. But we can purchase a meal plan that does not include lobster or alcoholic beverages. Breakfast and dinner was $91 per person per day and breakfast lunch and dinner is $124 per person per day. I think with the new Villas I'll bypass and fill up the fridge and use the stove for those prices.

http://www.wyndhamriomar.com/resourcefiles/pdf/all-inclusive.pdf

sdiehl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed in the new timeshare/condo units either those considered Margaritaville or Rio Mar? We have a trip coming in late March and was wondering how construction has progressed. I agree filling up the fridge will be our plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed For New Years

Has anyone stayed in the new timeshare/condo units either those considered Margaritaville or Rio Mar? We have a trip coming in late March and was wondering how construction has progressed. I agree filling up the fridge will be our plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. I was there for New Years. I was in a 1 BR Presidential. The grounds and the room was immaculate. There was only one flaw which I don't consider a flaw. They are still working on the Pool that's for members. I'll attach pics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
2nd Shot of Dining Room

1 BR Presdiential

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 71

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
View From Dining Room to living Room

1 BR Presdiential

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 58

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean fron view from Living Room Balcony

1 BR Presdiential
View Below is of unfinished members only Pool. Trust me, the other pool is packed!

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 73

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
View From Bedroom Balcony

1 BR Presedential

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 56

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
View From Dining Room Balcony

1 BR Presidential

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 66

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Entrance

1 BR Presidential

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bathroom Shower with Bench

1 BR Presidential

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 78

sdiehl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great, can't wait! Thank you for sharing these pictures. I'm feeling a lot more confident about our upcoming trip. We've been to the Rio Mar several times in hotel accommodations and are looking forward to the added comfort and features of a true timeshare unit. We have always been impressed with the resort facilities, location, and beauty.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also stayed in a 1 br presidential reserve over new years. It was wonderful. The front desk staff was great. They went out of their way to make our stay perfect.

The Margaritaville resort, pool and 5 o'clock Somewhere Bar was going to have the grand opening on Feb 15 with Jimmy Buffet and Franz Hanning. I would imagine that the construction is done and the facilities are open by now. Every morning at breakfast, we sat on the balcony and watched the progress. I was told that the Margaritaville pool is only for Margaritaville guests, not hotel guests. They have magic-band like bracelets in different colors to differentiate guests, blue for hotel guests, green for Margaritaville, black for PR, red for conference guests etc.

We also spent one night in a studio which was nice but not as nice as the PR. It was like a regular hotel room with a stovetop, microwave, sink, fridge and frozen concoction maker.

I cant wait to go back.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to go back.

Can you say booked! People complain that it's not in San Juan, but I love the distance! We even went on the 2 hour ATV ride about 10 minutes away at the rain forest...... AWESOME!!!!

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the kioskos in Loquillo for dinner. La Parilla is our favorite.