• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood Resale Prices - 2015 Comparison

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We purchased in 2008-2009, so things might have changed. At that time, there was a $10k minimum for purchasing a Florida property and they also gave 100% of the original purchase price back towards your purchase when you used a resale deed to upgrade. When everything finally settled I posed a summary of how we did it.

Nicely done!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK Makes more sense.

So you can UPGRADE a resale into a totally different resort, which makes it a "developer purchase"?

So we can purchase say a resale - SVV - and UPGRADE it to anything for sale?

In your case, your PGA became SVV?

So the PGA is gone.....

They can "buy back" and apply 80% of the price to the new purchase. Yes, PGA becomes gone in your example.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK Makes more sense.

So you can UPGRADE a resale into a totally different resort, which makes it a "developer purchase"?

So we can purchase say a resale - SVV - and UPGRADE it to anything for sale?

In your case, your PGA became SVV?

So the PGA is gone.....

Correct. PGA is gone. They gave me $19.9k in credit for it towards my purchase.

I'm not sure what the rules are now, but I know they have changed. At the time I purchased, they only allowed me to use a Florida deed to upgrade to SVV. Also, the minimum purchase at that time was $10k.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
They can "buy back" and apply 80% of the price to the new purchase. Yes, PGA becomes gone in your example.

That's essentially the same deal we were offered at WSJ. They were trying to get us to "trade in our equity" to CV units, giving us 80% on the (original owner paid price) resale and 100% on the developer units.

Similar offer at WKORV back in the spring.

The biggest problem with this on the developer units is that you're being offered based on what you paid (say 10yrs ago), and then expected to pay the current going price. Made no sense to pay an extra $50K to get a different unit at the same resort, even if it dropped our MFs by a few $100's a year -- we'd never get the $50K back...

I'm pretty sure they were looking for at least $10K in new monies bottom line, so you couldn't just walk in with a "pricy" resale and trade it up to a $20K developer purchase for nothing.