• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is anyone else having problems with the Shell Vacation Club website?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's very slow, and it's also not letting me go to Point and Play. This has been going on for three days.

Wyndham is not taking care of the Shell owners. I am NOT happy.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is slow for me too, and for some reason, I can no longer find my reservations. I swear that they were viewable and cancelable online before. Now the FAQ says you have to call to cancel. That did not used to be the case. I can't find that link now, nor can I find my email with the confirmation.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went on to see, as I've been using Shell to go to II for last couple days without any problems.

Point and play was working fine for my first couple searches, but hit a snag and gave me the "We're sorry but the Point & Play™ site appears to be down momentarily. Please check back later. Meanwhile, you may call 877-SHELL-10 to book your vacation." message. I guess it is hit or miss at the moment.

I used to view/cancel reservations by using the Transaction History link under Points. It isn't showing me my history today. It is giving me the point and play message from above.^

idontknow

Reaction score
I get the same error….literally every…single…day. Usually in the evening. Most of the time it works okay during the day.

Ive emailed SVC about this repeated problem and they basically said "Thanks, we will look into it." That was several months ago.

Getting very discouraged with SVC.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Shell site is piss poor, goes down most nights at some point between 8p and 11p PST until sometime early the following morning. My transaction history has been inaccessible via the web site since beginning of December (get Point and Play error message) and confirmations have also stopped automatically generating, forcing me to call in to the special customer service line (not the regular SVC number because they can't do it) to have confirmations manually pushed to me, and booking online for Peacock Suites errors out 98% of the time. I have learned a few useful tricks and loopholes that have made SVC ownership quite useful, so even though I complain to them all the time, I am all in all a very happy camper.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Beefnot - would love to hear about a few useful tricks and loopholes!!

Trading power is exceptional with II. I hope they stay with II for that reason. We get great discounted trips during the off-season, less than 60 days, where the points are 50% of the regular number.

Very happy with exchange power, so much so that I have used all of 2014 points already and am anxiously awaiting my new allotment of 2015 points on 3/1, so I can borrow again.

The website really is the worst. It's poorly organized, too. Those various links on the left side of the page are awful. You don't know what to choose to find out how many transactions you have left. It's the worst website of all, and you cannot even book without a phone call. :wall:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website really is the worst. It's poorly organized, too. Those various links on the left side of the page are awful. You don't know what to choose to find out how many transactions you have left. It's the worst website of all, and you cannot even book without a phone call. :wall:

It is pretty horrible. Peacock Suites fails 95% of the time for me, but I am otherwise able to book for the most part online, aside from when the site is down every single night just about. When I am unable to book, I call in and ask for the online transaction fee rate, which they honor.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transaction History is working atm. Hurry while the getting is good. :p

CatLovers

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Transaction History is working atm. Hurry while the getting is good. :p

It's working ... but too bad it's inaccurate. Almost had a heart attack when I saw a transaction I had cancelled months ago still showing up as "current". Called SVC immediately and of course it is correct in the system that the reps can see! I echo the previous comments here -- their website is VERY buggy and quite frankly terrible from a user perspective!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The reservations I have made lately have been through guides, and I don't get a confirmation email on the reservations. I am sick of the problems.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reservations I have made lately have been through guides, and I don't get a confirmation email on the reservations. I am sick of the problems.

If you have a hotmail.com or outlook.com email address, you will not get a confirmation. Gmail addresses work. I think yahoo too. Change your email address and you should start receiving them again. Until that breaks also.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phone transactions are as bad. Spent 10 minutes on the phone while the Shell rep tried to access my II reservation and finally she asked me to call another time. She said she can't access the II website on her end.

I'm trying to cancel a II reservation booked via Shell. From what I can tell, the only way to do it is by calling SVC. Too bad that Shell cannot access the information. :rolleyes: I can only hope that Wyndham's customer service training makes its way over to SVC.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
No Account

I went in to the SVC site today. It let me log in but notified me that there was no account associated with the log in.

Same log on I have used for years. Nothing pressing so I'm going to see if it feels better soon!!

LakeGirlLOW

Reaction score
Cannot access my account - Shell Vacations

Has anyone else gotten this message recently when trying to access their account on the Shell Vacations Club site:

We're sorry but there are no active memberships associated with this account. If you feel this is in error, please contact Member Services at 1-877-SHELL-10 or email asktheclub@shellvacationsclub.com for assistance. Reference code 006.

Of course I tried calling and the offices are closed...I've sent an email, have to wait up to 5 days for a response. I've never seen this message before.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten this message recently when trying to access their account on the Shell Vacations Club site:

We're sorry but there are no active memberships associated with this account. If you feel this is in error, please contact Member Services at 1-877-SHELL-10 or email asktheclub@shellvacationsclub.com for assistance. Reference code 006.

Of course I tried calling and the offices are closed...I've sent an email, have to wait up to 5 days for a response. I've never seen this message before.

I get this message all the time, usually after hours, at least four to five days per week if not daily. Truly a pitiful web site. It will be all good again by the morning though. Until it happens again.

idontknow

Reaction score

I get this message literally every single day. Ive emailed several times and called. They keep saying they are working on the problem but it's been over 6 months for me...longer I'm sure for others. Very frustrating.